• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX at Ish's: HOUSING IS CLOSED, time to actually plan lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Honestly, since I know you have the money and aren't traveling that far at all in comparison to everyone else, I'd really appreciate it if you could chip in. I'm getting pretty full on space as well, so lmk if you intend on bringing anyone else with you :x Also, why haven't you posted in this thread before lol. I even sent out a PM to people that I talked to about housing before making the thread, this thread is important for helping me organize things so unless people make posts in here I'm going to assume they aren't in need of housing, y'know?

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Because I've been posting everywhere else of course. I'm broke in terms of money. I just bought my apex pass, which totaled 62 dollars (I am entering every event and ssb64).

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I was thinking of entering 64, but I always get so messed up switching between that and brawl so decided not to X__x which is a shame really, because 64 is the greatest, but ah well, no regrets. If you're really having money issues, it's fine if you don't pay of course, but I'm just a bit worried that this whole thing is going to have me come out completely broke and exhausted. Which is fine if it really has to be that way, it's just that I'd rather not if it can be avoided :p

Is anyone coming with you?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Most likely going to be staying in a hotel so you don't have to worry about that. I'll see you all at the tournament for sure though

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ This is true.

So anyone who did not yet confirm, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know what's going on so I can work out potential space issues. Especially those of you that'll be flying here, because honestly you should probably have that worked out my now, or almost worked out :x

Luminoth, are you driving and will you + SoraSin be staying with me?

MRM and RSR, do either of you know if you'll be coming yet?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lolololol @ me coming. I'll try and make the next big tournament, but I have NO money currently and I'm going back to school=less money (maybe I'll get a loan). Like, idk if I'm gonna be able to go to Iowa tournaments until January, so unless locals sprout up...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Aight, that's what I thought lol but you posted something about trying to come so I just wanted to make sure. Money... is a ***** :/ pretty sure everyone I've talked to lately is super broke, it's kinda depressing.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
more than likely i'll be driving to this with sorasin, but we haven't worked out the details yet because 2-3 other people might want to carpool with us. >.> so i'm unsure on where we are staying at this point. i will try to get an answer from the 2-3 people that were interested in going so i can confirm/de-confirm staying with you asap.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Eek :x aight, thanks for the update. lmk how many people are in your group once it's worked out, I'll still do my best to house you guys.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
There will be four of us! Is that okay? :O It will be myself, SoraSin, Kel and KassandraNova.

e/ I don't know if this matters, but Sora and I will sleep where ever. We don't need a couch or anything haha.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Are you driving? And as long as you can make sure everyone is respectful + is fine with sleeping on the floor (really, everyone should try to bring pillows/blankets/sleeping bags lol), I think that can be arranged ;D after your group I'm basically not housing anyone that's not already in the OP because of space issues. Seriously though, holy crap, this thing is going to be so crowded @_____@

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
We can try to find somewhere else if everyone else doesn't want to be crowded haha. Everyone is respectful of others' belongings, I promise. Whenever we go to a con or MLG we end up with like ~10 people to a double bed size room. XD We will be driving though. Sora and I are both planning on giving you some money too btw.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol I don't mind the crowdedness if everyone else is okay with it, just trust me when I say that if everyone comes (including not-confirmed people, which is unlikely) there will be like no floorspace when people go to sleep xD and if your car has room, would it be possible for you guys to bring a TV or two? There's only one at my place and there's no way it'll satisfy the amount of people there :x thanks for offering to chip in btw :) but I must request that you hold off on that until the end of APEX to make sure you're not too broke for anything that comes along haha. Any idea what day/time y'all would be looking to arrive/leave?

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
No problem. :D We will more than likely arrive pretty late because the week of Apex is my first week back to school. :x Then we will leave Sunday some time probably since Kel will more than likely make it to bracket, if not come extremely close haha. We will try to bring a TV. I think we MIGHT be able to fit a small one. It just depends on whose car we bring. And that's something that we'll know closer to the date haha.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Eek, school makes everything a pain doesn't it :/ sounds good though, we'll work out the small stuff when APEX is a bit closer :D I would be correct in putting all four of you down as confirmed then, correct?

KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
srsly, i need housing too.
Is it possible to get housing from you?
I will come with crifer, Ravenlord and the other germans.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

TeSik

Smash Cadet
wow ok, so i thought that us germans would sleep in a hotel that's nearby. but now i got to know that we'd need to organize housing! so... Ish, i know that you probably are quite busy, but could you take care of me, too? i'm flying with ravenlord, crifer, kazekun and the other germans.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So many Germans @_______________@ lmao but yeah, as long as you're in their group I'll house you. No more last minute additions to your group though, please, my apartment will be overflowing xD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's just me, (Possibly Caitie, but I think she is gonna room with Pane in a hotel room for free lol), Snakattack, and Shadofiend.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
3-4 people? X____x honestly, if you can get housing with Pane that'd be best space-wise for me, I was only expecting you to come... you can still spend the day here, but as far as sleeping and whatnot goes, I really don't think I can handle it. 15 people is already damn near impossible to fit :/

tekkie

Smash Master
lol @ everyone not planning properly

re-tally everyone coming and make totally sure you can house people. by now you are NOT being a jerk by telling people no.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol @ both.

Everyone listed in the OP is guaranteed housing without bringing any more guests. I'm not denying additional people if they're in Ravenlord's group because they're traveling really far for this, but everything else is more or less completely set. At this rate, there will be barely any floor space once everyone lies down. Gheb didn't confirm that he's not going, but with all of his work due right after APEX I don't think it's wise for him to come, unfortunately. MRM said he won't be able to come, so I'll fix that in the OP later. RSR is still working on it iirc, and Seagull is coming with a group of people but it's not really possible for me to house more than just him.

TeSik

Smash Cadet
wow man, thank you SO much! :) big respect to you, i appreciate your commitment.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You're welcome :p I mean, I might as well house people when I'm such a convenient location lol, it's a good way to give back to the community. Especially when it comes to international players that are taking quite the trip to get here, it's pretty important to help them out with housing after all their effort, y'know? ;)

Anyways, onto news about space issues. There's a main room, a bathroom, a small hallway with two sinks, and two bedrooms. One of these bedrooms will not be available for use, because it is not my bedroom and my apartment-mates requested that it remains closed off, which I will obviously be respecting.

So for sleeping, we can accomodate 15 people but it will be pretty cramped. 5 or 6 can fit in my room without too much difficulty, and the rest can fit in the main room. Be sure to bring your own sleeping bags and blankets and pillows and whatnot if possible, you'll appreciate it lol.

My roommate will be back for a day or maybe two during APEX, and when he's back whoever is sleeping on his bed will have to relinquish it, obviously. If the room is too cramped for him we might have a person or two move into the main room. For the person who ends up sleeping on his bed anyways, you are not allowed to sleep in his bed, just on it. Be clean, don't mess anything up, etc etc you should know the drill.

Once I'm done with finals (basically the day after christmas lol) I'll get everyone's flight info into the OP and draft a final schedule for how things are going to happen, as well as send out PMs to group leaders to make sure everything is under control.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Larry as in DEHF and co. as in someone that's going with him (I haven't been informed as to who that person is but that can be taken care of later lol)

Iirc, Bio had an issue with VGBC pressuring him out of some APEX thing because APEX denied VGBC the rights to run the stream because of limitations or whatever, but he still would've had his housing, idk. Really though, I hope you guys have housing :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom