• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I do have a problem with how both RR and FF kept pushing Trisscar to be the yeet over Fonti or Boom.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
that wasn't me AND RR, that was me tunneling and RR sheeping me which I know looks suss but I PROMISE you it was not coordinated, I am not with ****ing RR why the **** would we claim what we did and essentially makes ourselves perma suss until atleast one of us flips, especially WHILE bessie was already under pressure that **** is suicidal

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Like technically it could be FF and RR and they knew Fonti was going to die (not sure why FF kills Fonti there though) and they pushed the Trisscar so it would be boom in this situation and set it all up. This would also explain why a scum Ryu would shoot Bessie because those were the two main candidates. But then we have to work under the assumption that FF and RR are scum and FF has been oozying towniness for a while and RR setup his read on Bessie early on and their own similar claims forced them into that situation so they certainly could have avoided it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was wrong af on triss I will own that 100% but that was not an opportunistic situation, I'd been on that slot all game with a ****ing legitimate but wrong read on it and also was just using basic strategy to shore up the read because a wild card double voter slot that is begging for modkill and accidentally quick hammered our jailer needs to ****ing go like Im sorry

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
like I by no means townread RR but he's willing to yeet boom so if they're mates I say let him buss the **** out of him

it is very, very obvious that RR jumping on triss was just him sheeping my obsessive tunnel

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think Boom would throughout his scummates name their Eido tbh. But really its hard so I am really hoping that if we go with boom his flip just outs the last scummate though I know the chances of that are super unlikely.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Vote Boomfrog

I feel like this is the right play and people can bully me post game if not. Not trying to put any rush on you Eido. I'll listen to whatever you have to say and we can talk it out if you want go elsewhere we can totally do that.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
tbh part of me is voting because if it is boomfrog and we let him go then we'll get yelled at by the dead more than if its not Boom lol.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I think Boom would throughout his scummates name their Eido tbh. But really its hard so I am really hoping that if we go with boom his flip just outs the last scummate though I know the chances of that are super unlikely.
Yeah I get that. I also know nothing about Boom's habits. I found him very different to somitomi, and I was almost Town-reading somi.

From what it looked like, he picked out Vic / Frozen / Ryu, and offered Vic's name first as a potential lynch out of the 3 'coasters'.

So this makes me think he's likelier to be aligned with Frozen / Ryu than Vic, because he didn't throw out their names instead.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
mala I'm right there with you man if its not boom I'm just ready to eat so much **** in post game like wtf was this nonsense it's gonna be crazy to dissect, but like everything we know for our PoE points to boom like we're essentially gaslighting ourselves redoing the deliberation we literally JUST did at EoD3

Eido Eido :smash: this **** homie, avenge fonti

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Thats fair from your POV. I've played with Boom all three games here so far and he's been town, but he's also always been a wily and smart one who usually always has cards up his sleeve and tricks to play so thats why I feel like it could be the opposite.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah his profile says north carolina so yeah eastern time zone, rippppp

catch you guys in the AM for the flip, we have TONS of reason to be optimistic here, let's get this **** done

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of late... it's too late here. I'm out. Catch you guys tomorrow.

FROZEN IF YOU"RE SCUM I'LL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
see ya'll tomorrow fellow hopefully town members besides Eido who is definitely town but probably won't be around tomorrow

Chaco

Never Logs In
A majority Lynch has been reached!

End of Day 4 Vote Count:

BoomFrog(4): FrozenFlame, RedRyu, Malakandra, Eido

FrozenFlame(1): Vicarin

Not Voting(1): BoomFrog

Chaco

Never Logs In
1605935285118.jpeg

“Pick me pick me I’m booooored”
“Alright..it’s you then. You’re the killer.”
“Noooo amigos that’s not what I meant!”

Things were starting to come together for the group as they quickly navigated 4th circle in World’s Edge. The zones were getting tighter and before long it’d be down to the last of them.

You guys are making a mistake! I swear! Check out this cool stunt?!”

Octane, BoomFrog, tried to hit his launch pad to escape in stunning fashion, but he miscalculated his jump....

...right into the mob of legends.

Octane has been downed.

Octane, BoomFrog, Mafia JoaT has been eliminated!

It is now Night 4, which will be 36 hours! Game will resume Sunday @ 12pm EST.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
1606059985996.jpeg

Nights went from things of peace to chaos in World’s Edge. It was hard for the remaining players to get any rest due to diligence of keeping a watchful eye. As much as they seemed to do, it was never enough...

I’m opening up the sky’s, brudda!”

Gibraltar called in his defensive bombardment and tossed his dome shield out to protect himself. The explosions lighting up the Night sky as it creeped into morning. When the smoke cleared, the Dome shied still stood and you can see Gibraltar’s outline inside.

The dome faded and the mountainous man fell to his knees clutching his throat, slit from ear to ear.

Eido, Gibraltar, Town Mason bled out N4.

It is now Day 5, this Day phase will End Wednesday @6PM.

Vicarin Vicarin #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Malakandra Malakandra #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

With 4 alive it takes 3 to Lynch.

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
good ****ing **** boys, told you I wasn't scum

all aboard the HBC train again to exclap the scummiez for a gg no re?

Vote: Vicarin

dude was the only one putting up legitimate resistance to the boom lynch yesterday, he ****ing voted for me after essentially he admitted by PoE Boom had to be scum and then tried to massage his way out of it by saying he was "addressing a hypothetical" or some other nonsense when he very clearly implied he was "looking for booms mate" and then he never voted boom

given only one kill, I think we really are just in a situation where is 3 scum and they had a bonus strongman kill that they used on ryker. vic's claim being fake makes perfect sense in this world because if it's town!vic scum should've/would've used the strongman to deal with IC mala and undo all the clear tempo we had from that but ofcourse they couldn't because mala flipping before vic = insta yeet vic

Vic has also just generally been coasting on his claim all game which further indicates that his claim was a deliberate scum strat to allow a scum slot to ride on "buddying" mala via partially confirming the claim thru mala and riding the town cred that comes from having a confirmed power from a confirmed townslot

RR shot bessie in the face over me. I was anti bessie all game and a major proponent of both the lynch attempt on her late D1. I just ****ing spearheaded scum!boom. town!fonti was willing to lose to scum!me she was so convinced I was town. I don't know what else I can do at this point to prove how obvtown I am

if RR is an indy then this setup is just ****ed and idk what to say, if he is mala we're in a kingmaker scenario which is kinda bull**** and frankly I don't think chaco would design a game that allowed for kingmaker bull**** to happen. If it's RR and he's literally been turbo bussing since he shot bessie idk what to say, we've been outplayed again by another all in bus strat like fonti did in things I like but I just don't see it from RR, that is not his M.O. Also I really don't see scum!Ryu just sheeping me all game post bessie flip, I think he would have been trying to do a lot more work to undermine my credibility because he knows he can't just flip on me in endgame without looking extremely suss. he hasn't laid ANY groundwork for lategame success creating misyeet options for him self if he's the last scum and would be relying entirely on the bus credit. this isn't impossible but like yall have said about me, if it's RR as the third mate I've just been outplayed and I'm willing to lose to him but like come the **** on who ****ing daykills their mate when they could have ****ing shot me?!

RR and I can't be aligned, like there aren't 4 aligned scum, math just doesn't work out. so basically in my mind its either me mala and RR are all town and town had double passive protectives (which tbh isn't THAT powerful if scum have strongman kill AND vicarin is lying about the life link thing), OR its scum!vic and RR is some weird non-killing indy because we haven't had a double kill since ryker/xivii and there's no way that many 3rd party kills got stopped

let's take this one home guys, should be clear as ****ing day from vic's play last phase that he's the last wolf. I feel kinda bad for boom/vic because they were in a really awkward position and I think just felt squeezed out with very little room to play. I don't blame vic for trying what he did but his play last phase literally borders on open wolfing. Happy to go over anything you guys have questions about but I think voting patterns alone from yesterday show that vic is the clear bingo

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I re-read the whole game yesterday FF and I hard get where you are coming from. My holdup about RR though is he sheeped your case on Trisscar, and then sheeped your case on Boom. I'm NOT saying this makes me feel bad about you, your town and if your not I'll gladly lose to you, but it makes me feel a bit weird about RR. He has the benefits of shooting Bessie and his early hard case, but then his vote on boom didn't show much solve behind it other than just kinda following you. I think its possible that scumteam knew Boom was going down there and decided to have RR bus.

Vicarin on the other hand, you said it with the main thing going for him was his claim, but with the existence of a poisoner which I think is pretty much confirmed to exist now it makes some cracks in that. and while he was coasting for a few days he actually posted a lot of stuff that came from a town POV yesterday, though it was all stuff that I think could be faked.

I want to hear from both of them before voting, but I'm fine rushing this as I'll have some IRL stuff popping up tomorrow and I don't think the extra time will do me much good.

BTW who does everyone think is the most likely person to have been poisoned last night?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think we have to assume Bessie was bussed. We've gotten this wrong repeatedly which means some basic assumption is flawed. Look for unnatural reads, possibly people who found her scummy too easily.
lol ok just found this in my quotes and remembered why I quoted it. Who wasn't scumreading Bessie? Boomfrog and Vicarin.

Vicarin first says
I have learnt from experience that I am terrible at reading bessie D1 in most games so I wasn't going to attempt to do so too hard, I'll find it significantly easier with more info.
then after I ask for a Bessie read
Bessie -

Starts off with a bit of fluff towards me. Spends #140 mostly responding to questions, only asking a few herself. #262 is mostly concerned with starting arguing with LaserGuy over the role colouring stuff, and also having comments about my reaction to the mass claim idea. #436 is tied up responding to a bunch of questions from Xivii and also asking some of Ryker. #451 is responding to questions and saying that she isn't getting enough responses to her questions in return. #606 is mostly talking about the role pm discussion with LaserGuy and how it's monopolizing her time. #620 is interacting mostly with Red Ryu, but also asking a decent question of UtopianPoyzin.

Seems overall decently like her town game so far. I think it's pretty fair that a lot of her time has been taken up responding to LaserGuy repeatedly asking about role PM stuff, and I don't think it's a particularly productive route of inquiry, so that makes LaserGuy mostly look worse in that exchange. Other than that, she has been asking a lot of questions, quite a few of which have not really been answered, so what she can follow up on has been limited as well.

I'm inclined to believe town atm, would very much like to see her current reads list seeing as Maven has coughed up one by now.
defends her, this is after RR has gone on Bessie and others are following.

Like unless RR is a turbo busser then its just Vicarin. Going to let them both get on first before voting though, just to be safe. I also need to look back at some of Eido's stuff because he brought up some points saying Vic and Boom weren't aligned.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
why do you think a poisoner if confirmed? I think we've been wrong on that all game given the consistent "bled out" flavor every night

no kill N1 makes sense if they were trying to set up vicarin for claim success. N2 they went for xivii who I think we all know was not a protection priority but a strong town core force at that point, and strongman Ryker because he was all but mod confirmed town after claiming mason and he absolutely had the reigns to the town. N3 fonti kill is bizarre af but I legitimately think boom knew that leaving fonti alive guaranteed his lynch the next day whereas he probably felt more comfortable matching up against me and hoping he could just convince the two confirmed townies to misyeet me or RR. I think scum!boom think you and eido do whatever the **** fonti says, but of course that's just my own speculation about how scum!boom assesses fonti as a threat vs. me etc etc

so yeah, I don't think these kills are delayed. not saying it's impossible but I just really doubt it at this point

re: RR turbo bus, I agree that the only plausible way that happens is if boom and bessie legitimately coached him to do it. One of the big posts that really throws me re: possible scum!RR is that old boom post right after RR daykilled where he was like "RR you predictable *******!" or something like that. Tbh it read as a genuine reaction, also, wasn't boom advocating for him shooting me in thread? I think if boom and bessie are coaching RR to turbo bus, that Boom gets on that wagon too and throws bessie under as well for extra credit, like why would they split their approach?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu if you've actually spent your totem and have been lying about it all game just to avoid being a sitting duck for the scum bullet now is the time to say and which night you used it, if you're town this is a no brainer at this point so out with it if you've been holding on to that

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do agree mala that RR sheeping me is perfectly consistent with a turbo bus strat, he just would ride his kill on bessie cred to endgame and knows he picks up more cred with me supporting the triss wagon and especially turboyeeting boom with me with no hesitation last phase which is the BEST possible bus cash in from my POV

I just think it's too much of an all in. I don't think scum would feel cornered like they HAD to resort to all in bussing once RR had the gun. they had so much control over where the game went if it was scum!RR holding the gun with me and bessie as options. you KNOW I can't be scum with RR so why doesn't scum!RR shoot me, you guys get my useless ****ing townflip, and then game proceeds on with town behind on tempo. Shooting one of their own that phase was a MAJOR setback for scum and really exacerbated the tempo they were behind from being up IC and masons

Malakandra

Smash Lord
why do you think a poisoner if confirmed? I think we've been wrong on that all game given the consistent "bled out" flavor every night

no kill N1 makes sense if they were trying to set up vicarin for claim success. N2 they went for xivii who I think we all know was not a protection priority but a strong town core force at that point, and strongman Ryker because he was all but mod confirmed town after claiming mason and he absolutely had the reigns to the town. N3 fonti kill is bizarre af but I legitimately think boom knew that leaving fonti alive guaranteed his lynch the next day whereas he probably felt more comfortable matching up against me and hoping he could just convince the two confirmed townies to misyeet me or RR. I think scum!boom think you and eido do whatever the **** fonti says, but of course that's just my own speculation about how scum!boom assesses fonti as a threat vs. me etc etc

so yeah, I don't think these kills are delayed. not saying it's impossible but I just really doubt it at this point

re: RR turbo bus, I agree that the only plausible way that happens is if boom and bessie legitimately coached him to do it. One of the big posts that really throws me re: possible scum!RR is that old boom post right after RR daykilled where he was like "RR you predictable *******!" or something like that. Tbh it read as a genuine reaction, also, wasn't boom advocating for him shooting me in thread? I think if boom and bessie are coaching RR to turbo bus, that Boom gets on that wagon too and throws bessie under as well for extra credit, like why would they split their approach?
I think the factional is a delayed kill, because it explains a lot of what has happened. But I could be wrong and I don't think its that important to solving.

Top Bottom