• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Great tournament. :)

For those who might have played me and don't remember who I am: I'm the girl who played MK and Peach in their red costumes in Brawl, and Peach in pink or green in Melee.. :p I'm really horrible with names, so if you want a shoutout, give me one. ^_^
Where you the Red MK who was playing Lordknight?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
My Shouts

After getting 10 hours of sleep all weekend (albeit, it was more than JCaesar got), and helping to run the Brawl and Brawl+ events, I can say I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tantalus' Placing- 0-2 to everyone in his pool. As for my placing, I have no johns. I did absolutely horrible, I played like a scrub. That's all there was to it. You could say my mind was focused on commentary and running the event, but I don't consider that a legit excuse and I plan to be in full force next week at Chu Dat's DOJO.

As for all the people, I met so many awesome people, I'm gonna try to post everyone that had the most significant impact on my life this weekend.

EE- you're like, my best friend in smash! We were running the train on the hotel without them even knowing!!! You are amazing, good job beating Hylian, now lets go win in MD/VA
JCaesar- Good stuff with Brawl+. Next time I'll be more helpful running the event, but your goal was accomplished at this event. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Brawl+, I think it got it's chance to shine and now the people can decide.
dmbrandon- you are a class act, and remain funny while doing it. You just do well with the community. I'm glad you came back for the finale on sunday, it was fantastic. I hope to see you again soon.
Lobos- thanks for riding up, the car ride was amazing. Thanks for the photos and just being awesome.
Shinku- "Suck my ****" lolz, you are too funny. Laugh some more about the guy in the bathroom, please do. Also, do you know chuck?
Alex Strife- We did it dude. Together with Magus, Inui, Crismas, DM, HAT, OBM, Solid Jake, Dazwa, Chibo, and Atomsk we were able to put on an amazing event. We've achieved a landmark in smash history.
Crismas- your devotion is amazing, please keep putting events together. You did great this weekend.
Inui- make sure to post a picture of your finger!!!! No jones :p
Trevor- dude, always a pleasure. Come back to MD, soon. We need to play more matches though, I'm gonna get serious.
Chu- Good job winning regionals. Lets have another awesome tourney next week
Kenny- Come up north to MD more! And chill. Amazing individual.
Kornn- good stuff, you really could be a top 3-4 placer every week if you tried as hard as you did at APEX.
Dazwa- Random one liners are awesome
Solid Jake- good stuff with the webcam
OBM- good stuff with pools and helping run the event
Dojo- I will come to texas, one day
Hylian- You didn't have to really lose to him!!!! Hahaha, hopefully you won't have ban grudges against him
Kage- sorry about the room, you were welcome to stay, but I completely forgot about you when I went back to the room. I sincerely apologize. I woke up the next day and was like "oh crap"
HolyNightmare- nice to finally meet you and play in person, you're real smart, and you'll keep improving. Good job.
Plairnkk- That was the first time I've seen you truly back in full "plank" form since maybe fall 08. Great job vs. dapuffster, I can't wait to re-live that match.
Turbo- great job beating puffster in brawl+
Boss- UP B LIKE A BOSS
Candy- sorry i stepped on your foot X_X, good job beating dojo
Meep- IC are real good, you almost beat Anti, so close. You always get hard brackets.
Cooters- Where were you?

More to come. Thanks to everyone.

masterdrenin

Smash Apprentice
BEST. TOURNAMENT. EVER.

lol this really is what Clash of the Titans 4 should have been
live stream was amazingly well managed as well
brawl needs more amazing players like ALLY and M2K, then brawl would always be epic haha

Fletch

Smash Master
the fact that m2k vs ally game 1 didn't entertain me shows how bad this game is
Exactly what I was thinking, couldn't even come close to getting through that video.

Jman and M2K didn't play for winner's finals? That's a shame, but good to see someone other than M2k (or Mango) win a Melee tournament.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
B

Melee

Singles

1: Jman ($329.00)
2: Mew2King ($94.00)
3: Chudat ($47.00)
4: hax
5: kage
5: cactuar
7: Scar
7: Hazzard
9: Anther
9: Eggm
9: Vanz
9: Plankk
13: Hylian
13: dj nintendo
13: Darc
13: G$
17: KOS-MOS
17: ClownYoter
17: Rei
17: Thumbswayup
17: hat
17: Shinku
17: thekremlin
17: Magus
25: project-k
25: B-Tree
25: Smashjin
25: hoyo
25: Blast
25: PikaPika!
25: gso
25: BetaZealot
33: sk
33: Raiame
33: swordz
33: Yes!
33: Raijin
33: Loci
33: Pheonix Lord
33: Inui
33: Calm Chaos
33: Alukard
33: ScottyDo
33: God-is-my-rock
33: Boxob
33: UTD Zac
33: HolyChef
33: Tru Skillz
49: Thommy_Don't
49: pissedoffdude829
49: DGMavn
49: Tec7
good ****! Clown Yoter, way to rep our crew. wish I was there to see that Donkey Kong in action.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
the fact that m2k vs ally game 1 didn't entertain me shows how bad this game is
You don't play the game... stfu. Always...there always had to be a brawl vs melee comment. It's ****ing ********, just leave it alone already.

I'm not about to go tell tournament playing gold players that golf is a bad game just because I don't enjoy watching it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My tourney set with Plank helped him create his new move.

It's called: Air Planking

lmao!! Don't take Plank to Battlefield people!!
Imo air planking needs to be banned.

We didn't even lose our second stocks on PS1 and time ran out.

It was the biggest piece of bull **** that I've ever had to play against ever. Although he didn't incorporate it until the 3rd match.

Diddy can't do **** I might as well just use Jigglypuff next time -__-

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I AM RUNNING ON 4 HRS SLEEP AND AM AT WORK! I also OD'd this weekend and screamed a lot like a tard, especially during MELEE, I had a blast. So my voice is seriously strained LMAO!

I will post other specific shout outs later, cause I am at work right now and need to try to focus even though I can't because I'm dazed.

Get at me and DJ Nintendo's beast double bowsers lol.
Could only stay for saturday but the tourney was so much fun. 1st tourney I been to since july.
Maaaaaad long, I'm so surprised you came but it was awesome XD you and DJ in Melee = too good.

are there bracket images?
you know, something that would actually be useful.
See below

Can't ask for everything, the guy just ran an epic tournament. He is exhausted, I'm sure. lol
Fo realz. I reached my house @ 5am and D1 then had to drive him back to the Bronx, he prlly didn't get home till 6am. And he posted results during regionals, he'll put up the brackets later.

Crismas and Hoyo- zomg **** *** melee teams friendlies, definitely gotta do it again soon.

Brawl+ is freaking fun as hell. ppl need to hype it up moar. im mad tired. props to everyone that went and did their thing.

ALEX STRIFE IS THE MAN AT RUNNING TOURNAMENTS. F*CK BEST TOURNAMENT OF 09, BEST TOURNAMENT EVER =).

p.s.- Crismas' stickers are beast. get at her for being so pro.
I agree with all of this. TEAMRAPETEAMRAPE. I've seriously played my best at this tournament in Melee. I wish I could've entered singles.

Sweet. Shout out to Hylian and crismas. Good stuff, Chu.
Thanks, haha<3

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
holy crap Brawl is amazingly awesome and soooo good
Every time a transformation came up he'd hide on the side (mostly on fire and rock) and I couldn't approach him because I would get hit every time by shuttle loop.

When playing on the regular portion of the stage he'd pretty much d air in the air for the entire match. I'd try to hit him with banans then follow up with an arieal, hed dodge it and then grab me as I landed on the ground and got more damage at me. Then around the last minute he stayed on the ledge planking.

Btw who saw my doubles match against Hylian and Dojo on sat's livestream?

I knew u guys would love my jiggs ^_^

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lolol @ crismas.

Jersey is freaking awesome. Shoutout to all the brawlers of NJ, oh and my Uncle Clifton. xD

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Gah I was not very lucky in pools, worst match up is snake and nearly everyone in my pool used him :( guess i gotta get that match up down. Def had fun, friendlies and money matches were good ****. grats on the win ally. it was great meeting some of the other g&ws that i have always looked up to.

Famous

Smash Champion
lolol @ crismas.

Jersey is freaking awesome. Shoutout to all the brawlers of NJ, oh and my Uncle Clifton. xD
Dang, must have missed seeing you...You might have been one of the sexy girls I've seen there...

Well anyway, had a good time...Wish I got the chance to play more on live feed though...

Now that I'm home I realized that someone broke my wii...I will no longer be contributing to set-ups in the future since people can be dyckheads these days...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Dang, must have missed seeing you...You might have been one of the sexy girls I've seen there...

Well anyway, had a good time...Wish I got the chance to play more on live feed though...

Now that I'm home I realized that someone broke my wii...I will no longer be contributing to set-ups in the future since people can be dyckheads these days...
I was in Alabama this weekend. I didn't see her in person, Famous. lolol. And I'm not sexy at all.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmao Cristin my voice is shot too. I was having a conversation with my co-worker this morning and my voice kept cracking and I had to speak louder so she could hear me LOL

By the ****ING way, didn't I call that **** LIGHTXDREAM IS THE BEST TO ****ing told all the haters who didn't think this **** would come through. Fantastic tourny, great job Alex :)

Melee was amazing. 50 entrants was more than what I expected. Holy **** teams was waaay too fun.

Shinku- most fun I've ever had in teams while getting *****. Double Bowser and then Cactuar and Scar ****ed us up. We still did well :)

DJNintendo- You and WarriorKnight are the best Bowser's in the world. Your team work was spectacular. Great fake Brawl tourny matches too lol stupid **** up with pools. Wish we got to finish the set for real.

Cactuar- Good stuff in teams, funny that I had to fight you in Scar in teams and then both of you again singles lol. Waveland to back air with Fox was too sexy.

Scar- Suit the **** up! lol jk love playing ya. Great Falcon ditto in tourny. You've really become one of the best Falcons.

Hax!- Great playing you again. Your momentum is so scary. Good **** on beating Chu.

Techzero!!!!- great seeing you again man, fun friendlies as always. Glad I had a KDJ moment in our Fox Falco match ^_^

D1- MA DUDE! Melee doubles was insanely fun, lmao @ my random Falcon punch hitting Crisitin at the beginning of the match :p. See you at Otakon!

Crisin- FALCON PUNCH! LMAO soon as the match started too :p sooo much fun. I shoulda playing more Melee with you guys. I also bought one of your stickers, pink Falcon will have to do for now.

Inui- good stuff in pools and in Melee singles, especially in pools ^_^

Atomsk- good seeing you as always, glad you found your hat lol

EE- FREEZE N***** lol jk <3 it's alright about teams, **** happens. Good ****ing **** on beating Hylian, you looked like a kid in a candy store running around after you won LOL

Afro- your Snake is amazing, had a lot of fun in our mm

Shadow- holy **** our mm was awesome. We were both playing amazing and you got the best of me in the end. Your VERY good at the matchup haha. I demand a rematch next time :)

Candy- Oh you just screwed yourself! GOOD ****ING **** ON BEATING DOJO **** was the most intense camp fest I've ever seen.

Dmbrandon- hilarious mms in Melee man haha. Good seeing you again

MaNg0

Smash Hero
someone tell me things that happen in melee

and ... yay go jman ILL TALK 2 U ON AIM LATER

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Does anyone have me vs anther round 2 or 3 recorded if so upload plz :)

shoutouts later.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
i def had fun at this tourney it ran great!!! shout outs later esp. to all the new friends i made like ALly, candy, Ithrowthings,Anther,NL,HOlynightmare, **** 2 many lol!!!!!!!!!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
2: Mew2King - thanks for the friendlies
17: Slikvik(Wario, G&W, Peach) - great set man, can't wait to play you again
17: NEO(Marth) - great job, mad fun friendlies. keep working
25: PhantomX(Wario) - feel free to stop in the marth boards any time XD
25: Xzax(MK) - nice placing yo
33: Judge(MK, Wario) - amazing mk, good **** in pools
33: Eazy(MK) - nice seeing you again, you did mad good at this tourny
33: Kadaj(Marth) - kadajjjjj, i wish you lived closer :(
33: Yes!(Snake, Fox) - needs less brawl+ XD can't blame you though, will hopefully play you in some sf4 this summer
49: Rhyme(Samus) - good set, definitely want to play you again
49: Xiivi(Luigi) - drive moar
49: Xisin(?) - yo good **** and fun friendlies with you and your crew
49: Dphat(Marth, MK) - SOME people care about my posts ><
49: Keitaro(Falco) - wtf? i barely saw you XD
65: Dark. Pch(Pch) - good stuff in pools, thought you would've placed higher in brackets

others:

tec0!!!! glad i finally got to meet you XD too bad we couldnt hang out much
rogue pit: your tired johns are legit imo

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
lmao Cristin my voice is shot too. I was having a conversation with my co-worker this morning and my voice kept cracking and I had to speak louder so she could hear me LOL

D1- MA DUDE! Melee doubles was insanely fun, lmao @ my random Falcon punch hitting Crisitin at the beginning of the match :p. See you at Otakon!

Crisin- FALCON PUNCH! LMAO soon as the match started too :p sooo much fun. I shoulda playing more Melee with you guys. I also bought one of your stickers, pink Falcon will have to do for now.

HAHAHAHA you definitely spelt my name 3 different ways in this post, and the first one was correct. xDD oh Seb.

And yea, the falcon punch TOO FUNNY! I was like WTF! You just jumped right at me, FOR NO REASON as soon as the match started, you're CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Every time a transformation came up he'd hide on the side (mostly on fire and rock) and I couldn't approach him because I would get hit every time by shuttle loop.

When playing on the regular portion of the stage he'd pretty much d air in the air for the entire match. I'd try to hit him with banans then follow up with an arieal, hed dodge it and then grab me as I landed on the ground and got more damage at me. Then around the last minute he stayed on the ledge planking.

Btw who saw my doubles match against Hylian and Dojo on sat's livestream?

I knew u guys would love my jiggs ^_^
Why are you complaining? You play diddy kong. The word gay should be forever struck from your vocabulary in every situation except referring to yourself. Quit complaining, maybe if you didn't play such a fagtastic character i wouldn't gay you so hard. Olimars and IC's get it next.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
aye what plank does is champion

not everyone can do it

take a real man to plank it

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I know of at least 3 people who quit Brawl forever after this tournament, because the people in their pools were douching them out of brackets, giving each other undeserved wins to block them from making it out. wtf is wrong with the Brawl community? :ohwell:
This has nothing to do with "the brawl community" this will happen in any game. When ever something goes wrong its not "the brawl community".

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
shout outs xD
~light - very good sheik and metaknight,
~bad news bear -awesome friendlies, thanks for letting me stay in your guy's room
~PhantomX -awesome guy, very funny too xD
~NeO -your sheik is ideal for me xD but ill get better wait and see
~steel2nd - nice marth good friendlies
~diddyyoshi - fun diddy
~allied - cool kirby
~Jcaesar - Brawl+ too much fun. i learned buffering in regular brawl because of it(crack)
~D. Pch. - fun friendlies, too bad i didn't get to play your peach
~D.Phat - awesome marth, cool guy too
~Slikvik - nice seeing you again
~Chudat - nicee seeing you, though we didnt get to do friendlies
~Boss - awesome seeing you
~HEERO - commentary xD
~Atomsk - awesome person
~arrcannar18 - sorry we didn't get to play friendlies
~warriorknight - sorry we diddnt get to play. you went straight to melee xD
~Meep! - awesome laugh xD
~Eazy - awesome friendlies

my pools were stacked - ninjalink, kadaj, dj-nintendo were in my pool. although i had close games with all of them. so im glad i didn't lose too badly.

some shadey stuff going on in one of the pools. but i wont say.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Why do people hate on diddy? He's awesome and I love fighting Diddy, one of the most fun matches in the game because his combos are really entertaining, even when he combos me I'm enjoying myself.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
HAHAHAHA you definitely spelt my name 3 different ways in this post, and the first one was correct. xDD oh Seb.

And yea, the falcon punch TOO FUNNY! I was like WTF! You just jumped right at me, FOR NO REASON as soon as the match started, you're CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
LMFAO oh man I am tired. And yes, I even called out that I was gonna throw out Falcon punches before the match started and somehow the first one hit haha. I'm doing that in every match on Dreamland from now on.

Why are you complaining? You play diddy kong. The word gay should be forever struck from your vocabulary in every situation except referring to yourself. Quit complaining, maybe if you didn't play such a fagtastic character i wouldn't gay you so hard. Olimars and IC's get it next.
Nah, Diddy doesn't win tournaments, MK and Snake do. They are far "gayer" than Diddy even with the naners. However, I'm pretty sure that's the Diddy that ran the clock on Turbogilman and a few other MD/VA's at COT4 so I guess it's karma. ICs are the only character that deserve to be planked (when the infinite is allowed). With Diddy all you have to do is get him off the stage and gimp him, which is retardly easy. Any good MK can do it in their sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom