• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Yoshis - Let us know when you make it home!

Scatz

Smash Champion
I finally got home and settled just now. Tired and ****, so I'll make my shoutouts tomorrow.

Also, for Jake:

Yikarur

Smash Master
that remembers me of Desti, when he come here and said "I never lost to Yoshi and played against [europe yoshis listed], you won't win against me" to me.
I beat him in Mid Tier Tournament =D
Luigi so free

Luigisama

Smash Champion
that remembers me of Desti, when he come here and said "I never lost to Yoshi and played against [europe yoshis listed], you won't win against me" to me.
I beat him in Mid Tier Tournament =D
Luigi so free
yeah he's a cocky luigi. Finally I was wondering who would win between you two.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Then plan for a national in another year. I'll try to at least travel to 1 national per year.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Luigi is pretty free for Yoshi though. It's literally because we can run circles around him and he has no range lol. Like, Luigi is almost always slower than the other guy, but when Yoshi has the best air speed, a top 10 running speed, better range, a better grab, AND a better projectile, it becomes REALLY apparent that we should have a solid advantage on him lol.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Luigi is pretty free for Yoshi though. It's literally because we can run circles around him and he has no range lol. Like, Luigi is almost always slower than the other guy, but when Yoshi has the best air speed, a top 10 running speed, better range, a better grab, AND a better projectile, it becomes REALLY apparent that we should have a solid advantage on him lol.
I have to travel to Utah someday to extract the :salt: from you to power my misfire. jk lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You'd have a lot of Salt to extract, dat Great Salt Lake. And if you came to Utah I would love you forever.

But imma have the money to travel around March or so, so Ill most definitely make it to the next nationals, so if you go as well, we could play then for sure ;)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I disagree. Luigi's jab is ****ing stupid, as is his Nair. We do run away well, but Cyclone is always a way to get in and put us off balance, although he usually can't follow up on it directly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I disagree cuz our almost everything outreaches his jab, and his nair wont be doing anything to us since his air speed is so bad and we **** him from below. Sure, his cyclone might hit us, but with no follow ups, all he's going to do with it is get a bit of chip damage.

Scatz

Smash Champion
While we outreach him, it's not like we have such little cooldown to make them impossible to get in. Not only that, but the range isn't that big compared to his jab.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Funny because I'm pretty sure I can read the DI after Cyclone and get follow-ups. I played Laago (Celes) for about 30 minutes and played him in a MM and the match-up is not free for either character.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
More that Ive never lost to Luigi before as Yoshi. Ive literally just played really gay. But then again, the only notable Weegee Ive ever played is Yosh Q so that may just be my lack of MU experience talking.

Also, @All the people disagreeing with me who explain their reasoning: THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING, no ones perfect, especially not me, and I on many occasions end up being wrong. Ive never actually straight out said 'Im right and you guys can all go suck a chode' because IM NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. The best way to learn is to have people explain things and to be proven wrong, and if I dont share my opinions or just silently disagree, Ill never be able to see why Im wrong or learn anything.

So to you people with comments like Nordal's, **** you, quit being an *******. I actually highly respect the people who are willing to take the time to correct me and show me the correct way to do things. The whole reason for MU discussion is to learn how to be more proficient at the said MUs, and if no one ever discussed the MUs, or was willing to correct statements made on the MUs, then all you'd be doing is withholding information from others and such and letting them go on with the wrong ideas.

Anyway, im done ranting about that, im just tired of people thinking being wrong = stupid or worth ignoring. The real people who are stupid or worth ignoring are the people who dont admit mistakes or dont give other people's opinions a chance. At least when I give my opinion im open to debate about it and im not a hardass who thiks he's always right.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
More that Ive never lost to Luigi before as Yoshi. Ive literally just played really gay. But then again, the only notable Weegee Ive ever played is Yosh Q so that may just be my lack of MU experience talking.

Also, @All the people disagreeing with me who explain their reasoning: THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING, no ones perfect, especially not me, and I on many occasions end up being wrong. Ive never actually straight out said 'Im right and you guys can all go suck a chode' because IM NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. The best way to learn is to have people explain things and to be proven wrong, and if I dont share my opinions or just silently disagree, Ill never be able to see why Im wrong or learn anything.

So to you people with comments like Nordal's, **** you, quit being an *******. I actually highly respect the people who are willing to take the time to correct me and show me the correct way to do things. The whole reason for MU discussion is to learn how to be more proficient at the said MUs, and if no one ever discussed the MUs, or was willing to correct statements made on the MUs, then all you'd be doing is withholding information from others and such and letting them go on with the wrong ideas.

Anyway, im done ranting about that, im just tired of people thinking being wrong = stupid or worth ignoring. The real people who are stupid or worth ignoring are the people who dont admit mistakes or dont give other people's opinions a chance. At least when I give my opinion im open to debate about it and im not a hardass who thiks he's always right.
Legit post is legit.

16-24 min of hell ;_;
Bo5, to make up for that LF set. 24-40 min of hell. :awesome:

Nordal

Smash Lord

How cute, I actually seem to have made you upset.

Being an ******* is what I do, get used to it and learn to not take it so personally. I never called you stupid (though I certainly think it due to the whole "I took Trevonte to third game last hit in a MM that no one remembers/saw happen" fiasco); I made a cynical remark about your matchup posts.

People are wrong all the time; that's just how life goes. I don't think being continually wrong makes a person stupid or worth ignoring either; people need to learn from their mistakes.

Situations in matchup discussions shouldn't be posted in certainty due to the variability of spacing. Instead of posting in a definite tone, try using the words "I believe" or "I think" instead.

And if I recall, have you not on several occasions called Burntsock's opinions not valid, and used the statement "this ain't 08" to do so?

Bo5, to make up for that LF set. 24-40 min of hell. :awesome:
Bringing back that 09 Delta.

Yikarur

Smash Master
fuuuuu you guys are so bad for calling it Karamity Zone because I thought it's pretty obvious :'/ !
I do that for months :(

and I'm still jelly and mad >___< waiting for Apex 2013, I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111
:(

Scatz

Smash Champion
If the brawl yoshi's would've taught me how to play yoshi.. I would fill in a spot, and do some work.. :)

But no, yall didn't wanna help me.. :(

btw Delta, I want your backpack still.. /salt

Anyway it was awesome to meet all of you guys... I still think you all should play melee Yoshi, I'll even teach you.. :)

Just teach me back, and I'll try my best and become an awesome Yoshi player in your game. :)
I used to play melee. I don't know whether I'll have the time to fully get back into it, but we'll see what happens. If you wanna put in the work, then we'll try to teach you. We're gonna need videos to get an estimate on where you are with Yoshi.

@Yika: I call it The Zone cause that's what it was literally was when I tried to get in lol. It sucks when you forget old tactics that used to work.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Don't forget dat Karamity determination that survives a string of Luigi combos to dair spike and meteor cancels it.

Top Bottom