• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Applications for a dumb '08 trick

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CxLFT77-OY

So basically I've been using this lately (well the past 3-4 hrs that I was smashing w/ Anuar but I did theorycraft this last night lol).

It's pretty ****. With this I truly feel no pressure when I'm pushed to the edge by Snake/MK tilt pressure or by any character coz I have fast fingers. Basically what I found in our frame data thread is the invincibility we get 10 frames of invul when we get onstage and if we land immediately 7 of those frames are granted when we're grounded.

So yeah, invincible slap, ftilt, grab, nair, bair, uair (even though idk why you would bair/uair).

If you fair the first 10 frames would have invul which I guess would be useful even though it's slow and comes out on frame 16.

Also you can chain this invul into invulnerable spotdodge and roll startup and well, more invul frames in general if you choose to spotdodge or roll.

But yeah, pressure on the edge has rly been a pain so I tried this out and it's rly quick and breaks through stuff.

Oh and you can kinda do a fake falco/pika/link spotdodge w/ this AT. Like if you do the ledge float cancel (LFC) and land immediately that's 7 frames invul left. Peach's dash is 9 frames so basically if you buffer a dash back offstage then you're only exposed for 2 frames + however long ur vulnerable offstage as you're grabbing the ledge with the quarter circle ledge grab. Then you can more or less rinse n repeat or do something else off LFC.

Ima prob try to edgeguard a bit with it too.

But yeah, take from this thread what you will but I personally feel a bit ******** for not using this 2 years ago. :|

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Can't see the vid at work right now, but are you referencing the ledge float cancel that Niko posted about back then? If so, then yes it is amazing and I abuse the **** out of it a lot lol (practically in every match on the conventional stages). LFC to slap, grab, spotdodge, roll, nair, errrrrthing. I kind of just "lol" and let it slide when some other people say Peach has a bad ledge game, since the voluntary ignorance gives me an added advantage.

Good post. It's good to give people a reminder of some useful core tactics every once in a while since it is easy to fall into a trend and forget certain things with such a diverse character. *thumbs up*

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
What happened to no sharing mr secrets? :I

I remember talking about this the other night tho lolz

Ledge Floats are **** tho, coming from characters with mediocre ledge games its like gdlk

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yeah i dun necessarily mean it as a complement to the ledge game but just a general compliment to peach's ground game. it's pretty cool to break mk's tilt's n ****. a couple times i'd break snake or mk's ftilt even if it was well spaced coz we'd actually be able to touch the extended hurtbox they have safely.

so basically ima abuse this a lot more.

and flame, dun give me that smug choco face coz all you do is pull turnips. your playstyle doesn't work b/c it's all you do. do other **** and learn other **** and your peach will get better. u can center ur **** around turnip play for all i care but fishing for special ones won't get ya far if that's your main strat.

i thought i shud throw that out there b/c your peach is in need of help. we shud play n stuff if u got to anuar's.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
wow the callout.

fyiz

I like playing aggro as peach, and I do need to learn aggro peach.

its funner to play with items :x

I would explain the playstyle I like with peach deeper [its more then just run and downB, hope for bob-ombs, believe me] but liiike I wanna keep it a little secret until I pull her out at WGF or Whobo ya kno?

Anyways I'mma hit you up this weekend because I can't stay at anuars long today. :x

And I got that Raz, but a character's ledge game must be good if its good enough for it to be incorporated into the ground game right?

Upon further thinking this probably means I shouldn't have to try so hard to stay in the middle of the stage since peach has ample options in the corner now that you pointed this out.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
It's fun, especially when you go to do it on Final Destination and just go under the lip. Too good.

I'll work on this more. I know I'll somehow get a bomb out of it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Soooo you're suggesting that we use it whenever we're onstage and getting pressured at the end of the stage?

...I never thought about using whilst actually onstage, I always thought of it as a recovery thing

Interesting...
Same, I never even bothered practicing it since I figured I'd never have my float.

Good thread.

Metatitan

Smash Master
To answer your question of when you would Bair/Uair using this raz, if they're say fox shine stalling above the ledge waiting to drill your ledge hop Fair then you can uair. Of course you can just ledge Uair but hey this has invincibility frames.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
To answer your question of when you would Bair/Uair using this raz, if they're say fox shine stalling above the ledge waiting to drill your ledge hop Fair then you can uair. Of course you can just ledge Uair but hey this has invincibility frames.
True that.

And lmfao at your Avi.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Does this work when Snake is there waiting to utilt you?
Like is it safe to LFC and shield before he hits us with utilt?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hmm

u can nair or jab or roll or spotdodge or sumtin before he can utilt or to beat the utilt coz u have invul if ur fast. gotta be fast, gotta be fast.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
that's such a tall order but thanks for the belief haha.

i try i try.

atm i'm trying to get good with falco though. no match-up feels stupidly hard for me but nadooooo~ **** is so good xD

so yah pch/falco in time. ;O

edit: also one last tidbit i shud mention. to do the LFC when ur above 100% then ya need good timing because you ledgehop slower and later after you input your ledgehop. kinda dumb b/c you reaaally gotta be quick and reactive if you wanna make the most of your invul frames when you're in death percent.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question.

Do you only win the invincibility if you LFC as soon as possible after grabbing the ledge, or can you do it after awhile after you grab it?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
why would u need LFC to powershield utilt anyway? I kiiiinda see where you're goin' with this though but like nah, in general utilt doesn't have enough endlag to get away w/ usmash. You can try it though if you think the opponent will buffer nothing at all but normally even the worst smash players end up buffering shield.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
why would u need LFC to powershield utilt anyway? I kiiiinda see where you're goin' with this though but like nah, in general utilt doesn't have enough endlag to get away w/ usmash. You can try it though if you think the opponent will buffer nothing at all but normally even the worst smash players end up buffering shield.
Yea makes sense. Just looking for ways to improve landing a usmash lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea makes sense. Just looking for ways to improve landing a usmash lol.

Just Float Land to Jab. Or do it to a Nair>Jab. You can Cancel out Snakes uptult with Jab. or even hit him before he hits you. You can hit him with Nair too. YOu can Float land to A roll. You will have more invic frames and snake can not touch you with his Uptilt. You get behind him or just right in front of him. Then punish. Snakes Uptilt does not have quick coll down time.

jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility.

If he is near the ledge when you grab it and did not burn your float, You can let go and float to a bair. When you let go of the ledge, 21 frames of invis frames you have. So playing with some math here.

21-6= 15 frames of invis you have while you attack with bair
21-3= 18 frames of invis frames you have with nair
21-8= 13 frames of invis you have with upair
21-12= 9 frames of invis you have for Dair
21-16= 5 frames of invis you have with fair.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
dark. wanna do me a favor and do the math for when you're above 100% coz I can kinda have the timing down for it but I wanna know if that version even has invul frames.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
When you clearly get up from the ledge over 100, you can not be touched for 55 frames. Nearly a min. And you are open for 4 frames.

least amount of time on the ledge is 25.

Takes 26 frames when you grab the ledge to gain control of your character.

26+55= 81 frames you can not be touched. your get up is 59 frames. So when your invic frames run out, you are open for 4 frames before you gain control of Peach. 4 frames your opponent has to punish you

Now if you was to do a get up attack, you can't be touched for 48 frames. The hit box on her attack comes on out frame 44 and last for 5 frames. So it is not out for long. But then you are open for 21 frames. This is long enough to be punished with many attacks.

26+48= 74 frames you can't be touched while attacking from the ledge. And 21 frames after the opponent has to punish you.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh tight. Even though that wasn't what I wanted that's still very useful information haha thx.

but what I wanted was the frame data on the LFC above 100% b/c even the ledgehop is a ton slower.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think that question was answered in my first post

"jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility."

When you jump off, you are invic for 20 frames. But the floating cancels her jump animation, those you can float on stage or float land.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ooooooooooooh so basically it's the same thing for above 100% even though it's a thousand times slower.

ok gotcha, thx.

Top Bottom