• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Applications of PK Fire?

Kham

Smash Cadet
PK Fire has horrible start-up and ending lag, and short range. Is it at all useful in a match? In a 1v1 it probably isn't too good an idea to use it, but in a teams match it could potentially set up for a grab or a smash for your partner. Should it be used then? How else can this move be used?

BladeZero

Smash Cadet
Only thing that i could think of would be as a pseudo edge guard, however ness has awesome arials, as well as the controllable pk thunder to work with. You'd be better of just DJCing in team games to set up for combos. Pk fire is essentially useless.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
DI upwards while mashing C for a DJ escape. or DI towards the gruond and see if you can shield.

i fluked this once : jump out -> pkfire -> DJUair ->UB . it didnt kill him, and it wasnt a real combo anyways, the cpu UBed during the Uair and UB. unforunetely it was fox, so i hit him nonetheless.

side note: did you know PK is an abreviation of a swearword in HongKong?

cam`

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the tip. i lived in hong kong for a couple of years, poq gai or whatever? something about dying in the street? lol

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
You can use the fire from the air with a small short hop, if you catch them with it you can run in for a grab, hold them inside the pillar to get an extra 15% or so and then throw. The problem with the move though is that you can DI out of it fairly easy so if you aren't extremely quick on the grab follow up, they will just DI up and get a free aireal on you.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Healing your team Ness in 2v2s. lol.

Also you can use it to set up a pillar of defensive against mario's fireballs. Works pretty well.

To DI you can just DI to the side, pretty easy to get out of.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Like Metroid said you can use it, then grab and hold, or if your fast and your foe is slow and DI weak, you can try to jump in and get a few DJT Uairs in :p

Top Bottom