• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching the Titain in the hood

iRjOn

Smash Lord
^^^^ this partially says it, Sup Peach boards!
I'm gathering info about how peaches prefer to approach T.Link, the mini titain of brawl.

This all I want to kno really.

I'll let yall discuss this.
So I probally wont add my 2 cents.
But just keep it clean no fights plox.

That doesnt mean I'm not gonna post >_>... I may even throw a question out there about wat someone posted.

Presiate the help Peach boards!

*grabs pencil and paper to take notes, then sits in a chair*

Now let the discussion.....BEGIN!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
well just keep in mind that i've been maining peach for like 2 weeks only but i usually do

jump + throw turnip + float
jump + throw turnip + double jump fair

after a while I try floating w/ a turnip in hand and tryin' to catch the ****** w/ a fair or dair.

sumtimes i just try to bait the tl into tryin' sum bair/nair b.s coz so toad can do sum work. @_@

oh and sumtimes if I'm close enuff or mid-range or sumtin like that I'd try to toad a projectile and hope a spore reaches.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Toon Links love to use boomerang + bow and arrow to keep you at bay. Fortunately, floating helps a ton with that.

The idea is to use floating as a mind trick and not as a way to attack Toon Link. If you float above him, he'll hit you with u-smash or u-tilt, both of which come out extremely fast and have plenty of range. I've found that using Toad to punish (when he fires projectiles from within Toad's range) and baiting him to use shield grab (Toon Link's grab animation can be severely punished if he misses) and peach bomber to move in aggressively works really well.

And of course, Turnips will be key. Gimp his Up+B with them while he's off the edge, or throw them from the air (and aim for the head!) if he keeps spamming projectiles all day long.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Approaching a good Toon Link can be very very difficult indeed.

I personally try to avoid mindlessly floating towards Toon Link - a stage bounced/curved Boomerang will knock you out of the sky all the time. I always approach with a Turnip as most Toon Link's are very airborne due to their good air game and generally try to perfect sheild (or Toad if I'm close enough) his projectiles.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Dair is actually a good way to get close, as it cancels out his boomerang and arrows.
Don't spam it though- you have to space it properly or he'll just jump and hit you while you're dairing his projectiles.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Glide tossing
- Nair

Advance approaches:

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair

iRjOn

Smash Lord
hmmm...nice job dark peach thanx for the couple of approaches.
I might have enough info but keep them coming people just incase something different pops up.

oh and btw whats erm FC?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its common sense really, if he is spamming weapons, its not good to go trying to get close through the air. For that Peach can use the advance approaches

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I always try to use turnips to open up stuff for me. Like glide toss > double slap, and once I double slap I'm already in where I want to be anyways. My friend plays a hell of a good TL and I always get him with that, combo galore afterwards. But really Peach shouldn't be in the air much against TL, too many things can hurt a floating Peach.

Top Bottom