• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Apr 11, 2015] Norcal Melee presents: I'M NOT YELLING! featuring ARMADA,... (Oakland, CA)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

The third installment of the legendary Norcal Melee regional tournaments features the same spacious venue and professional Norcal TO staff, along with Armada returning to Norcal for the first time since Genesis 2! We will also be presenting the finals of MattDotZeb's fantastic series, The Melee Games!

Watch online at www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash (main stream) and www.twitch.tv/showdowngg (secondary stream).

ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY, DEADLINE APRIL 5
REGISTER AT smash.gg/INY
smash.gg is a new platform that will incorporate a lot of great tools for the smash community. Me, Juggleguy, and CrimsonBlur are all on board with it so you know it's legit! You must create a smash.gg account (free+easy) to sign up for the tourney.

Fees:
$10 venue fee/spectator fee (good for whole weekend)
$15 singles
$30 per team ($15 per teammate)

Tournament format: Singles R1: Round Robin pools; R2: Round Robin or bracket pools; R3: 32-player DE bracket . Doubles: DE bracket.
R1 Round Robin pools will be done in waves. Pools will be announced Tuesday before the tournament, you can view your wave at that time.
Tentative Schedule:

Saturday:
10AM venue opens
11AM Wave 1 singles R1
1PM Wave 2 singles R1
3 PM Doubles bracket to top 4-8
7 PM The Melee Games Finals

Sunday:
10 AM Venue Opens
12 PM R2 singles
2 PM Doubles top 4-8
4 PM Singles top 32
6 PM Singles top 8

Rules:
Apex ruleset (http://www.meleeitonme.com/img/Apex_2015_rulebook.pdf) with the following modifications:
DK64 is not a legal doubles stage.

Directions:

Flying to Norcal:
Best options are SFO or OAK. SJS is viable but public transportation from San Jose to Oakland is difficult.

From SF/East Bay/Marin/Sonoma:
Get onto I-580 South, take 35th Ave exit, left at signal, right on Campus Dr, then see map
From Concord/Sacramento/Solano:
Get onto I-680 South to CA-24 to CA-13 South, take Redwood/Carson exit, left onto Redwood at signal, right on Campus Dr, then see map
From Peninsula, SJ, and all points South/East:
Get onto I-580 North, take CA-13 exit, take Carson/Redwood exit, go straight at stop sign, right on Redwood, right on Campus Dr, then see map

Campus map:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigherolike6

Smash Cadet
Hello, Is it still possible to get in for spectating? I am willing to pay a late fee at the front door if that is required.

Top Bottom