• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Niko45

Smash Master
Only NJ can complain about tolls to NYC there are free bridges from BX and Queens to Manhattan. NJ has no option tho they have to pay the GWB or Lincoln Tunnel tolls.

Idk I think NYC would get way more attendence. Public transit is huge and comparable to the gas/toll costs of going to these more remote venues.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
In a place like NYC there is less of a need for cars so obv people in NYC will prob not have cars. Everyone that gives NYC a ride isn't even from NYC, it's always LI. Rare occasions will someone from NYC have a car and give a ride. It's not our fault we live some place that is more densely populated where you don't need a care thanks to **** *** public transit.

The truth is that if we had a secure venue in NYC the turnouts would increase, and that's all that should really matter.Tunes and Saffron are both in Jersey so I don't see No Johns being in NYC being a huge deal.
Maybe some people will get ****ed and not be able to make it but they still have those other tourneys while No Johns will get a better turn out.

Just saying.

Alukard

Smash Hero
1. Alukard
2. G$
3. G$ 1
4. G$ 2
5. G$ 3
6. eggm
7. nando
8. DJN
9. Chops
10. PC jona
11. Otg
12. PC
13. otg 1
14. otg 2
15. otg 3
16. otg 4
17. Mogwai
18. Swift
19. deathknight
20. t webb
21. just sexed
22. Prog
23. sol?
24. ky?

and if i get my own venue in nyc i would host there i'm sry ... but i will get more attendance case closed

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
All this talk about venue's in NYC makes me miss W2Z T________T those were the days...

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
All this talk about venue's in NYC makes me miss W2Z T________T those were the days...
that beast pizza place a few blocks away...
bum slapping the **** outta me while not looking at the tv...
canismash and i going to team and he doesn't show up...
being a fox main...

nah **** that place.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Nah Prog, the good ol' days were when Alex ran it *bias* :) and bubble tea all the time and hanging out with everyone was THE BEST!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Bubble tea is all over the place :3

There's a place in downtown Jersey City, and a whole bunch all over the city :bee:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Only NJ can complain about tolls to NYC there are free bridges from BX and Queens to Manhattan. NJ has no option tho they have to pay the GWB or Lincoln Tunnel tolls.

Idk I think NYC would get way more attendence. Public transit is huge and comparable to the gas/toll costs of going to these more remote venues.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe but, I'm from NJ and I would rather them being in NYC.

That way I just take a simple train over :laugh:

D1

Banned via Administration
First off, the w2z days were actually amazing in terms of local attendance. We wouldn't have to rely on having outta staters come to make our numbers good. Anyone from NYC who decided that it'd be a good idea to just drop by a Melee tourney that day could. As much as you guys may hate our tolls and whatnot...at least I enjoyed not having to race other smashers for a spot in someone's car everytime a No Johns pops up. If I were to wanna take the train/bus/whatever that gets to the venue I run the risk of missing the last bus/train/whatever and then I'd have to be an inconvenience someone and possibly make a 5 man car....a 6 man. Which can end up in the driver getting a ticket which he'd probably not wanna pay anyway.

Regardless of tolls and whatnot, I bet if outta staters really wanted to attend, they would. This is about getting more local attendance. I know so many NYC smashers taht wanna play at a Melee tourney again, but don't...why? Cuz they'll never have a ride there...they're not gonna risk getting stranded out there.

So yeah I think my "b*tching" is warranted.

F*ck the haters.

I'm still coming, but since I have a my 1st Amendment rights I'm gonna talk if I wanna.

Hold that sh**.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I mean honestly sometimes ride is an issue for me. Sometimes it's just life, but I need a car really LOL. I wanna support these so much more :(

Top Bottom