• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
except for tfs cuz we got that tuna practice

and i need a teamate too

ima try to do everything

Alukard

Smash Hero
Brian are you going to enter singles?

HYPE?!?!?!?
werd homie ... the people that been motivating me to enter more are jesus and hazz along with the ol' w2z crew LOL... no one else make me want to play the game serious like the old days ... i hope i dont get ***** by randoms haha we'll see tho ^_^

Soooooo much hypeeeee can't wait been in the hyperbolic time chamber training
werd i feel u on that ... i'm actually hyped for this game again ... so i'm ready!

Who's trying to team...I know I can at least still hold my own in that. The KiD HazZardous Material perhaps? Hazz

Grill I see you lurking, Bayonne coming out? Crazy...its getting intense
homie! now u know i'm winning doubles ... like ... its written in stone on the back of the commandments god gave to moses ...

God-"o and once jman finally teaches alukard a few new tricks and techskill training, god help us all! .... o **** thats me!!!"

quoted from the big man himself LOLOLOL... seriously tho ... i want to win pound 5 doubles and get far in bracket for singles... so i will be out for tips tricks and all that shizz hbk we should chat and play *****!

I'm going to beat you all with my Pichu.
***** ... lets play friendlies ... i want all the help i can get to be ready at pound 5 son ... this ***** is ****ing picking Cf marf and **** in teams and getting 1st ... WTF!

except for tfs cuz we got that tuna practice

and i need a teamate too

ima try to do everything
good **** ...

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Brian you and jesus aren't winning...

Me and Aziz are with the double love

Ask jesus about my kamikaze in teams

he doesn't want it LOOL

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm terrible too but if I do have some extra money I know prog will be wai---

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll miss teaming with prog ): oh and hype. is cactuar bringing anyone?

Alukard

Smash Hero
yooo maddd heads now son! ... slox teezy wheres that list teezy!?

this is getting sooo huge i think we're at about 25-30 people

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Yo brian my dude $mikedizzle is most likely coming too i told him about the no johns

btw u better believe we'll be in finals XD

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yo brian my dude $mikedizzle is most likely coming too i told him about the no johns

btw u better believe we'll be in finals XD
sounds like we are going to have a beast finals !!

Yeah man so Im definitely stepping out 4 this trying to rep Jersey!!!!!
my ***** GRILLZ! <3

also i'm in the midst of trying to get on a deal for a new venue ... i dont know when or where exactly (but i'm aiming for downtown manhattan again) but i'm trying to own my own place! things like this take time but i just couldn't keep that in ... also couldn't do it without all you guys showing up to even little events like no johns <3333

LLDL

Smash Hero
  1. Alukard
  2. G$
  3. DJ Nintendo
  4. T.Webb
  5. Jman
  6. Hax
  7. Eggm
  8. StriCNYN3
  9. Chain-Ace
  10. Nando
  11. CopyCat
  12. HBK
  13. Teczero
  14. VaNz
  15. phish-it
  16. Cactuar
  17. Ranmaru
  18. Ben-Teezee
  19. OTG
  20. SwiftBass
  21. UltimaScout
  22. Mr. F
  23. Deathknight
  24. Shoopman
  25. NJzFinest
  26. Smelly Cat
  27. Niko
  28. Vwins
  29. Kage
  30. +Canada3
  31. Luck-NJ/NYC
  32. Oorah-Kabra
  33. PC Jona
  34. Slox
  35. Nintendude
  36. Dark Hat
  37. crismas
  38. sol
  39. ky
  40. tuna
  41. WarriorKnight
  42. Enzo
  43. Rykard

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ tight that I am not on that list. And teczero isn't going.

DIP.

Still need a teammate. Anyone plox?

Oorah/Grill... is there any way I could hitch a ride from you guys for the ride home (I can take the train there).

@Alu holy crap, good luck with that... wow if you could get a venue in manhattan IT'S DONE!

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I would no longer attend if it's moved to the city. NJ Transit to the city is like $30ish dollars for a 2 way ticket. Not to mention I'd have to wander the city alone to find the place.

otg

Smash Master
Chain-Ace, a few things:

Sol and Ky are probably both going as well as Phish/Twebb. Macman is probably not coming because there is a tourney in Mass the same date (unless I'm wrong here?). Tuna really wants to come too, but he is up in the air as of this point. I woudl still put him on the list tho.

I think a few others from TFS are coming, but until thats confirmed, leave it be.

Hax

Smash Champion
who's down for $10 teams? ($10 each person)

Yes (4) - Hax, Nando, Alukard, Jesus
No (0)

vote

Alukard

Smash Hero

DIP.

Oorah/Grill... is there any way I could hitch a ride from you guys for the ride home (I can take the train there).

@Alu holy crap, good luck with that... wow if you could get a venue in manhattan IT'S DONE!
i'm trying crismas ... also yea chain ace good **** with the list!!!

I would no longer attend if it's moved to the city. NJ Transit to the city is like $30ish dollars for a 2 way ticket. Not to mention I'd have to wander the city alone to find the place.
Chain-Ace, a few things:

Sol and Ky are probably both going as well as Phish/Twebb. Macman is probably not coming because there is a tourney in Mass the same date (unless I'm wrong here?). Tuna really wants to come too, but he is up in the air as of this point. I woudl still put him on the list tho.

I think a few others from TFS are coming, but until thats confirmed, leave it be.
***** u better show up!

who's down for $10 teams? ($10 each person)

Yes (4) - Hax, Nando, Alukard, Jesus
No (0)

vote

i really hope more people towards yes ... seriously one of the reasons why doubles isn't as big as singles is because the pot is always smaller =\

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
add warriorknight and enzo to that list and Im pretty sure D1 is going also.

Id be down for 10$ teams. U can add warriorknight and Dan to that too since WK my partner and they wouldnt care (cuz im paying dans entrance for this) so i speak for all 3 of us :D

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Singles and doubles should always be $10 for locals, especially locals that end up having good turnouts. Some people that play the game really only care about doubles or excel way more in doubles than singles. It sucks for those people because they work their ***** off to win doubles or at least get 2nd and only get like $10 or $20 for their hard work. Sometimes even less than that. Of course there are some people who don't place in the money at tournaments who want events like doubles to be $5. Although if they were placing in the money consistently or at least from time to time, they would probably want the event to be $10. I know times have been rough for people. Some more rough than others, but this coming No Johns is still nine days away. You can most likely gather up $5 more in that time. If not, then oh well. Doubles always used to be $10 since the beginning of time.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
80% of the people dont place in the money

obviously if i was going to win for sure id wanna jack up the price

but its been 5 dollars since like a year and a half ago when i went to my first no johns

if there 40 people playing doubles thats still 400 dollars for the pot

whats the payout? 50, 30 20?

so 200, 120, 80

sounds good to me.

money isnt a problem to me

5 dollars is nothing

but most people dont wanna pay the extra 5

honestly idc

but i know people dont want to

but they dont say anything because they get scared

what happens if you jack it up to 10 then none of the scrubs want to enter?

then your gonna be playing with like 7 teams for 150 bucks

idk w.e

otg

Smash Master
Yeah, besides SWAT, no one gives a **** about teams, and you guys seem to be the only ones who want $10 doubles. Tbh, its a big reason why I don't enter, but w'e.

Truth be told tho, even if doubles was $5 for this, I don't plan on entering, so ignore my opinion.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I actually think that this local in particular should be five for singles and five for doubles. If this game is about money then we are all playing the wrong game.

1st place makes a net gain in regards to travel/food regardless of anything, unless the turnout is hella small.(in which case calls for a smashfest haha). Why make an increase in 1st place's net gain at a local where you generally do not get as much bang for your buck as you would at a Regional.(pools, big names, lots of OOS matchups etc etc.). Furthermore think about the correlation between regionals and nationals. We pay more for those because conceptually we do get more bang for the buck. perfect example: The FC series.

Thats my logic. As you know I dun really care personally about the five vs ten thing. I just like applying logic where there is potential bias.(ie; hax wanting the entry to be ten and marthmaster8889 wanting the entry to be five.)

see y'all next week.

come to CT for my tourney BTW at the end of the month.
HALL OF GAMING 3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291256&page=6

good **** brian with the venue research. manhattan would be tight.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman

DIP.

Well, what exactly is going on lol... is Grill driving? Were you guys just gonna take the train? Also I needs me some practice? If we could get a baby-fest before this that would be a great time to sort out transportation arrangements.

Top Bottom