• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No she really does. He has no options. Shiek players just aren't that good tbh. Amsah ****ed them all up.

You are mixing up player matchups with character ones.

That's like arguing falcon > marth cause m2k sucks vs him. Which is false falcon has no options vs marth. Take TAS characters and pit them vs each other to see the best. You will see marth is always top.

But nobody likes to debate that. They debate players cause nobody is that good but damn, at least tell it straight. Falco players > fox players. Not falco vs fox. Falco is all lasers and when people PS he loses.
falcon beats marth. No marth in the world can beat my falcon the majority of the time, even when im rusty in that MU. I even 4 stocked bobmoney in it at GSG and then half a day later he beat hax in pools. All Falcon has to do is get marth to 30%, then up throw Uair into either more uairs or a dashing regrab based off DI. Around 60-90 you can up throw knee marth

falco beats fox because of super massive long combos. Fox's weight is perfect for get-*****-by-combos. Fox's combos are actually escapable with DI and teching but Falco's are inescapable unless the Falco player messes up (even if Fox's weren't escapable, Falco's combos are still far far better than the vice versa). You act like PS is so easy. You have ONE frame to do it, and it won't always be consistent EVEN IF YOU'RE PERFECT because of how far a laser moves in 1 frame and the varying lengths of range that he can shoot it at (and heights). Not to mention a reflected laser only does half damage. What if falco gets hit by the laser and just rolls away or spot dodges when you try to grab then he shines you (he can do that btw). lol @ TAS argument. Okay so Fox can just down throw any character and 0-999% them then

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
damn ****ting all over amsah mad hard. we'll see. I am a bit more inclined to pull for him to place well at pound(hes going?) now that there is seemingly so much doubt.

Alukard

Smash Hero
falcon beats marth. No marth in the world can beat my falcon the majority of the time, even when im rusty in that MU. I even 4 stocked bobmoney in it at GSG and then half a day later he beat hax in pools. All Falcon has to do is get marth to 30%, then up throw Uair into either more uairs or a dashing regrab based off DI. Around 60-90 you can up throw knee marth

falco beats fox because of super massive long combos. Fox's weight is perfect for get-*****-by-combos. Fox's combos are actually escapable with DI and teching but Falco's are inescapable unless the Falco player messes up (even if Fox's weren't escapable, Falco's combos are still far far better than the vice versa). You act like PS is so easy. You have ONE frame to do it, and it won't always be consistent EVEN IF YOU'RE PERFECT because of how far a laser moves in 1 frame and the varying lengths of range that he can shoot it at (and heights). Not to mention a reflected laser only does half damage. What if falco gets hit by the laser and just rolls away or spot dodges when you try to grab then he shines you (he can do that btw). lol @ TAS argument. Okay so Fox can just down throw any character and 0-999% them then
LMFAOO i totally agree jason

so this is on my birthday

let me team with Jman

and ill come
well i'm trying to team with him all this time but he's been really busy with work school or previous arrangements ... last no johns he wasn't even going to be able to come he got lucky he decided to call off work and reno hadn't left his place yet to swing by and pick up jesus.

damn ****ting all over amsah mad hard. we'll see. I am a bit more inclined to pull for him to place well at pound(hes going?) now that there is seemingly so much doubt.
i dont know who you're referring to when u say that you're going to pull for him, nor do i know why you cheer against tri-state 100% of the time ?! -___-

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
I am pobably going.

Tec - You will have a ride with me if you need it. Can we get some practice up in this before hand like last time?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
thought that was common knowledge but I dont think its so super **** as everyone thinks.

i def think jesus is a lot better than amsah.

but i think amsah is amazing too, watching all of his matches versus players, easily top 10 top 5 again.

double stick teching in clutch situations from sheiks lame recovery. and just smart play and superb spacing.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I am pobably going.

Tec - You will have a ride with me if you need it. Can we get some practice up in this before hand like last time?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

**** =3

EDIT: Oh, yea we can play a few. I have class till around 8pm on Fridays though so it'll have to be late >_<. Though you know we can play all night so iunno, w/e =3

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
thought that was common knowledge but I dont think its so super **** as everyone thinks.

i def think jesus is a lot better than amsah.

but i think amsah is amazing too, watching all of his matches versus players, easily top 10 top 5 again.

double stick teching in clutch situations from sheiks lame recovery. and just smart play and superb spacing.
its not double stick its just hold down and towards the stage and press L.

/back to lurking.

hi everyone xD

i start school on monday =O

Alukard

Smash Hero
Falcon definitely does not **** Marth at all
idk what hax thinks about it but when i saw him playing cactuar

i definitely wasnt thinking falcon ***** marth
i think its even just marth HAS to know how to DI ASAP! or u die LOOLOLOLOL

also falcon better know how to combo ... and marth better kno how to keep throwing cf into **** sitations and traps

otg

Smash Master
i think its even just marth HAS to know how to DI ASAP! or u die LOOLOLOLOL

also falcon better know how to combo ... and marth better kno how to keep throwing cf into **** sitations and traps
I agree with everything stated here. Realistically whoever is better at the matchup will win, tho I think that nowadays most Marth's are better at the matchup then most Falcons;

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so yeah, I went marth against hax this past weekend. my marth does have that much exp but like I played the matchup to the best of my ability and not a single time did i feel that CF was broken in the matcup. just my thoughts and exp

Codi

Smash Ace
Hax isn't as good at it as me

bobmoney beat Hax in pools at GSG, but just 12 hours earlier my falcon 4 stokced his marth. We played the mU a bunch and i got at least two 4 stocks off in like 7 games or so and never lost any iirc
team with me for this and u can use my controller at pound :p

Alukard

Smash Hero
Hax isn't as good at it as me

bobmoney beat Hax in pools at GSG, but just 12 hours earlier my falcon 4 stokced his marth. We played the mU a bunch and i got at least two 4 stocks off in like 7 games or so and never lost any iirc
***** how about u host a fest again and let me and G$ know so we can go to ur place and bust ur **** up

m2k you are way better then Bob$, did you ever take that into consideration?
i was going to post that same thing i even hit multi quote on his post LOLOL but yea its definitely the reason jason ... LOL

I agree with everything stated here. Realistically whoever is better at the matchup will win, tho I think that nowadays most Marth's are better at the matchup then most Falcons;
i mean i guess so ... i think hax isn't that bad at the MU imo i think the WC **** talk got to him cuz they go in! we got this at GENESIS 2 though we going hard

so yeah, I went marth against hax this past weekend. my marth does have that much exp but like I played the matchup to the best of my ability and not a single time did i feel that CF was broken in the matcup. just my thoughts and exp
mayb u was just on point with ur defense ... like i said it IS 50/50 imo

Alukard

Smash Hero
what's the turnout looking for this?

I may try to come if it's looking good and I'd bring some other MD ppl probably
bring em! then this will get big lol ... if we can get this no johns to be big again i can get it to be 5$ venue guys we need to show that we can make good numbers even when its alot so that i can be like see they are willing but it hurts sooo bad .... lets do it guys!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lmao at the DL stuff =3

Anyway does anyone need a teammate?

And if anybody wanna play on Friday I'll hold a minifest right before the tourney. My house is roughly an hr away so not that far.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
If I go I need a teammate cuz sol isn't goin and that's a huge if on my part due to weather

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hey alukard you think you could talk to the owner about getting us a bit more space and a few more tables/chairs? Last time it was pretty cramped and we had more setups than space and I didn't really get all that many friendlies because of it. If he can't thats ok i guess but just ask for us please. :)

Top Bottom