• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Apr 2, 2016] STM LXI (Sacramento, CA)

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Event on 3/20/16

Facebook Event
LOCATION INFORMATION
● Venue @ 2920 Arden Way #1, Sacramento, CA 95825
● The venue offers food and drinks.
● There are several fast food restaurants near the venue.

SCHEDULE
Registration ---------------------- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Melee Singles start ------------- 1:30 p.m.
Melee Doubles start ------------ When singles is over. ~ 4:00 p.m.
PM Singles ----------------------- When doubles is over. ~ 5:00 p.m.

**From now on, I will be taking signups for all events during the 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. registration time. If you're late or plan on showing up later for PM, please contact me (916-716-4830) and sign up over the phone by 1 p.m.. Anyone attempting to enter after 1 p.m. will be charged a $2 late fee and runs the risk of possibly not being allowed to enter.**

ENTRY FEES
*Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 (per team)

*Everyone pays the venue fee, even if you just came for friendlies. First 6 people that bring a full setup & TV, will get $2 off the venue fee.

GAME RULES
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

VENUE RULES
● No outside food or drinks allowed. Yes that means water.
● No chewing gum.
● Please do not throw trash into the recycling, and please make sure any cans or bottles that do go into recycling have been emptied of their contents.
● No vaping, or walking around the store with an unlit cigarette.
● No smoking directly in front of the stores doors. Please walk to the far end of the store to smoke/vape.
● Do not use the display cases as a table to repair controllers
● Do not move tables or block walkways.
● No weapons, pocket knives, box openers of any kind no matter how small, please leave those items outside the store.
● Please bring smaller bills when coming to the store, while normally breaking change isn't an issue, a larger than normal turn out can make me run into a problem where I run out of change.
● Bathroom use, please form a line underneath the restroom sign, do not wait inside the other room while someone is using the bathroom, and please make sure to lock the door when you're using the bathroom.

CONDUCT RULES
● BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
● Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
● Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned.
● You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
● You are responsible for your own controller and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
● Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
● No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
● Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
● DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
● The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
● Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players will be kicked out of the venue.
● Regarding textures and other game hacks): Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
● Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO’s discretion.

Last edited:

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, my venue is unavailable on the 25th. We will not be holding an event this week. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit: We will be holding the event at a new venue. 3443 Gabilan Way, Sacramento, CA 95821

Last edited:

Immanuel Kim

Smash Rookie
Thank You for the speedy reply.
I hope my friend and I can make the tournament.
Actually, I just realized that the tournament date is Sunday. I have church on Sundays so I can't attend the meets. I wish there would be a tournament in the Sacramento region that was on a Saturday.
Anyways, thank you.

Carson

Smash Rookie
Good news! This event will be happening. The new venue is my home. 3443 Gabilan Way, Sacramento, CA 95821. Hope to see you there.
So is the event on the 17th still at Best there is Comics and Games? Also how many people usually show up, does the $10 fee let me play melee AND PM, and is there an age limit? Thanks

SenseiGaming

Smash Rookie
Can you put it on facebook? Your page isn't updated and this website is hard to navigate .-.

Carson

Smash Rookie
Is the event right now at best there is comic and games? I am waiting and wondering if you were just late or something...

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Will the event on the 14th be at Best there Is?
The event will actually be on the weekend of the 20th. I've not yet finalized the date, so hang tight. No, it will not be held at Best There Is any longer. We are moving to Mage's Realm at 2920 Arden Way #1, Sacramento, CA 95825.

Y5Kobe

Smash Rookie
The event will actually be on the weekend of the 20th. I've not yet finalized the date, so hang tight. No, it will not be held at Best There Is any longer. We are moving to Mage's Realm at 2920 Arden Way #1, Sacramento, CA 95825.
Will there be a tournament tomorrow ?

Top Bottom