• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
You know I always come with a setup Rob!
Thanks Josh. Any updates on who's coming in your car? Anthony, Mute?

Me and Coco will be bringing a full set-up
Good **** guys, thanks a ton. I promise this event is going to be worth the multi-hour drive.

Rob, you know I'll always bring a full set-up bro.
Thank you very much. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Put me down for this. I'll bring a setup if you guys need it, no biggie. Flip and KittyMW will be coming up with me.
Please do bring a setup. Can't wait to play you guys!

Well I sound like a broken record... but just wanted to emphasize this again...

EVERY ADDITIONAL SETUP WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I wrote out some tentative pools based on the attendance list and realized this bad boy is gonna be INSANE! Each pool will probably have at least 5-6 people in it, which means each one has to go through a minimum of 10 sets. Every extra setup is crucial in cutting down waiting time. Think of it this way: 10 sets x avg of 10 mins per set = 100 mins of waiting time. An extra TV cuts that in half, saving us 50 minutes per pool. So bring an additional setup and you can save us almost an hour of garbage time!

Moooose

Smash Champion
Thanks Josh. Any updates on who's coming in your car? Anthony, Mute?

Good **** guys, thanks a ton. I promise this event is going to be worth the multi-hour drive.

Thank you very much. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Please do bring a setup. Can't wait to play you guys!

Well I sound like a broken record... but just wanted to emphasize this again...

EVERY ADDITIONAL SETUP WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I wrote out some tentative pools based on the attendance list and realized this bad boy is gonna be INSANE! Each pool will probably have at least 5-6 people in it, which means each one has to go through a minimum of 10 sets. Every extra setup is crucial in cutting down waiting time. Think of it this way: 10 sets x avg of 10 mins per set = 100 mins of waiting time. An extra TV cuts that in half, saving us 50 minutes per pool. So bring an additional setup and you can save us almost an hour of garbage time!
lets put up flyers too

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Good question.

If we finish pools by the scheduled time, everyone will make it out of pools. 3 hours is plenty for us to run up to a 48-man bracket.

If pools go over time, then we'll have to cut down to a 32-man bracket (top 4 make it out of each pool) to ensure that we can leave by 10pm. You guys control your own fate!

Here's the schedule for anyone too lazy to look at the first post:

1:00pm - Friendlies, Melee Teams Registration
2:00pm - Melee Teams Bracket
4:00pm - Crews, Melee Singles Registration

5:00pm - Melee Singles Pools, Smash 64 Singles Registration
7:00pm - Melee Singles Bracket, Smash 64 Singles Bracket
10:00pm - Venue Closes

Kail

Smash Lord
64 won't have the turn out Melee will. It shouldn't be an issue if they are at the same time. If it is chances are people are being stupid and goofing off when they shouldn't be.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, running 64 at the same time as Melee bracket won't have a great effect. Pools are the only fragile part of the tourney, because there are so many sets that need to be played out, and if even one or two are missing then we can't move forward to create the bracket.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
lol at vid but its all good ive been working crazy hard these past couple of weeks to get my **** in gear

Tigger

Smash Apprentice
Melee people are usually really good about getting their pools done. It's brawl that people go to Taco Bell after playing two matches. Unless Lain comes, hahaha.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
4% i wont you let you talk anyone into letting you play falcon k =D ill just be pro and be like no falcon falco/fox kgo

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nice! The Brawlers are rolling in full force. L_Cancel, Coco, TheMann, Hot ArmS, DarkLouis, Roller, Tutu... good **** guys, let's see if anyone can break top 17 this time ;)

Top Bottom