• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Alright, next SWEET will have a death pool featuring Moose, Bigy, Velynn, and any OoSers that attend including (and especially) Kels.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sucks about the drive, Dart, but I've got you covered for free housing again when you guys drop by. For Friday and/or Saturday night.

Kail

Smash Lord
I'll talk to Bigy to see if he's going or if he'd mind housing a few people. It's still about 2 hours from his place but it's along the way at least.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah Bigy's place was a perfect housing location for AA when we traveled to SCSYN3. Even though it's still an hour away from Chicago. Hit him up for housing.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh **** we could have a real regional on our hands if ohio and chicago come strong

i suggest at least considering upping the entry fee, to be honest. i know it would lower local attendance, but it would go a long way toward bringing people from further away

Moooose

Smash Champion
oh **** looks like some solid OOS attendence
also i think bigd has a point, we could up it to like 8 or 10 since it's the "Final event"

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
word of warning, if you pick something like 8, you better bring a lot of singles to give change to people

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I'm a Jimmy John's driver I got that **** on lock ha.

But really - that would kill local attendance. It would be worth it if we can get more people to confirm they will come with a $10 buy in.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Let's be honest Josh, how many people from state did we actually have (that aren't the usual smashers)? I know it's always a possibility but I don't raelly think it will hinder it all that much.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm not against upping the entry fee, but I'm also pretty sure SWEET III would have gotten 10-15 fewer entrants if we had made it $10. I don't know what the situation is like at EL. Last time we didn't have a huge number of local randoms there, so maybe it wouldn't matter as much as it does in AA.

Why don't we charge a venue fee this time and throw it back into the pot as an OoS bonus?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Let's be honest Josh, how many people from state did we actually have (that aren't the usual smashers)? I know it's always a possibility but I don't raelly think it will hinder it all that much.
We didn't have many that weren't regulars. But, my point is along the lines that of the regulars that showed up, I can think of at least half of them that would not pay $10. I can convince friends to come play teams/singles for fun for 5... but no one will pay to lose for 10.
Don't expect Pedro, Anthony(not easy), Matt, Severest, likely Tyler, uh, Hayden, Shane, Mute and a few others to come at all for $10. and I won't enter teams.

We could do more advertising and get more people, I just don't have the time or motivation anymore to do anything other than get my friends that I know play casually to come.
I'm not against upping the entry fee, but I'm also pretty sure SWEET III would have gotten 10-15 fewer entrants if we had made it $10. I don't know what the situation is like at EL. Last time we didn't have a huge number of local randoms there, so maybe it wouldn't matter as much as it does in AA.

Why don't we charge a venue fee this time and throw it back into the pot as an OoS bonus?
That is a really good idea. Encourages bringing setups as well.

Moooose

Smash Champion
first of all that was ****in tight
but i dont think i had a single clip in there except me getting ***** =(

Top Bottom