• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Apr 4, 2015] TigerLAN 28: Smash 4 Singles (Auburn, AL)

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE: TigerLAN will also host several non-Smash tournaments. They are included below for reference purposes, but this thread will focus primarily on the Smash 4 tournament. To inquire about entering other events, please send me an e-mail for more information. Registration for all tournaments will be open on the day of the event.

Table of Contents
I. Tournament Organizers
II. Tournaments
III. Schedule
IV. Location
V. Fees
VI. Payouts
VII. Rule Set

I. Tournament Organizer

Name: C. "Wulfy" Boothe
Email: WulfyB@gmail.com

II. Tournaments

Smash 4 Singles
If there is interest, we may also hold a Smash 4 Doubles Tournament
League of Legends 5v5
TF2 (2v2)
Hearthstone

III. Schedule

Note that the schedule is tentative and subject to change. Will attempt to notify of any major changes ahead of time.

Tentative Schedule:
8:00 Doors open.
9:00 Registration for specific tournaments open.
11:45 Smash 4 Wii U Singles Registration closes.
Noon Smash 4 Wii U Singles Begins
18:00 Smash 4 Wii U Singles Paused for Memorial Tournament/Dinner Break
??:?? Tournament concludes

IV. Location
The Student Center at Auburn University. The rooms for Smash 4 specifically will be announced soon.
Due to the nature of a university association, I am required to limit the number of non-University student/alums.

V. Fees
TL;DR
Venue Fee: $5.00 (Waived for bringing a setup).
Singles: $5.00
Doubles?: $10.00 (5/person)

TigerLAN requires a $5.00 venue fee. This fee permits you to attend TigerLAN for its full 2 day duration and participate in any tournaments (which may have their own entry fees. See website for details.)

Also, you are allowed to bring a sleeping bag for TigerLAN and stay their for any housing issues you may encounter. We understand the dilemma for out of town smashers, and we're able to accommodate a number of overnight guests. Please indicate your interest in this benefit in an e-mail before the event.
Note: PLEASE contact me for direction/housing information/RSVP

Smash 4 Wii U singles will have a $5.00 entry fee. If there is significant interest in Doubles, the entry fee for that tournament will be $10.00 ($5.00 per person). For information on other tournaments, please visit our website at www.AUgamers.org.

VI. Payouts
All Smash 4 Wii U Tournaments:
First: 60%
Second: 30%
Third: 10%

VII. Ruleset
  • Team Attack On
  • 3 Stock, 8 Minute matches
  • Custom moves are NOT allowed. See http://smashboards.com/threads/ceo-2015-will-not-have-customs-legal-2-stock-5-minutes.392722/ for solid reasoning. TigerLAN 29/30 may allow custom moves because more time has passed, etc.
  • Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville,
  • Counter-pick stages: Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd, OMEGA versions
  • Players may choose to "blind pick" a character by having a judge hold onto their pick before their opponent decides.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless both players agree

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
I'm still unsure about allowing them because not everyone has a 3DS and most WiiU versions (since I don't own them) don't have everything unlocked. It seems a bit ridiculous with less than 6 months of the game being out+busy schedules).

I can't personally compete, so if most players want it, I don't mind allowing it. Might make a straw poll.

Boo Breeze

Smash Rookie
i personally think its unfair if some characters have customs and another didnt. if all customs were unlocked i wouldnt mind it. But ill still be there representing for my school. AU!

Top Bottom