• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 5, 2014] KLPI Bi-Weekly Brawl and Project M Tournament (Ruston, LA)

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
Hosted by KLPI, our local radio station, and the three smashers MachoMachoMan, Mr. Fish, and yours truly, we are pleased to present our second bi-weekly tournament!

Date: April 5th, 2014
Schedule:
Registration/Setup: 11am-12:50pm
Tournament: 1pm-8pm
Note: Actual tournament end is subject to change.

Venue:
Louisiana Tech University's Kennel (Below the bookstore)
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria St
Ruston, LA 71272

Note: The bookstore is the Barnes and Noble bookstore that sits relatively on the middle of campus. Alternatively, if you make your way to KLPI (we have a big sign that reads KLPI) there will be someone there that will point you to the venue.

Entry Fee: None
Prizes: None

Sorry! Currently as a campus organization we can't offer an entry fee or prizes. Future bi-weeklies may see the introduction of either a fee and a pot, or prizes from other sources.
Ruleset:
Brawl Rules:
The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
EDIT: Frigate Orpheon has been added to the CP stage list.
EDIT: The LGL has been extended to 50 for all characters except MK.

Project M Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

STREAM IS LIVE!
http://www.twitch.tv/getgoodsmash

Results Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/klpis-get-good-smash-bi-weekly-3.351950/

Last edited:

Machomachoman

Smash Rookie
Setup, registration, and friendliest start at 11 am. Final call for entrants is at 12:50. The tournament will start at 1 pm sharp. If you have any more questions, I'll try to get to them more quickly this time.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Probably want to put that stuff in the OP, but thanks for responding and letting us know.
I'm still down to MM anyone in PM there, 1-10$, and I'm expecting of course that my currently planned MMs with Rodan and Murdok still stand?

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
Help I am bad. Don't know how I missed putting the time. Fix'd

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How many set-ups did you guys have last time around? Were they all CRTs? I know that with the large number of really casual players a college campus will have, there are bound to be players that don't really distinguish between laggy but better looking HDTVs and more responsive but uglier CRTs.

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468
My USB video capture device came in today, and I got it working easily! One of you TOs should set up a twitch account. :)

Machomachoman

Smash Rookie
We had 4 CRT's and one HDTV because we couldn't get one of our CRT's that we had to work and we had quite a few people. If you have a setup, feel more than free to bring it because it would definitely make the tournament go more smoothly.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
We have a full Project M set up with CRT. Can be used for Brawl as well if necessary.
@ Wiggins Wiggins are you still coming to this? You should bring set ups if so... I really kinda don't wanna play on an hdtv. Also how much you wanna bet it's gonna be me and you in PM GFs? lol

Last edited:

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
There shouldn't be any non-CRT TVs used for play . We might have a projector and splitters for major matches, but other than that, we're using Crts (especially because those nice 0-frame HDTVs are out of our price range)

Murdok

Smash Cadet
Our MM still stands....and I can bring a small CRT..my PM is set for the online version and my computer broke, so I cant bring that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Murdok Murdok , go ahead and bring your PM set-up anyways. I'll bring my comp and swap out your codesets before and after the tourney.
What version do you use? hackless or homebrew?

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Anybody bring home an extra silver GC controller by chance? It was sitting on the table nearest the stereo speakers/projection screen that never got used

Top Bottom