• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
btw this tourneys name was a decent idea but its so convoluted and bad, im sorry toasty
LOL it started with a joke in the SoVa thread and then people went to town with the SOVA KING AMAZING thing. I prefer "IT'S SOVA BABY!!!" like I usually do and I'll probably change it, but I was just trying it out XD [jeez you're the first person to give honest negative criticism...everyone else either stays quiet or gives advice on how to enhance the title...thanks :)]

at the end of it all, I blame Israfel for everything haha

CSTICK...flat panel...does that mean: lag??? >_>

Tristan: no problem... forgot to mention. Caboose's SWF tag is royboy850

NC: YAYUHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZ <3<3<3

Caboose: good **** on getting the room reserved. I left Billy a message about getting the Ireland House common room too so we can have two rooms...if ANYTHING we could just make that the friendlies room [if we have enough setups] + food. Meaning: NO food in the tourney room.

EVERYONE: I'll probably be imposing the $5 venue fee...for what??? FOOOOOOD!!!! and drinks :) also, it will go towards the TVs Cstick gets IF they don't lag :)

What should I get:
-Chips/Drinks/Pizza [like I did at the CNU tourney, which I think went really well]

-ORRR!!! LASAGNA FROM GUSTO'S?!?!?!?!

if anyone was at my Epic Madness Vol. 3 Tourney back in the day, you'll remember the epic lasagna and salad from Gusto's :)

so what should I get?!?!?

PLEASE give me input!

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate your effort at least Toasty. But i'll not take your blame sitting down, so MM? My peach, your something/marth ditto/fox ditto or stuff like that sounds good. >:D

And i vote lasagna. It'd be awesome to have hearty food at a tournament.

CStick

Smash Lord
TOAAAAAAAAAAAAASTYYYY:

they're generic normal flatscreens. You know, like my big-as-crap Spartan TV, but smaller. I seriously doubt they're HD, so lag shouldn't be a problem.

YOU HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT TO TELL ME IF YOU WANT THEM SO I CAN GET THEM :p

rhan

Smash Hero
SoVA is amazing.

I'm bringing

2 T.V's
Cube/Wii
1 Disc
VCR
Power Strips

Let's get do this! HYPE!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Ill go if Gmoney aka scrapecity drives me
*head a'splode*
marth ditto
We could do this like we always do XD
YOU HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT TO TELL ME IF YOU WANT THEM SO I CAN GET THEM :p
or right now...................yeah, get them. If they're anything like your lovely spartan TV then we're in good shape [TWO of them??? tiiight]. I'll pay you with venue money.

to those bringing setups: I ****ing love you.

My little b;tch *** TV has been messing up [screen getting warped randomly] so it can't be used for tournament, but it'll be in the friendlies area :)

I'll get a list together later on about what setups we have/still need.

Also, I'm debating cutting the live feed, because I'd love for the commentary to be included in the recordings...but that's not entirely necessary, that's just my preference. What do you think?

edit@ ISRAAA: thanks for the vote...from talking to others off the boards: Lasagna seems to be winning so far =D

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I can bring 2 tvs.
A wii w/o sensor, but I have a lighter
A copy of melee
Lost my memory card at last tourny.
Oh and I say no live feed thingy just because i feel its extra hassle for nothing.

toasty

Smash Hero
So far:

TVs - 11!!! (and a few more, not confirmed yet)

1 - toasty [I have an extra that can be used for friendlies but it's glitchy and thus can't be used for tourney]
3(!!!!!!!!!!) - Tristan
2 - Rhan
2 - Malco
2 - Cstick
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Cubes/Wiis - 14

3 - toasty (thanks Kits =D)
3 - Tristan
2 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Melee discs - 12

2 - toasty
3 - Tristan
1 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Recording Setups - MUTHAFUKKIN FIVE SON!!!

toasty
OMG H4X
Malco
Riku
Rhan

KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!!! WE NEED MORE TVs AND MELEE DISCS!!!

Memory cards are NOT an issue, even if they're more convenient, we can always do without them since we've got extras :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Someone should pick me up in DC after I take the Chinatown bus.
wtf, just take the chinatown bus from NY to SOVA [type in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, or Newport News. All three of those are fine and they all leave from pretty much the same place [I think 86 Chrystie St.] but they get here at midnight-ish. Lemme know who else is coming with you and which stop you choose and I can find you housing as well as someone to pick you up :)

Foxy

Smash Master
wow, i want to try to go to this SO badly with some NC folks... i'll see what i can do.

if i'm able to come then i can bring probably 3 full setups and a recording station.

hooooooope

it really all depends on how far it is from raleigh... i've gone to DC many times and this is closer but it depends how much closer.

toasty

Smash Hero
it takes me 2.5 - 3 hours to get to Raleigh from Norfolk.

It's ridiculously easy. Some of the NC boys are already going :) Get an epic NC caravan together!

PS: I want revenge for our tourney matches in NC...yeah I know I won but I don't feel like I deserved it at all so now I gotta wreck yo faaace boyyy

OH and bring GofG so I can take his money =D

rhan

Smash Hero
wow, i want to try to go to this SO badly with some NC folks... i'll see what i can do.

if i'm able to come then i can bring probably 3 full setups and a recording station.

hooooooope

it really all depends on how far it is from raleigh... i've gone to DC many times and this is closer but it depends how much closer.
Dude come. Bring ALL of NC!

Or at least Dark Hart, PP, and Lozr along with you.

HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPEEEEE! The 25th seems so far..... :(

EarthP0w3R

Smash Rookie
Broseph whats good toasty. got ur email..

Im down as far as i know and i gots a set-up (tv, cube, melee)

might be able to bring some more set-ups, but 1 confirmed for now.

I'll keep in touch bro

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Let me just say that Florida is awesome, and I got second at a nice size SF4 tourney solo Viper. This past weekend went to a massive rave in Miami, and managed to get laid by two puerto rican chicks at once in the back seat of my car. Just got my MacBook Pro from school and it pwns nubs ftw. that is all.

toasty

Smash Hero
*sigh* alright, you too! but no more...calling them that.

LOL I'd love for GofG to come to this with Foxy..he's another Ness player [kid from NC] and he loves to point the times he's beaten me [except in a MM, though I don't care...I mean he's just a kid XD] but honestly it'll be the first time I've been to an event with that many people proficient enough with that character.

HAB: what's the status on your chinatown bus trip??? check out www.ivymedia.com sonnnn =D

toasty

Smash Hero
this sounds amaazing =D

so far we've got 55 people confirmed...waiting on about 25 more.

also working on booking a second venue that's like 30 feet away from the current one so people won't be cramped and such :)

but for real Jank, I've only met you briefly [Critical Hit 3] but I never got to play you in either game, so that'd be tight if you came through =D!

toasty

Smash Hero
word @ CStick

lol Rhan, good **** XD

gahhhhh I'm sooo psyched for thissss ^_^

let's just hope I can get that second room ;____;

edit: MaSHi...I'm waiting to hear back from someone about teaming...I'll know in a couple days. If I don't have a teammate, do you wanna team?

Met

Smash Ace
this sounds amaazing =D

so far we've got 55 people confirmed...waiting on about 25 more.

also working on booking a second venue that's like 30 feet away from the current one so people won't be cramped and such :)

but for real Jank, I've only met you briefly [Critical Hit 3] but I never got to play you in either game, so that'd be tight if you came through =D!
i will try and come down chillin said he would come if i drive down there since i live a minute away from him. But thats if i get my car soon if not there is no way i could make it. But i will try and rep my area of sova baby. oh i stoped playing brawl so its gonna have to be melee. MM?

Top Bottom