• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[April 5, 2014] Game Gallery Presents. S.L.Y.M.I. 4- Battle for PA

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
no venue fee? awesome? is there a cash prize?

if not, still cool, will definitely go this summer.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
how much?

and is giving some of it to my friends allowed? like if i win (probably won't but just saying) and my friend doesn't, is it ok for me to give some to him?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
The prize pot depends on how many Ppl enter. Top 3 get paid. If you win you can do whatever you want your money. Something you cant do is say hey if you let me win I'll give you money. Another thing is you and 2nd place can't split the prize. If that were to happen you wouldnt get any money. It's called collusion

Last edited:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I had no idea, thought that was just an mlg thing. Not complaining though, finals used to suck because everyone used to split, especially around here since we're all in the same crew

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
My rule: What I don't know, doesn't hurt me.

2 things:

1.) If you split, I don't want to know about it.
2.) I REALLY don't care as long as you play your sets out...legit.

However....we don't have too many situations where friends wind up in Grand Finals. Even if they do....people like Kite and Lazy enjoy playing each other to win.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
That being said...I'm pretty darn observant. So yeah...be legit about it. I at least know for PM, no matter what, GFs will be played out. Easton loves to compete with itself, lol. =P

Melee...well, it depends on who shows. I've only ever seen a situation where a split could happen when it was Stroudsburg...and they played it out like champs.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
could i enter the pm and melee tournaments? I got into pm recently, and it's pretty much melee with a few new things, so it's easy for me because im a heavy melee player.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So I'm going to narrow some of the times down so we can handle this a bit more efficiently, and people can plan accordingly.

Project M teams will be starting at 1-1:30PM
Melee teams will be starting at 2PM

Singles for both games will start within a half an hour of each other.
Expect the start time to be about 4:30PM

We're working on having two recording setups going on. (Possibly 2 streaming setups, we'll see.) This way we can get singles matches, but stream some of the more salty stuff between teams and singles. (MMs, call outs, etc.)

I can't stress this enough...you guys HAVE to be on point with your matches and for god sakes if you're disappearing don't make it for forever. I don't want to hear 10 minutes, and it turn in to 20-30. I'll update the times in the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom