• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arceus, The God Pokemon for Brawl

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Through the power of Arceus, this 5 month old thread has been resurrected..

You non believers really need to get Arceus in your lives. Arceus is coming to Smash, but before he comes all the characters who truly believe in him will be called up to Heaven. That's why not all characters will be returning. All of the remaining characters will have to face Arceus's Judgment.

:034:

Smash Hero
Through the power of Arceus, this 5 month old thread has been resurrected..

You non believers really need to get Arceus in your lives. Arceus is coming to Smash, but before he comes all the characters who truly believe in him will be called up to Heaven. That's why not all characters will be returning. All of the remaining characters will have to face Arceus's Judgment.
Another believer! Welcome to the group.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'd unveil such an important Pokemon (Creation Poke, after all) with Smash, is all. Sure, it'd be great for publicity but one would imagine Game Freak would want to reveal him with something more important to the Pokemon franchise as a whole than HAL's Smash franchise.

Don't get me wrong: Arceus as a Pokeball would be sweet, imo. And even though I can't ever see it ever happening, he would make a beyond cool playable character, too.

I just think it's way more likely they intend to reveal Arceus to the general Japanese public the same way they revealed Darkrai and plan to reveal Shaymin next year: with the movies.

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
I can imagine him as an amazingly powerful and rare Pokeball.

But as a playable Pokemon? I don't think so. There are better candidates and I'm guessing only one slot left. Sorry.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mewtwo used to be the strongest, now Arceus is. Especially since Bug Arceus OHKOs Mewtwo every time.

Smash Hero
I can imagine him as an amazingly powerful and rare Pokeball.

But as a playable Pokemon? I don't think so. There are better candidates and I'm guessing only one slot left. Sorry.
I believe Sakurai can have as many Pokémon in as he wishes. If he wants another Pokémon, there will be another Pokémon character.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Arceus doesn't exist (yet) so he wouldn't be able to be in. And this isn't a roy relationship because Arceus isn't suppose to be known for a long while.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Once he/she/it/the asexual Pokemon can be caught legit in A Pokemon game, he doesn't exist yet!

atheist

Smash Apprentice
what on earth is a "lucario" ?
I mean, I know pokemon from Mising# to 251 perfectly, with the third generation i began to lose interest, and now they come with these bizzare, Time-manipulating/Universe-making/Spirit-crafting pokemon that just make less sense than hitmonchan punching at "the speed of light" (pokedex).
Just throw Raichu in the game, there you have a well known pokemon that's not a fkin Quad.
funny as hell,and completly true

go pablo!!!

He has basically no chance as a playable character though. Especially because he's an event pokemon that you cant get in the game.
That really has nothing to do with it. Deoxys easily could have been a playable character. Arceus has no chance simply because he isn't bipedal. Ivysaur got away with it because he has vines to grab opponents with.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Arceus pokeball = instant KO for your opponents.

PC? He'd probably be overpowered. :p
(I mean, he is feckin' God after all)
But ya never know.

Smash Hero
Arceus doesn't exist (yet) so he wouldn't be able to be in. And this isn't a roy relationship because Arceus isn't suppose to be known for a long while.
How do you know? Perhaps Nintendo will officially reveal him tomorrow. Maybe next week. Or maybe it'll be in two years. Who knows?

And technically, it's not a Roy thing since the game with him in it is already out.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Arceus pokeball = instant KO for your opponents.

PC? He'd probably be overpowered. :p
(I mean, he is feckin' God after all)
But ya never know.
Mario stomps on people and they die...you and your Arceus is overpowered MY ***!

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
Hehehe...
A while ago in another page, you said Motaro was a 4-legged playable character in Mortal Kombat.
You really fail, since he was never playable up to Armaggedon, in which he walked in two legs....
FAIL!!

killbeast301

Smash Lord
If Arceus is the "God" of the Pokemon, what's Mew then? (Sorry, never played D/P)
Arceus created Dialga which created time, and Palkia which created space. Then it created The legendary trio of D/P, who collectively created matter and the human race (i think, not sure about the trio). A few other legendaries were created, and then mew, a generic, powerful pokemon. From mew, every other pokemon we know today (except porygon) was born. Mew is just the pokemon from which most others were formed, it's not god but close to it.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Arceus and Mew are contradictory. While all Pokemon are Mew's supposed descendants, Arceus created the entire planet, and the Pokemon in it. *CONTRADICTION*

Smash Hero
Arceus and Mew are contradictory. While all Pokemon are Mew's supposed descendants, Arceus created the entire planet, and the Pokemon in it. *CONTRADICTION*
Arceus didn't create the Pokémon on it. He created the universe and the world, then created Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. Then he went to sleep and let his minions do the job. Mew wasn't mentioned, but I think it makes sense that Arceus created it so it would create all the Pokémon.

Because why would you do everything yourself if you can have a good night's sleep as well?

Top Bottom