• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Archive: Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Warning: These theories take on a purely Watsonian viewpoint.​

[collapse=War of the Ikana]
The War of Ikana

I shall take my bow by opening my heart and revealing my wisdom...
-Garo Robe

The Kingdom of Ikana was at war. The noble Garo warriors from Stone Tower Temple challenged the the rule of the king, Igos du Ikana. The Garo Masters saw Ikana as an unfit ruler, and chose to remove him. Ikana's most trusted general, Keeta, led his army of Stalfos Knights into battle against the Garo. The war continued for years, and it eventually became clear that Ikana was losing the war.

Keeta was running out of soldiers. With no other options, he turned to the children of the Kingdom. Child soldiers known as Stalchildren were used in the war, but they were not enough. Ikana sent Stalfos Knights and Stalchildren to travel through the forest to the south to Hyrule to ask for assistance. However, while they were in the forest, the Stalfos Knights were ambushed by Garo and completely wiped out. Some Stalchildren managed to escape, but they were quickly cut down in the fields on the way to the castle town. The Garo cursed the forest, which was the only road between Ikana and Hyrule, and made it so that anyone who tried to travel through the forest would lose their way and die. The forest would later be known as the Lost Woods.

The war in the Kingdom of Ikana never ended, and the entire kingdom was cursed so that the dead would rise from their graves and haunt the land. The Stalfos Knights and the Garo both died out, but their undead spirits still fight to this day.

The fallen Stalfos Knights refused to give up, even in death. Although the woods were now cursed, they were originally part of the holy Kokiri Forest, and the Knights were reborn as fairies. The fairies went to the Kokiri people and made a pact. The fairies would protect the Kokiri from the Garo's curse, and the Kokiri would promise to one day free Ikana Canyon from the curse that now plagued it.

Eventually, Link, a Hylian boy raised by the Kokiri, would travel to Ikana Canyon and defeat the Garo Master at Stone Tower Temple. He would destroy Twinmold, the temple's guardian, and break the curse on the Kingdom of Ikana once and for all.

Belief or disbelief rests with you.

-Garo Robe

The Gorman Brothers and "Them"

Gorman Brothers / Horse trainers. Suspicious...
-Bomber's Notebook
Here is a quote from the Gorman Brothers.

Seems some monstrous Garos appeared at Romani Ranch yesterday. And I heard the wagon carrying their milk was attacked. I tell you, that's a dangerous place... Seems like we're the only ones who have any milk left. Hyuh, hyuh.

Interesting. It was clearly aliens (hereon referred to as "Them", as Romani called them) that attacked the ranch, was it not? Why do the Gorman Brothers think it was Garos? They look nothing like Garos. Further case in point: How do the Gorman Brothers know what Garos are?

One must take note of this fact: The Gorman Brothers have the Garo's Mask. Think back to what the Garos say when they appear as you wear the Garo's Mask.

Master, you called! ...!! What are you!?

From this we can conclude that the Garo's Mask is used by Garo Masters to call upon their warriors. When the warriors realize, however, that Link is not a Master, they attack him.

Now let's put the facts together. The Gorman Brothers' message implies something. Their message is obviously meant to taunt Romani Ranch, showing that they attacked the milk wagon. However, they also note the invasion by "Them". This implies that the Gorman Brothers were also responsible for "Them" attacking. Another important note? They said that "They" were Garos, likely in disguise.

The Gorman Brothers both own Garo's Masks, as we know from their attack on the milk wagon. This means that they can summon the Garos. But the Garos immediately recognize Link for what he is while wearing the mask, so why not the Gorman Brothers? Why are the Gorman Brothers able to control the Garos?

Could it be perhaps that they truly are the Masters?

The Gorman Brothers are descended from the Garo.

Heh, heh...Much obliged. From here on out the milk business will be ours!

-The Gorman Brothers
[/collapse]

[collapse=The Deku Butler's Son]
The Deku Butler's Son

Actually, when I see you, I am reminded of my son who left home long ago... Somehow, I feel as if I am once again racing with my son...
-Deku Butler

This is a fairly common theory. I’m aware. However, I figured I could look into it and piece together a few things. Maybe I found something new, even though I’m worried someone else may have found this.

At the very beginning of Majora’s Mask after you’re cursed into the form of a Deku Scrub, you come across a strange, twisted tree. The tree resembles a living form, however there’s no way to be sure. Upon examining the tree, Tatl remarks that the tree actually looks sad.

Some time passes, and later in the game you find yourself at the Deku Palace. You meet the Deku Butler, and you can see that he looks remarkably similar to the tree you found earlier. Upon finishing a race with him, he says that you remind him of his son who left home long ago.

In the game’s credits, you see the twisted tree again; this time the Deku Butler is there mourning the tree. This confirms beyond any shadow of a doubt that the twisted tree is the butler’s son.

However, let’s stop and think for a moment. Both the Goron Mask and Zora Mask turn you into the form of someone who died. Furthermore, when you play the Elegy of Emptiness, the statues that appear are clearly of Darmani and Mikau respectively. Looking at the Deku Mask’s statue, there are similarities between it and the twisted tree.

Skull Kid curses you with your Deku form in the same place you find the twisted tree, and curse causes you to take on the form of a deceased. So how did the Deku Butler’s son die? Perhaps the Skull Kid needed a form for the curse, and a poor Deku boy happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Recall Tatl’s examination of the twisted tree, and then take another look at the face of the Deku Mask.

It looks all dark and gloomy... almost like it could start crying any second now... How sad...

-Tatl
[/collapse]

[collapse=The Kokiri in Twilight Princess]
The Kokiri in Twilight Princess

The Great Deku Tree said that if a Kokiri leaves the woods, he or she will die!
-Kokiri Boy

We know that between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, the Kokiri have evolved into a new species called the Korok. We can assume that this is the case because they still have the Great Deku Tree, and Fado, a Kokiri, seems to be Makar’s ancestor.

Now, we can also say that Twilight Princess and Wind Waker stand on opposite sides of the ‘split timeline’, because Ganondorf is killed (not sealed, killed) in both games. So if the Kokiri evolved into the Korok in Wind Waker, what happened to them in Twilight Princess?

First, let’s look at the Ordon Province. If you look at the Gamecube version map for Twilight Princess, you’ll notice that if you rotate it approximately 90 degrees counter-clockwise, a lot of things match up with with Ocarina of Time, most notably Lake Hylia and Death Mountain. Now, some things don’t match up, such as Zora’s Domain (a completely different location) and the Gerudo Desert (to the south). However, the Zoras could have easily moved their domain, and the Gerudo Desert is implied to be very big, so it could stretch to the south where it is in Twilight Princess. With this in mind, things that wouldn’t move, such as an active volcano and a vast lake are where they’re supposed to be.

Now, with this in mind, take a look at where Kokiri Forest was. This is where the Ordon Province is. You may also notice that Ordon Village bears some geographical similarities to the Kokiri Forest. With this we can assume that they are the same place, and that the forest was cut down to make Ordon Village.

Now what happened to the Kokiri? You may notice that the Forest Temple is covered in the Kokiri symbol. Perhaps they fled here when the forest was destroyed? But surely they didn’t die out? Perhaps, like in the other side of the timeline, they evolved? So what did they evolve into? What’s the only other species in the forest?

The monkeys.

All the monkeys live in the Forest Temple. They appear to know their way around the temple, and there’s even that one spot near the Boss Door that seems to be built specifically for them. If you look at the female monkey pictured above, she also seems to have what looks like the Kokiri symbol on her shoulder.

When the forest was cleared and the Great Deku Tree was lost, they were scared. They couldn’t leave the forest, and they couldn’t stay in the forest, so all they could do was retreat to the Forest Temple where they slowly changed their form into something more suiting of the environment.

And my ancestors are most satisfied.
-Makar
[/collapse]

[collapse=The "Hero's Shade" of the Great Sea]
The “Hero’s Shade” of The Great Sea

At last, the skills I have to teach you have entered the realm of true secrecy. They are forgotten ways that do not leave our bloodline.
-The Hero’s Shade

The Hero’s Shade was a mysterious ghost who appeared before Link in Twilight Princess. He taught Link seven skills before passing on to the afterlife. The Hero’s Shade notably calls Link “my son”, implying that they are of the same bloodline. This is further supported by the quote shown above. Link in Twilight Princess is additionally implied to be a descendent of the Hero of Time.

In The Wind Waker, we know that the new Link is not a descendent of the Hero of Time. He is, rather, a new hero who started an adventure by accident. In this way, we know that Link of the Wind Waker should not have the attacks that The Hero’s Shade teaches Twilight Princess Link.

However, when you parry in the Wind Waker, pay close attention to what Link does. His parries are the same as the Back Slice and the Helm Splitter that The Hero’s Shade teaches Twilight Princess Link. But Wind Waker Link is not descended from the Hero of Time, so this can’t have been passed down in his family. But let’s think: where did Link learn the sword?

Orca.

Orca was the one that taught Link to use the sword. Yet if the Back Slice and Helm Splitter are truly only fighting moves that descendents of the Hero of Time know, how could Orca teach them to Link? There is only one explanation: Orca himself shares blood with the Hero of Time.

Of course, we can also look at this another way.

What if Orca wasn't a "brother" or "cousin" of the Hero of Time? What if The Hero's Shade (and thus, Link in Twilight Princess) wasn't descended from the Hero of Time as we often assume? What if The Hero's Shade was just a soldier who was renowned for his great skill? Then, in this case, Orca would be a descendant of a great soldier of the Hylian Knights.

Either way, this theory comes to one consistent conclusion: Orca is ******.

You have learned all I have to teach, Master Link!

-Orca[/collapse]

[collapse=Link's Terminan Counterpart = Kafei?]
Link's Terminan Counterpart = Kafei?
By: Spire III

We've been led to believe that not all characters from Hyrule have Terminan counterparts, but I'd argue against that. Malon and Navi had two counterparts each, so that immediately breaks the "1=1" rule that most abide by. Zelda obviously has no physical presence in Termina, but Tael calls out to the "Goddess of Time" early on in the game, which I believe is Zelda's Terminan counterpart. Yes, theories have suggested that Nayru is the supposed Goddess of Time, but she is canonically associated only with the element of Wisdom. Zelda, while the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom, awakens as the Sage of Time - the leader of the six other sages. Metaphorically speaking, in OoT, the Goddess of Time took the form of a young girl named Zelda. It was her prophetic doing that led young Link on his quest to save Hyrule using the Ocarina of Time and the various songs that she (as Sheik) taught him. She was highly instrumental in the manipulation of time that Link so often took part in to defeat Ganondorf and save Hyrule. In MM, Zelda was absent, but time was not. The Goddess of Time accompanied Link the entire time in essence, and with the Ocarina of Time still he was able to bend and warp time in order to defeat Majora and save Termina. The land of Termina itself is a dreamlike abstraction of Hyrule itself - the sort of Wizard of Oz syndrome - so its no wonder that Zelda's "counterpart" would not be a living being, but rather her entire purpose, her spirit magnified to an incomprehensible scale; one synonymous with "the force", that binds and penetrates everything. After all, Majora's Mask was still a Legend of Zelda game minus Zelda.

So, how does Kafei figure in? Well, I hope you understand now why I believe Zelda to have been present in Termina. That leaves Link and Ganondorf without counterparts. Kafei is easily the most similar Termnian to Link bar none. They are the same height, have similar bodily and facial structures, and aside from hair color, style, eye color and clothing, could would look absolutely identical. Though, yellow and purple are opposite colors, which happen to be the colors of Link and Kafei's hair respectively. Both wear tunics reflective of the common styles found in their worlds; Link's a simple green tunic of the Kokiri culture that fits in with the very basic fashion that Hyruleans sport; Kafei's a multicolored (predominantly purple) piece most obviously reflective of the widespread patterns and markings found throughout Termina from the walls of Clocktown to the huts in the Great Bay to the tombs beneath Ikana Grave. On top of that, aside from the souls of the Deku Butler's son, Darmani, and Mikau, Kafei is the only real playable character in MM, and at the time, was the first that was not Link. Furthermore, Kafei suffers from an age-related dilemma just as Link did during the events of OoT. Link was a young boy, but because of a threat (Ganondorf) against Hyrule, was forced to live the life of an adult. Kafei was an adult who now (oppositely - a rule of Termina) because of Termina's threat (Skull Kid/Majora's Mask) must live his life as a child.

As for Ganondorf, Majora's Mask is definitely not his counterpart. If it has one, it's the Fused Shadow. Period. Ganondorf's would not-so-but-should-be-obvious: The Moon. What threatened Hyrule? Ganondorf. What threatened Termina? The Moon; not Majora's Mask. Skull Kid + MM was seen as a pest and shewed away by everyone. While the duo had the power to seal the Giants away in demonic masks, they depended on The Moon to destroy Termina. It is also revealed that The Moon had a personality, even saying, "I will consume... everything," a trait not different from Ganondorf's take on Hyrule's design. Both Ganondorf and The Moon come from outside the mainland; the Gerudo King from the desert and The Moon from the sky. I admit, this one is a stretch and I've only typed it to fortify my theories that both Zelda and Link have counterparts (because if they do, then Ganondorf must in some way, shape, or form). So that's my two cents.

And if none of that convinced you, Link and Kafei have really similar boots. Gotcha![/collapse]

[collapse=Who is Navi?]
Who is Navi?

... and where did she really go?
By: Spire III

Let's start with the ending of Ocarina of Time. As pictured above - and as many of you know - Navi leaves Link to fly into the window perched in the backmost wall of the Temple of Time. But how can she fly into this window and seemingly disappear from Hyrule altogether? Surely Link could find her simply by walking outside and looking into the air. But he doesn't and he can't. Navi is gone. Link does end up looking for her though, but searches in the Lost Woods which leads to his encounter with Skull Kid, Majora's Mask, Tatl and Tael, and his venture into the parallel world of Termina. Following the conclusion of Majora's Mask, we have no idea what happened to Link. But Navi is another story.

Let's leap ahead a century or so. Link is reborn prior to save Hyrule once again during the events of Twilight Princess. Late in his adventure, he is led by Skull Kid to the ruins of the Temple of Time located deep in the Lost Woods/Sacred Grove. By striking the pedestal of time, one of the guardian statues outside of the entrance door to the temple disappears and he is able to step into the temple in the past. By striking the pedestal once again, a magical staircase arises and Link walks up it into the backmost window. Through this window, Link is able to enter the hidden expanse of the Temple of Time and in the backmost room, he finds the Dominion Rod.

History behind the Dominion Rod: "Back when the sky beings known as the Oocca still maintained contact with the Royal Family of Hyrule, the Oocca handed down a mysterious rod known as the Dominion Rod. This rod was only to be carried by one known as the messenger to the heavens, and it would be used by the messenger whenever the Royal Family needed to communicate with the Oocca. Along with the rod of the heavens, the sky beings left the Ancient Sky Book with the Sheikah, which was to be given specifically to the heavenly messenger."

Now this may be a long shot, but there are similarities between the Dominion Rod and Navi. Firstly, they are both winged and are blue. Secondly, they both have historical ties to Hyrule; those ties may be one in the same. The Dominion Rod is stored deeper in the Temple of Time than even the Master Sword. The temple and sword are a sacred lock and key created by an ancient species, perhaps predating or coexisting with the Oocca, if not the avian species themselves. They guardian statues in the temple may reflect the look of the people who created it, if they aren't based on creatures from the Oocca's mythology. Regardless, the Dominion Rod is secured deep within the temple of time in an almost timeless part of it.

There is a reason why Link (OoT) never ventured deeper into the Temple of Time - because there was no reason to. He had the Dominion Rod with him the whole time: Navi. The Dominion Rod took the form of a unique blue fairy to accompany a Hylian boy who would otherwise never receive a fairy because he was not Kokiri. It lines up perfectly - a godly tool assists the hero chosen by the gods to draw the sword of evil's bane to banish the rising threat to save Hyrule. A century or so later, the new Link finds Navi once again by traveling to the past and bringing her to the present so that she can fulfill her purpose and connect Hyrule with the Heavens once again.[/collapse]

[collapse=Hyrule Castle Rebuilt on Lake Hylia]
Hyrule Castle Rebuilt in Lake Hylia
By: Spire IV

First of all, this simply always bothered me until last night. I could never figure out why Nintendo chose to relocate Hyrule Castle in WW to a body of water. I realized that Ganon destroyed the first Hyrule Castle and in turn, upon being defeated by Link, he destroyed his tower. So that whole region was royally screwed up. Though in WW, we see that Hyrule Castle has been rebuilt and now serves a double-role as both castle and house of the Master Sword, which the Temple of Time did previously. It's quite simple though -- Hyrule Castle was built on an island in Lake Hylia. To further corroborate this, look at those little ruined stone columns. Those were in OoT as well, and in TP, we see that they were completed and formed the great bridge over Hylia. Remember, split-timeline. In WW, the bridge was never completed, but it was in TP.[/collapse]​

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hooray! A thread about the most interesting part of the Zeldaverse finally emerges. Thank you Darkurai :)

I'll get back to you asap with a proper response.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This would mean that Termina is indeed inside the Lost woods, right? Well the entrance at least.

I remember saying something which assumed that Lost Woods lead to Termina a while back and it got shot down. I don't remember why though.

I'd love for this to be true though. I'm not sure about the fairies being dead stalfos. It kinda makes it sound like all this time the Kokiri were secretly using Link. This I'm not entirely sure about, but I looovvveeeee the idea that all along while you were playing OoT, and entire world was at the end of one of those tunnels in the lost woods that you never realized lead somewhere.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This would mean that Termina is indeed inside the Lost woods, right? Well the entrance at least.

I remember saying something which assumed that Lost Woods lead to Termina a while back and it got shot down. I don't remember why though.

I'd love for this to be true though. I'm not sure about the fairies being dead stalfos. It kinda makes it sound like all this time the Kokiri were secretly using Link. This I'm not entirely sure about, but I looovvveeeee the idea that all along while you were playing OoT, and entire world was at the end of one of those tunnels in the lost woods that you never realized lead somewhere.
You bring up a very, very interesting point.

Perhaps the Lost Woods is in fact the main hub for all life in the Zeldaverse? What if it leads to countless worlds, with Hyrule simply being another; nothing special. Termina is one, Holodrum and Labrynna might be others. The Lost Woods is a web of channels to these many worlds.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm not sure about the fairies being dead stalfos. It kinda makes it sound like all this time the Kokiri were secretly using Link.
The fairies part I made as an afterthought to explain why they would protect from the curse, honestly. I'm not too sure about it myself, but the more I think of it, the more I like a 'dark side' to it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Perhaps those little *******s even went as a far as to tell Ganondorf he can take the Deku Tree if he spares Link.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Perhaps those little *******s even went as a far as to tell Ganondorf he can take the Deku Tree if he spares Link.
Well, I don't see the fairies as knowing that Link specifically would break the curse. Considering none of the Kokiri Forest fairies are with him at the time, one could say it was even an accident.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, I don't see the fairies as knowing that Link specifically would break the curse. Considering none of the Kokiri Forest fairies are with him at the time, one could say it was even an accident.
lol I was only half-serious. I happen to find the Kokiri quite irritating for some reason, and I guess subconsciously I just wanted a reason to hate them.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
It is an interesting idea but, how do you explain the stalfos and stalchildren walking around?
You shouldn't refer to the soldiers as Stalfos/children because Stalfos/children are zombies not the actual soldiers while they were alive.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Wow! I have always wondered about the Garos and the Ikana. I will have to do more refreshing on that part of the game to have meaningful input the discussion, though.

Weird. It looks like one of your works.

What about gibdos? One thing that I loved about Ikana was the Gibdos. Are they just dead people, or did they have a purpose in the grand scheme?
Well, I was going to say that they were a product of the curse in Darkurai's theory, but then I remembered that there was also one in Pamela's house who turned out to be her dad, cursed by the Gibdos. The lack of Spring Water had caused the "Farewell to Gibdos" song to stop working, so the man was cursed while trying to study the Gibdos.

So, basically, we can assume the spring water curse-thing is a product of the Garo's curse?

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that is wierd is the old man who watches over Ikana. Why is he there? Why does he know about the mini bosses link killed and why does he watch over the poe sisters? I think he might be a garo but olny because he covers his face like they do. He could be a garo general because he is wearing a purple cloak like the other elite(forgot their actual name) garos.

Scott!

Smash Lord

Perhaps the Lost Woods is in fact the main hub for all life in the Zeldaverse? What if it leads to countless worlds, with Hyrule simply being another; nothing special. Termina is one, Holodrum and Labrynna might be others. The Lost Woods is a web of channels to these many worlds.
Narnia much? That sounds exactly like the Wood Between the Worlds mentioned in The Magician's Nephew, and is my favorite place in that series due to its calm nature and extreme potential for adventure and stories. Earth, Charn, Narnia, and an infinity of other worlds connected through a mysterious forest. Here, we could have Hyrule and Termina connected similarly, though with less of a transition than the pools of the Narnia forest.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

This is an interesting suggestion, but until we get another game taking place in an alternate universe like MM, this is very likely. Remember, Termina is essentially a basterdized Hyrule, and is Hyrule's opposite in many ways. 3 instead of 4. Everybody seems to have a counterpart. Despite still having a lot of green, red, and purple, the color tones are much harsher. Hyrule seems to be an open world, that inspires hope. Termina seems to be very closed in, and inspires fear.

So it's very possible that in the Zeldaverse, there are only two 'worlds', so to speak. The equal, yet oppposite, Hyrule and Termina.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Too bad it's not. Where did you find that pic Darkurai?
deviantART. Click on the picture to go to the original.

What about gibdos? One thing that I loved about Ikana was the Gibdos. Are they just dead people, or did they have a purpose in the grand scheme?
I'll work on this. I have some theories regarding it, but I'm not sure which ones are most plausible, and I'll try to include it very soon.

Another thing that is wierd is the old man who watches over Ikana. Why is he there? Why does he know about the mini bosses link killed and why does he watch over the poe sisters? I think he might be a garo but olny because he covers his face like they do. He could be a garo general because he is wearing a purple cloak like the other elite(forgot their actual name) garos.
Something of note is that he looks like the Poe Trader from Ocarina of Time. I'm not saying that perhaps he's the same person, but there could be more like this mysterious person throughout the world. It would explain why he watches over the Poe Sisters.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
It kinda makes it sound like all this time the Kokiri were secretly using Link.
Nah that's what everyone assumes about people destined to become heroes. It looks like everyone else is just preparing the potential hero only because he's "destined" to become one. But in the end, it turns out the potential hero himself actually wants and needs to fulfill those heroic acts, destiny or not.

I don't know how many of you guys read Harry Potter, but in the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore's explanation of Harry being the "Chosen One" meaning nothing was good, and better put than how I said it.

Also, I really like the idea of the Lost Woods being the world between worlds. It would add some extra epicness to its Forest Temple. I'm still not sure if the Garo would have the power to curse such a powerful place though...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Nah that's what everyone assumes about people destined to become heroes. It looks like everyone else is just preparing the potential hero only because he's "destined" to become one. But in the end, it turns out the potential hero himself actually wants and needs to fulfill those heroic acts, destiny or not.

I don't know how many of you guys read Harry Potter, but in the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore's explanation of Harry being the "Chosen One" meaning nothing was good, and better put than how I said it.

Also, I really like the idea of the Lost Woods being the world between worlds. It would add some extra epicness to its Forest Temple. I'm still not sure if the Garo would have the power to curse such a powerful place though...
Perhaps Ganondorf met the skull kid on his visit to the forest temple or to curse the great deku tree and instructed him on how to get to termina.

Do you meet skull kid as an adult or did he already leave? Perhaps during the 7 years you're asleep he goes and makes friends with the giants. Maybe Zelda's magic only turned back time in Hyrule, and Termina is actually in the adult timline yet you play in it as a kid, if you see what I mean.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Considering they reside at Stone Tower, which has the magical power to turn the world upside-down, I like to think that the Garo are very adept magically.

Perhaps Ganondorf met the skull kid on his visit to the forest temple or to curse the great deku tree and instructed him on how to get to termina.

Do you meet skull kid as an adult or did he already leave? Perhaps during the 7 years you're asleep he goes and makes friends with the giants. Maybe Zelda's magic only turned back time in Hyrule, and Termina is actually in the adult timline yet you play in it as a kid, if you see what I mean.
Actually, if you listen to Granny's stories in Majora's Mask, the story of Skull Kid and the Giants is a very, very old story. It's unknown how long Skull Kids live (it's even implied that the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess is the same one), so Skull Kid could indeed be hundreds, even thousands of years old.

Either way, Majora's Mask takes place in the Child Link timeline. Thus, those seven years never happened.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ah right

I was just trying to find a way to explain how the temple got cursed, at the end of Ocho's post.

Basically it's possible that ganondorf had something to do with the appearance of skull kid in termina when link goes there.

I mean, Link and Zelda are both involved in MM in some way or another, so why not Ganondorf?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Narnia much? That sounds exactly like the Wood Between the Worlds mentioned in The Magician's Nephew, and is my favorite place in that series due to its calm nature and extreme potential for adventure and stories. Earth, Charn, Narnia, and an infinity of other worlds connected through a mysterious forest. Here, we could have Hyrule and Termina connected similarly, though with less of a transition than the pools of the Narnia forest.
Heh, now that you mention it, that's really not such a long shot off, however, in the linked ending of OoS and Ages, we are shown Link sailing away from Holodrum/Labrynna... unless there could be a sea or ocean between the forest and Labrynna (will use Labrynna as an example), then this indeed couldn't be possible. We could go so far as to say that this used to be a small lake, and Ganon used his dark magic to fill it with rain, which is a highly illogical statement. We could go even farther into that statement saying that this was an attempt to keep a hero from accessing Labrynna, as if Ganon knew what Vaati was going to attempt there. These are unorganized, illogical statements, showing the simplest way I could think of that gives an explanation. So, either something this illogical is true, there is a giant sea in the middle of a land mass between the Lost Woods and Labrynna, or there is no way Labrynna and Holodrum could be connected to the Lost Woods, because there is no way around the fact that Link is seen sailing away at the end.

Now, Termina being connected on the other hand, I find a logical statement. We are shown Link traveling through a forest before entering Termina. This, to me, strongly suggests Hyrule and Termina are connected through the Lost Woods. In the child timeline (or whichever... I thinks thats right) or whichever split includes Link saving Termina, this is fine, however, Termina would have to be far enough away from Hyrule for Hyrule to be unharmed by the destruction Termina underwent in the Adult timeline. This also means that, if Termina was completely obliterated, then there is nothing but a huge cliff where the entrance to Termina once was, and, if Spire's depiction of past-apocalyptic Termina is accurate, there are also large floating land masses. With this, we could go anywhere in the Adult timeline.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Actually, I know realize I misread Ochobobo's post.

The Sacred Meadow and the Forest Temple itself are not cursed. This much is clear while playing the game. However, if the Garo did enter the forest, perhaps they physically damaged the Temple, such as the missing staircase. This is plausible since the people of Stone Tower appear to hate the Goddesses of Hyrule.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I have realized something further. Go to the first post to see my new theory.

EDIT: Oh crap double posted.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I like that theory about the Gorman Brothers and I can see where you're getting at.. it just doesn't seem TOO likely. But it could be true.

But why would they give up the mask though? I know they promised it in the race.. but it still doesn't make sense as to why they'd give up such power.

Oh well, it's Zelda. >.>

edit: Unless they could be recognized without the mask.. umm.. that might make more sense. >.>

XACE-K

Smash Master
D@mn, I really like the Gorman theory. It's strange but it makes sense. Are all your theories gonna be MM related?

Darkurai

Smash Master
But why would they give up the mask though? I know they promised it in the race.. but it still doesn't make sense as to why they'd give up such power.
Quote from the game.

We gotta give him something. Well, he's a kid, so what could he do with it? It should be fine... In exchange, you can't tell anyone where you got this!

D@mn, I really like the Gorman theory. It's strange but it makes sense. Are all your theories gonna be MM related?
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, so thus I have more knowledge and understanding of it than any other. I am not going to limit myself to only Majora's Mask, but I do see most of my theories coming from that game.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Very interesting and well supported theory, Darkurai. This raised the hairs on my neck.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea that the gorman bros. are garos but I don't think the aliens are garos because garos are hurt by every weapon, the aliens can olny be hurt by arrows not even Fierce Diety can hurt the aliens. The gorman bros could be related to the aliens some way but I don't think it is through being garos.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I really like the Gorman Bros are Garo Masters theory, but what shade613 said. The garo could be hurt and the aliens couldn't.

Maybe the Gorman Brothers said Garos attacked Romani Ranch just to draw suspicion away from themselves as masters? Or is it possible they have these alien minions elsewhere and only bring out for something like attacking the Ranch.

That seems extremely political if Link actually helps both sides of the battle (if the aliens really are the Garo Masters' work), lol.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Keep in mind that the Fierce Deity's Mask was not intended to be used outside of boss battles, so they obviously wouldn't program the Fierce Deity's Mask to work.

Now think about this. All the Garos in Ikana Canyon are already dead. They're only kept moving by the curse over Ikana Canyon (which is 100% real; not a theory of mine). If they're already dead, we can assume that these Garo are not at full power.

So, if the dead Garo are weaker, and we assume that "they" are live Garo...

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
The Fierce Diety can kill everything but, the aliens. Your other weapons don't hurt the aliens either. I can't see the garos has dead because they won the war and when you stab them what should be blood comes out.(I based the blood off of memory. I might be wrong about it.)

Darkurai

Smash Master
The Fierce Diety can kill everything but, the aliens. Your other weapons don't hurt the aliens either. I can't see the garos has dead because they won the war and when you stab them what should be blood comes out.(I based the blood off of memory. I might be wrong about it.)
The Garos in Ikana Canyon are very much dead. The game itself confirms this.

They're the shells of spies from an enemy nation sent to investigate Ikana. They have been unable to forget their living days. Even now their spirits--emptiness cloaked in darkness--continue to spy.
-Pamela's Father

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I never spoke to pamela's father. I think that old man might hyave been the leader of the garo's because talks about putting the spirits to rest like Captain Keeta tells you to tell the soldiers that the war is over. Also since te old man seems to know so much it supports that he might have been a garo.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I never spoke to pamela's father. I think that old man might hyave been the leader of the garo's because talks about putting the spirits to rest like Captain Keeta tells you to tell the soldiers that the war is over. Also since te old man seems to know so much it supports that he might have been a garo.
He was a researcher and a scientist.

That's akin to saying archaeologists are Mayans.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I know that Pamela's father was a researcher.

I never spoke to pamela's father. I think that old man might have been the leader of the garo's because talks about putting the spirits to rest like Captain Keeta tells you to tell the soldiers that the war is over. Also since te old man seems to know so much it supports that he might have been a garo.
I bolded what I want a response from.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
He did respond to it, he meant that if Pamela's father was a Garo just because he knew so much about them, then that would be just like saying an archaeologist was a Mayan because he/she knew so much about Mayans.

He studied Garos, lol

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
By old man I meant that guy in purple who watches over Ikana. Why would I talk about Pamela's father, he had nothing to do with the war.

Darkurai

Smash Master
By old man I meant that guy in purple who watches over Ikana. Why would I talk about Pamela's father, he had nothing to do with the war.
It certainly didn't sound like that. It sounded like "the old man" meant Pamela's father.

But anyway, the Old Man is shrouded in mystery. He seems to be related to the Poe Collector from Ocarina of Time; not only because they look the same, but because the Old Man also

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
You already said that. I'm thinking the "Purple Old Guy"(from now on that is his name) is a garo general/leader. I'm probably just being ******** and an attention *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom