• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are cold hand johns a legit john?

Are cold hand johns a legit john?

• Total voters

Eternalis

Smash Rookie
I think it is a legit john. I have poor circulation and my hands get cold if I keep them in one place for too long (playing a few sets of smash is included in this). I definitely don't play my best when they are cold, and sometimes I really cant do too much about it.

I think it is a legit john, but no johns (legit or not) should be accepted.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
No, cause handwarmers are the wave of the future

[exception: unless you are playing outside or the venue is extremely cold or something. if thats the case I wouldnt even enter the tourney tho lol]

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow people are really lenient on what not to call johns these days haha

back in the day absolutely everything was a john

even "good game *shake hands*" was a john

LOOOOOOOL

Bones0

Smash Legend
Even if the venue is unreasonably cold, it's still a john. Both players have to deal with the circumstances of the venue whether it's a loud crowd or extreme temperature. Practice tech skill with cold hands.

No johns.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Two words: pant's pockets.

Hand warmers mid tournament are idiotic.

Rub your hands together quickly, put your hands in your back pockets, and sit on them. Far more efficient than playing with a plastic controller to warm up your hands. Nor is there justification for delaying a match in order to refresh tech skill that extra bit, which is what "hand warmers" are in practice.

:phone:

Top Bottom