• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any good tutorials for replacing stages and music in Project M 3.6b?

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
I'm new to project m and smash modding and i want to replace some stages and songs. I can't seem to find any tutorials for replacing them in 3.6b. All the tutorials i have found are for 3.5. Can anyone please link me to some tutorials made for 3.6b, or is changing stages and songs the same as it was in 3.5?

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Uhhhmm, I think it's more or less exactly the same. Check the sticky threads, there are some cool guides :)
And welcome to the awesome world or Project M :D

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
The guides didn't do it for me. I read most. The video guides are just as confusing. I need screenshots in orders.

FailingItUp

Smash Rookie
Step 1: Collect custom music in BRSTRM format in a folder on your computer
Step 2: Have http://www.lakora.us/brawl/songmanager/ installed on your computer
Step 3: Open Song Manager and navigate it to the folder of the PM build you want to add songs to( just click the 'projectm' folder and hit OK)
Step 4: Also open your folder mentioned in Step 1, so that you can see both things.
Step 5: Click the song in Song Manager that you want to replace. Drag and drop from the music folder into Song Manager.
Step 6: Repeat Step 5 for all music you want to replace. Add song titles in if you like.
Step 7: Save your changes using the menu to update the .pac files
Step 8: Put your custom build on your SD card/Dolphin and enjoy your new music.

DO NOT just open the SD card build in Song Manager, or you are 90% guaranteed corruption. Make a backup of your SD card on your computer, navigate to that folder in Song Manager, make your changes, then erase all files on your SD card, and replace it with the modified backup.

Last edited:

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
Step 3: Open Song Manager and navigate it to the folder of the PM build you want to add songs to( just click the 'projectm' folder and hit OK)
Step 4: Also open your folder mentioned in Step 1, so that you can see both things.
Step 5: Click the song in Song Manager that you want to replace. Drag and drop from the music folder into Song Manager.
Step 6: Repeat Step 5 for all music you want to replace. Add song titles in if you like.

DO NOT just open the SD card build in Song Manager, or you are 90% guaranteed corruption. Make a backup of your SD card on your computer, navigate to that folder in Song Manager, make your changes, then erase all files on your SD card, and replace it with the modified backup.
Thanks man

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman

Response to Step 3: Navigate? What exactly do you mean? Copy and Paste? Export?

Response to Step 5: The Songs in Song Manager are all brstrm. How can you tell exactly what songs you want to replace?

I really dislike Sakurai right now for not including the most obvious songs from core Nintendo series ridiculously fitting for Smash. Wouldn't have to go through all this.

Thanks man
Did you really figure all that out?

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
Response to Step 3: Navigate? What exactly do you mean? Copy and Paste? Export?

Response to Step 5: The Songs in Song Manager are all brstrm. How can you tell exactly what songs you want to replace?

I really dislike Sakurai right now for not including the most obvious songs from core Nintendo series ridiculously fitting for Smash. Wouldn't have to go through all this.

Did you really figure all that out?
On step 3 open up the song manager. Then click "File" and then "Change Directory", then select your Project M folder.
For step five it helps if you go to "option" and then select "group songs by stage".

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
On step 3 open up the song manager. Then click "File" and then "Change Directory", then select your Project M folder.
For step five it helps if you go to "option" and then select "group songs by stage".
By Project M, do you mean the sound, strm folder?

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
And once I see the song files under launcher, pf, that's it? I should be done, right?

Top Bottom