• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we pressuring shields enough?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Look at Wario's playstyle, time and time again I have to ask myself, "How does that even work?" When Wario jumps at you he often tries to get the opponent to do something that makes them vulnerable.

Now we aren't Wario, but we're Lucario. Our airdodge has the same amount of invincibility frames as Wario's (get creative with BReversals, yo). We have a projectile, our DAir and FTilt have decent reach and can poke.

Now why aren't we playing more hit and run?

For example let's talk about fighting Snake for a moment.

What can Snake do when we terrorize his shield? He can't stop our approaches at that point.

Well, just something to think about.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Look at Wario's playstyle, time and time again I have to ask myself, "How does that even work?" When Wario jumps at you he often tries to get the opponent to do something that makes them vulnerable.

Now we aren't Wario, but we're Lucario. Our airdodge has the same amount of invincibility frames as Wario's (get creative with BReversals, yo). We have a projectile, our DAir and FTilt have decent reach and can poke.

Now why aren't we playing more hit and run?

For example let's talk about fighting Snake for a moment.

What can Snake do when we terrorize his shield? He can't stop our approaches at that point.

Well, just something to think about.
This thread's opening got good until the snake part.

What most snakes don't know makes us stronger though ;)

Razer knows though, and it's why this MU sucks hardcore.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Utilt when we approach, it sucks.

I work on tricking my opponent by either fair>Force Plam/Grab or mixing up my approaches more often than not compared to using amazing shield pressure.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Why can't he just grab?

utilt is really unsafe on block :\

I guess it could work if they have a ftilt habit.

Gah I hate playing against this character, you literally have to bait everything out of him, no fighting and punishing him directly :(

I think its me sucking at the MU more than anything else.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Why can't he just grab?

utilt is really unsafe on block :\

I guess it could work if they have a ftilt habit.

Gah I hate playing against this character, you literally have to bait everything out of him, no fighting and punishing him directly :(

I think its me sucking at the MU more than anything else.
Naa, its the character.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I mean, it's a good MU if you get a sleeper on them, but it's so hard.

Imma find a way through this, I wanna see what options this character has out of each move Snake can throw out.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Fun fact, dtilt will hit MK if he tries to dimension cape to the edge, or shuttle loop with out sweet spotting it correctly.

Don't know about drill though, gonna have to test that one out.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Best options for Dtilt are using it on the back of someone's shield, or hitting someone who is attempting to DI into the ledge. That is from my experience.

iRJi

Smash Champion
It is. If they DI up actually. If its just away they can land before it will get to them.

Top Bottom