• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are you a left hander or right hander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Right-handed. L to L-cancel. R to wavedash/shield. Whatever button combination has the smoothest series of movements is what I prefer.

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
Uncle Meat said:
Fluffy necro'd it.

I'm a righty (surprise!).

Do longer fingers help or hurt your play style?
Yeah that's what I want to know also. I have particulary long fingers, and they do help me.
I don't know if it isn't like that for others. It's just the feeling.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
I'm left-handed too, but I really don't see how that could give any advantage or something.
My hands are very small though (maybe because of my bone disease...I dunno) and my fingers are quite fast too..

Suliman

Smash Apprentice
i always wondered this myself too..

im right handed, and i cannot use my left hand to do anything in most games. I even l cancel, wavedash, grab, etc. with my right hand and never press l. my cuz is left handed and he uses l to lcancell. so idk. it might make a diff..

ImDaTroof

Smash Apprentice
I'm Left-handed and the ONLY thing I use my left hand for is moving. I also play piano, which probably ups my eye-hand cooridination, plus when playing piano most songs(usually the easy) have more notes to play for the right hand.

Anyways I do all advanced tactics with my right hand.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
I'm a righty. I'm not sure if there would be a distinct difference of how they play since most of my friends are right-handed. I think left-handed people would have a better control over their character since the control stick is on the left, IMO, but hey....I might be wrong.

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
I dont think whether you left handed or right handed really matters because both ways there are disadvantages.

Sav'ur

Smash Cadet
TigerBlade34 said:
I'm a righty. I'm not sure if there would be a distinct difference of how they play since most of my friends are right-handed. I think left-handed people would have a better control over their character since the control stick is on the left, IMO, but hey....I might be wrong.
I think I might agree with you. I'm a righty. So, I sometimes have trouble Wavedashing to the left then I do with the right. Or doing quarter-circle combos in Soul Calibur to the left than to the right.

I feel that occurs because it's hard for me to manuever my thumb to the left when it's already well over to the left. But then when it comes to timing things right, I can hit buttons just right. I don't know, this is all just my opinion.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
311 said:
My left-handed friend has to hold the stick with both his left index finger and left thumb. Does anyone else do this?
the infamous jesusfreak style, lol

I'm right handed.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Im right handed, so does that make me almost as good as ken? I had a convo with ken, chu, isai, husband-nothin good, wife, KillOR, does that make me as good as them? I have big hands, yah, it really is a disadvantage, when your thumb goes to push upA, and instead push upB and leave yourself open, it sucks.

Right handed, but I have been playing the drums for the last 4 or 5 years, so my fingers have pretty good manuverablity.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
I'm a lefty, i hold the controller pretty much like everyone else. I don't see how being left handed or right handed would affect the manuverability you have with your thumbs.. :/

i only discovered a couple of months ago that im the only person i know of that i play with that uses l to wavedash and l-cancel...
Most people use R to l-cancel? ...I assumed that it was called L cancel because it was generally done with L..

That being said, i use L to wd and lc. I tend to have a problem waveshielding instead of just wd'ing though.. maybe if i start using R to wd it'll help me relearn to wd without holding the trigger so long.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I use R to lcancel and wavedash, since Im right handed, to me it only made since. As for the lcanceling, somebody told me I could do it with R, so I tried it, it worked, now I use R.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
I'm left handed. I do wavedash with L... But like, I'm way better at PC FPS games than I am at smash. All of those rely on precise mouse-aim, which I do with my right hand.

L__

Smash Master
I'm a lefty, i hold the controller pretty much like everyone else. I don't see how being left handed or right handed would affect the manuverability you have with your thumbs.. :/

Most people use R to l-cancel? ...I assumed that it was called L cancel because it was generally done with L..

That being said, i use L to wd and lc. I tend to have a problem waveshielding instead of just wd'ing though.. maybe if i start using R to wd it'll help me relearn to wd without holding the trigger so long.
It''s called L cancel because the L stands for Lag.

Btw, I'm ambidextrous so ha.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
I'd say I'm ambidextrous but majority lefty and I don't see how it affects manueverability...It matters how fast you move your fingers...

TastesLikeNachos

Smash Rookie
I'm right handed but i don't think that does a really big difference. I also heard someone made a inverted controller somewhere but it wasn't a official Nintendo controller.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No ****ing johnsss...

Mango's hands are ****ing gigantic. Or at least his fingers anyway. They're longer than mine by at least 1 1/2 inches.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Controllers are made for right-handed people. Which is why you never see a control stick on the right side. This gives a slight advantage. However, I think most left-handers are better with their right hand than right- handers are with their left hand.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It''s called L cancel because the L stands for Lag.

Btw, I'm ambidextrous so ha.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. 64 had Z-canceling which served the same purpose.

Anyways, I'm right handed.

Dylanx928

Smash Rookie
I am left handed. But after playing many years of halo and other first person shooters, i would have a very well coordinated thumb anyways if i was a right handed. Being left handed could be a advantage, not really sure its something that could be studied or analyzed. My opinion is yes, left handers' have the advantage, its our time to shine for once.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
this topic is awesome.. hurts in the *** when u see all the people that have quitted thhihs precius game... but u get cool when u think about all thhe people that have joined XD

Geist

Smash Master
lol thread revival <3

I'm ambidextrous, so I've never really thought of this. I always assumed after a while you naturally get attuned with the controller.
Do people usually have controller trouble in video games? Like in fps games or something that requires analogue control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom