• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are you a noob?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i have nothing to do with pikachu because im a snake user, and i never go against pikachus but do people call you guys noobs and spammer for using pikachu? do all pikachu players spam thunder (b down)?

dont be offended. im just curious.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Most people I talk to associate the terms "noob" and "spammer" with MK and Snake users. Funny...........

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
generally characters with easily spammable attacks like snake, pika, pit etc, are called this, so yeah I get it too, even though there is a strategy to it (unless you're krehz :p)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I really hope you are being sarcastic barge........... we do not spam down b to win. Thunder is easily avoided if you are smart. the only time it is a garaunteed hit is either from a NO DI uthrow, usmash, utilt, dsmash. If you dont di in the first place, i cant help if you get hit by it. other then that hitting with thunder is mindgames. personally, the only time i have ever seen pikas being called spammers are the trolls that post in the pika forums, and the occasional noob who has never seen a good pika in action. Any one i face in real life is surprised at how well a pika can do without spamming. it really is only the misguided who thinks pikas can do good while spamming. now, of course, there are tons of newbs who see pikachu and go omg dsmash, tjolt, thunder, goodie, spam spam spam. and these can do some damage to those their level, but once you get higher spam is easily defeated. those who call us noobs are noobs themselves.

EDIT: btw the title is REALLY suggestive.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
All I do is spam thunder and I always win. How can you dodge it, the move is just too good...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
@ har bringer...

any char can just spam projectiles at you... that spaming thunder thing only works well for ffa... in 1vs1 that is not a move that you want to spam...

neji32

Smash Lord
Im called pro xD jk jk No I've never been called a noob but I do like to spam jolts

Off topic
Harbinger, I hope your not doing that at the tourny tomarrow,

Edit:i hope I can go

aggrogahu

Smash Cadet
My rank says I'm a n00b.

In regards to Pikachu, I don't get that. I'm either playing people who work on a way around spammed tjolts as opposed to calling me a n00b, or people that get overwhelmed (no exp against a pikachu, w/e the reason) and don't have much to say after that.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
@ har bringer...

any char can just spam projectiles at you... that spaming thunder thing only works well for ffa... in 1vs1 that is not a move that you want to spam...
You obviously have no idea how to play Pika.

I'll be there tommorow Neji, hope to see you there. I'm going to make sure to get plenty of sleep tonight, and get there early tommorow so I can practice!

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Once you decide to main pikachu, that automatically gets rid of your n00b status. That's how cool Pika is.
You can still be a spammer an main him. Your argument is invalid.
Also, Thunderspam is rather easily countered.

•Lucas, Ness, Pit, Fox, Wolf, Falco, Zelda, Game and Watch, and Mario are characters that can reflect or absorb Thunder. Lucas and Ness can do both.
•Zelda, Samus, ZSS, Ike, Dedede, Pokemon Trainer, ROB, and Yoshi all have powerful moves that can knock Pikachu out of thunder easily without being in range of the shockwave.

Really, people should quit their whining about spammers and beat the crap out of them instead.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I thought i would point out that rob can reflect with his side b. and if he hits you on the ground, the arms keep you there while the reflected thunder hits multiple times. ow -.-

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I thought i would point out that rob can reflect with his side b. and if he hits you on the ground, the arms keep you there while the reflected thunder hits multiple times. ow -.-
Huh. I THOUGHT I saw a ROB reflect one of my jolts once. I don't see them trying to reflect thunder much, though. In fact, they look like they'd get hit rather than reflect it.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I will admit that thunder can be spammed. But in a one vs one, if your opponent is good enough it is not extremely effective. My Pikachu is very dependant on his airials and jolts, my thunder only really comes into play as an edgeguarding technique if they try to come in overhead.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'll admit I spam Thunder and Jolt but you can easily fight back.
I spam Thunder when someone is in the air. It blasts them up and eventually they fly off the stage...

I love doing that :bee: Also, spamming Jolt is a good way to start off, just doing a little damage (unless the enemy is teh master of dodge :p ). It dosen't mean anything but it's cool... :bee:

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I have a question: how do I thunder? I hear everyone saying how good it is, but I wanted to try for myself, so how would I go about doing that? Then, and only then will I be able to determine whether or not it is a noobish technique!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
To answer OP. My pika has been commented on as "technical" so I'll assume that's not noobish.

To answer Piman, I like to use it for edgeguarding, i.e. they are trying to recover and I block thier recover with it. Or I like to use it when they are up in the air, even if it won't hit, as it will bait them in close for a quick f-smash. People think it has way more after lag than it does.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
I have a question: how do I thunder? I hear everyone saying how good it is, but I wanted to try for myself, so how would I go about doing that? Then, and only then will I be able to determine whether or not it is a noobish technique!
Down + special :)

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
You can still be a spammer an main him. Your argument is invalid.
Also, Thunderspam is rather easily countered.

•Lucas, Ness, Pit, Fox, Wolf, Falco, Zelda, Game and Watch, and Mario are characters that can reflect or absorb Thunder. Lucas and Ness can do both.
•Zelda, Samus, ZSS, Ike, Dedede, Pokemon Trainer, ROB, and Yoshi all have powerful moves that can knock Pikachu out of thunder easily without being in range of the shockwave.

Really, people should quit their whining about spammers and beat the crap out of them instead.
Don't forget you can counter/DT Thunder at close range.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
You think it was a joke? Oh, then it's already been mentioned... :confused:
Sorry? :urg:
no i meant who doesn't know how to use thunder that hasn't had the game for more than a couple of hours? dont be sorry, you didnt catch the sarcasm

Top Bottom