• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you afraid of MK getting banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I sure as hell am after reading many many posts by people that support banning him. I've been using MK since April. That's 6 moths of work gone down the drain if he does get banned. I'm gonna be pissed as f*ck.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
But still. I wont be able to set foot in a ladder/tourney for a long azz time. Which will suck.
Why not? If you're truly good, you play with any character you want. Right now I play Marth and MK competively, so if he were to get banned, it would just mean I would go all Marth for a tourney or two until my Fox is ready.

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
The MK ban will never happen no matter how much people will want it. 30-50% of tourney goers are MK mains. Probably only 10% would still go to tournaments if there was a ban, only the leet players would actually bother to learn a character besides MK. So if 27-45% of smashers stop going, then it screws the rest of us over.

Blad01

Smash Lord
The MK ban will never happen no matter how much people will want it. 30-50% of tourney goers are MK mains. Probably only 10% would still go to tournaments if there was a ban, only the leet players would actually bother to learn a character besides MK. So if 27-45% of smashers stop going, then it screws the rest of us over.
I don't know where you had these numbers.

I mean, i personnally don't think that a MK Ban will affect the number of attendees. It will maybe even increase it. (So many people don't go to tournaments because they think the gap in Brawl between Top [mainly MK] and Low is too important)

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm not worried. If anything I want it resolved ASAP because I'm really getting tired of it.

Btw, it's not like it takes intense amounts of practice to get good with some of the characters in this game. I'm decent with a lot of the characters. If MK is banned, I just have DK and random button to fall back on.

Gea

Smash Master
You kids act as if MK and GW are hard to learn. You can have a basic GW up and running in like 4-5 sets. If you're a good player you'll be doing alright, then within a few weeks of refinement you'll be back to beating the same people in no time.

Also lol at six months of metaknight refinement. If you weren't winning tournaments, then it really doesn't effect you greatly.

That said, I'm against the ban. As a Peach player no less.

Timbers

check me out
If a ban were to come into play, there would be a very gracious time notification before the ban was set into play. It's not like tehy'd strip you of MK as soon as the decision was made.

Also what Gea said lol.

Pulling numbers out of your *** usually isn't very effective in getting your point across. Competitive player wouldn't leave the competitive scene over an MK ban, they'd just go for the next character that showed the most potential in winning. I'll pull numbers out of my *** too, and say that 2% of the competitive scene actually mains MK because they like him as a character. The other 98% like him because he's way good. It'd suck to relearn a new character, but honestly a ban wouldn't make the majority of MK mains butthurt beyond recognition and quit smash lol.

And no I'm not for the ban.

Saltix

Smash Lord
If a ban were to come into play, there would be a very gracious time notification before the ban was set into play. It's not like tehy'd strip you of MK as soon as the decision was made.

Also what Gea said lol.

Pulling numbers out of your *** usually isn't very effective in getting your point across. Competitive player wouldn't leave the competitive scene over an MK ban, they'd just go for the next character that showed the most potential in winning. I'll pull numbers out of my *** too, and say that 2% of the competitive scene actually mains MK because they like him as a character. The other 98% like him because he's way good. It'd suck to relearn a new character, but honestly a ban wouldn't make the majority of MK mains butthurt beyond recognition and quit smash lol.

And no I'm not for the ban.
Get him.

Anyways, the ban won't happen. I'm ******* tired of people whining about MK.
GET THE HELL OVER IT.

At this point its like, Go play Melee or a different game. I'm gonna pull a number out of my *** too.
100% of gamers either whine about "MK bans", "Melee is better than brawl", "Brawl doesn't suck" or any combonation of the 3.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
as samurai panda said, the ban isnt even in its early stages yet. first the MK boards would be warned, then the SBR would have to decide, and then, ban. but as homicidalrapist (lol) said, its probably not going to happen

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Both sides of the argument are pretty strong. If counters for MK aren't found soon though, I think he'll be banned. Am I afraid? Nah; MK is my main, but I have plenty of other characters I'm good at to fall back on. I'd probably use Wolf as my main if it were to happen now (which it won't).

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I could see a ban happening, but I'm not quite sure myself...as Heroes said, both sides of the argument are very strong; I'm going to work on my Lucario just in case a ban actually does happen, though...it seems like the safest route to me.

Tyser

Smash Champion
30-50% of tourney goers are MK mains.
You pointed out why MK should be banned. Too many people play as this char. Imagine the competitive scene 2 years from now without him being banned. You are going to see 100% MetaKnights at tournaments. Getting rid of him soon seems like a good plan to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom