• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Are you buying a Wii-U just for Smash 4????

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I don't have a wii-u and the only reason I will buy one is for smash. Nintendo consoles are slowing becoming the smash console for me. I have bought the gamecube and wii just for smash. Are you buying a wii-u just for this game? Are Nintendo consoles the smash machine for you? Let me know!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yes. I might get DKCTF too, but I consider that a perk more than a motive. I've used my Wii for Project M exclusively for over a year, and I guess when I get a Wii U, it'll become a Smash machine as well.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I have no idea why anyone would buy it just for smash. There is so many games coming out...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Bought my Wii U and I'm happy with it. Those people that just buy Nintendo consoles for Smash are just a bunch of traitors...they probably think Battlefield's good too :I

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I got mine in anticipation for Smash Bros... and Mario Kart... and a new Zelda... and NSMBU... then fell in love with the system after playing Nintendo Land with friends... and then enjoyed Pikmin 3... and then enjoyed Wind Waker HD... and then enjoy 3D Land soon.... and then Tropical Freeze after that...

D

Deleted member

I've had a Wii U since last year. I didn't buy it strictly for SSB4.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Wii U is gimmicky garbage, and I'm not impressed by the new Smash anyway.

The fact that you're alive is a gimmick itself, go play some dudebrobox or dudebrostation, you probably like dudebroduty or dudebrofield...

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Currently, I'm buying it for MK8 and SSB4. I'm not into consoles as much as I used to be, but I can't stray away from some titles.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I would buy a Wii U if the only good game was Smash 4, but there are other good ones I will get after I get a Wii U like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
im getting a wii u for these reasons:
smash
scribblenauts
pikmin 3
smash
monster hunter 3
smash
eventual zelda
pokken?
smash
smash
SMASH

so no, not just for smash. i'm barely SMASH even thinking of it

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm actually buying a 2DS just for Smash :p

I figure I'll pick up a couple things on it maybe for my wife but it's primarily for Smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm going to buy it primarily for Smash, but there's a good chunk of other games I'll also enjoy on it.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
mario 3d world, tropical freeze, smash, mario kart 8, windwaker hd, pikmin 3, nintendo land, bayonetta 2, eventual zelda, and a ton of other games that havent been announced are why i got it

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
mario 3d world, tropical freeze, smash, mario kart 8, windwaker hd, pikmin 3, nintendo land, bayonetta 2, eventual zelda, and a ton of other games that havent been announced are why i got it
It's like ppl are completely oblivious to these.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pretty much the same reasons for me, including Monolith's X. I might sound a bit fanboyish, but at the moment and for 2014, the Wii U has a lot more going for it game-wise than the PS4 and Xbone.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Pretty much the same reasons for me, including Monolith's X. I might sound a bit fanboyish, but at the moment and for 2014, the Wii U has a lot more going for it game-wise than the PS4 and Xbone.
Lets not forget the VC titles.

Earthbound being released for the first time in 20 years. Also if they plan on releasing GC titles on VC than that is as major reason to buy a WiiU.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lets not forget the VC titles.

Earthbound being released for the first time in 20 years. Also if they plan on releasing GC titles on VC than that is as major reason to buy a WiiU.

Yes Earthbound! While the Wii U's VC is lackluster at the moment, Earthbound more than makes up for it (for me at least).
GC really needs to come to Wii U VC, but we also need N64 and GBA like we were promised.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Yes Earthbound! While the Wii U's VC is lackluster at the moment, Earthbound more than makes up for it (for me at least).
GC really needs to come to Wii U VC, but we also need N64 and GBA like we were promised.
Yeah that just makes it even more worthwhile. N64 and GBA at an upscaled 1080p? Can't go wrong with that.

Also if they do plan on GBA VC I hope Mother 3 gets released since it was never shipped outside of Japan. If all of this comes to be I believe WiiU will prove that it is THE superior console.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really do hope Mother 1 and 3 come to VC. I would nerdgasm so hard.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I was going to, but frankly I think Super Mario 3D World may be another reason now. That game looks like a lot of fun in four player. I might pick up Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze too.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Lets begin:
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
DK Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
New Zelda Game (this is a no-brainer)
Likely New Metroid Game
Likely New Kirby Game
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
The return of Earthbound
Gamecube and Gameboy Advance VC (holy crap)
A ton of VC Games to come
We may have returning franchises like F-Zero or Star Fox
and of course, SUPAH SMASH BROTAHS

Hope that list makes you see Nintendo consoles arent only Smash Bros.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Lets begin:
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
DK Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Likely New Metroid Game
Likely New Kirby Game
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
The return of Earthbound

^ This

If these aren't enough reason to put a dollar toward the WiiU then clearly there is somewhat of a hatred for Nintendo and its products. Point proven.

Ascended

Smash Ace
I was going to get it just for Smash, but I also want The Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land, and whatever else Nintendo has coming down the pipeline.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I got mine for not only Smash, but for New Super Mario Bros U for my 4 year old last Christmas and now for Super Mario 3 d land and Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. And hopefully better VC games.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Lets begin:
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
DK Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Likely New Metroid Game
Likely New Kirby Game
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
The return of Earthbound

ITS GETTING GAMECUBE GAMES?!!?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I was equally as enthused for Pikmin 3 as Smash 4. So, I guess I got mine primarily for those 2.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I knew I would be buying it anyway I love all of Nintendo's big guns Mario, DK, Metroid, Kirby, Zelda, Smash bros. So those alone were worth the purchase. Plus we got that new X game coming from the developers of Xenoblade, Pikmen 3 came out for it, The wonderful 101 is out for it, and there's still going to be more to come. The director of No More Hero's has already said that he wants to make a third one so that'll obviously come out for the Wii U. The Wii U has only been out one year there's still lots to come our way for the Wii U so no I didn't buy the Wii U just for smash. But Smash is definitely the one game I am looking forward to the most.

Steelia

Smash Champion
No. Never making a mistake like that again.

If I ever got the Wii U, though, Smash would likely be on the list.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Yes. Smash is the ONLY reason why I may get a WiiU.
agreed. As a gamer who started playing super mario world when it came out, nintendo games just don't have that same appeal to me. Guess thats what happens when we grow up. I still play brawl to this day and I expect to play smash 4 for years to come. Hopefully smash 4's online is better.

Top Bottom