• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you ****ing serious IGN?

FFBlackmage456

Smash Rookie
they gave thier credibility away when they said kirby is exactly the same...
Didn't everyone say that the kirby in brawl is exactly like the one from Smash64. If that's true IGN needs to get its facts straight. They said on their podcast that kirby is exactly the same from melee.:confused:

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Don't turn this into a bash Sakurai fest, because I'm getting tired of my threads devolving into that when that isn't the objective.

I'm talking about IGN right now. It's stupid how they tend to label things without looking them up or even studying them. That's called bad Journalism. They seem very false.

Whether you agree or disagree with that is fine, it's an opinion. But it's stupid if you're going to go...

"Let me take this vague oppurtunity to address how much I hate Sakurai. Seriously? Sakurai? more like ASSKURAI! WHOA! You see? I'm clever."

or

"Ever since this game came out blah blah blah it was rushed blah blah sakurai doesn't care about fans BLAH blah I'm talking out of my ***."

or(and here's one for those people who think I'm being biased towards the cynics.)

"****in N00BS! STOP COMPLAINING! EVERY TIME YOU COMPLAIN, A SMALL CHILD CRIES ITSELF TO SLEEP INSIDE OF A DREAM, THEN THAT TURNS OUT TO BE A DREAM, AND EVERYONE'S PISSED BECAUSE DOOGIE HOUSER NO LONGER HAS A POINT! SHUT THE **** UP AND BE GRATEFUL, OR I WILL STAB YOU WITH A TUBA!"

Hopefully people understand what I'm saying.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I thought it wasnt that bad. I mean obviously some of the stuff was just wrong....but overall you have to remember they are not serious players. Most of the complaints are warranted. They have the game and we do not.

I can easily see how SSE could get repetitive and boring after a few hours. Its just like assassins creed. You guys need to calm down.

Rash

Smash Ace
They've barely played the game. Why is everyone so riled up over this?

Some of you need to tone down your sensitivity to negative Brawl talk. It's blinding your common sense. I already said it before, Brawl is not going to be properly judged until every one of its modes has been played and scrutinized (in your native language) over a long period of time. Yeah, you can get a gist of what the package contains from several hours of multiplayer on the first day of release, but you won't truly recognize the greatness of the game and the effort put into it until you do more than just tinker around with Basic Brawl.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why the reviewers see every game as a single game with multiplayer more than a multiplayer with an single mode.

Not understanding that Smash is a multiplayer game and giving such focus in SSE its just sad.

Sorry my english.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
IGN is seriously ********. They gave God Hand a 3/10. I've never taken their opinion on anything seriously after that. I'm not saying God Hand is the best game of all time, but you can't give a Clover game a 3. Never.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I have no qualms with IGN. They normally write great reviews and some nice editorials. But, like most reveiwers, they must get out a review past a certain time, and thus, don't normally try to master the game. Same sort of thing happened with Assassins Creed, it is just a matter of them not understanding it enough.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Didn't everyone say that the kirby in brawl is exactly like the one from Smash64. If that's true IGN needs to get its facts straight. They said on their podcast that kirby is exactly the same from melee.:confused:
kirby has many differences but the most obvious is a modified moveset. everything from his hammer to his new breakdance spin...

Consult the Kirby Brawl Character Section for the details.

Im just noting that IGN has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to the delicate balance of smash.

They see it for the casual party game it is.

They condemned the Subspace Emissary. We here already knew it wouldn't be exactly breathtaking, but we can all see it for what it is; a monumental leap from melee's adventure mode.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I defer to the wisdom of Matt and Boz when it comes to most games, but the fact of the matter is that most of us have forgotten more about Smash Bros than they will ever know. So basically, I would suggest ignoring whatever comes out of their mouths about OUR game.

For accurate Brawl impressions, tune into Show Me Your News... the REAL Smashcast!

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Meh, they'll give it an excellent score and rant about how bad it sucks just like Mass Effect.

Gojithefox

Smash Cadet
The SSE turned out like a Kirby game lol. I agree with Ign, it was too generic, and it wasn't really well planed out. It's a shame, I'll be honest, it is. If they made a bare bones Adventure mode like in Melee, we could have had a full moveset for Toon Link, Falco, Ganondorf, and Wolf. I would take that over the SSE any day!
You might, but the majority of casual gamers want something more than just fighting. You might not realize it, but Brawl would actually *lose* points without the SSE. It would have nothing to grip the singular gamer, and that's what makes Brawl so much better than Melee. It appeals to all sorts of people. You 'competitive' players are incredibly selfish, looking at just how to improve your favorite aspect of the game instead of what will set the franchise apart from others. A Smash Brosl. without a good single player platformer would be no better than an inferior Marvel vs. Capcom or something to that extent.

Still, I'm pissed that Sakurai made the SSE. I think there is some sort of developers confrence and Sakurai is getting interviewed. I want some explanations. Becaue if they did something like, "We're done with characters now! Let's start a single player mode" I will MAKE SURE that when the next Smash is out, it is headed by someone other than Sakurai (lol).
Oh, yes, I'd love to see what you could do to 'make sure' Sakurai doesn't head the next game. Don't be moronic. Your sole opinions will not be considered by them.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Actually, based on what I've read about the IGN podcast, is that they don't think Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't a bad game at all. Only Subspace Emissary didn't live up to its expectations.

They never stated the rest was lame, in fact, they liked the rest. They think Super Smash Bros. Brawl stands well alone as a multi-player game. However, if the adventure mode was more solid, Brawl could have reached those doubting Brawl.

Smash has always been a multi-player game. They acknowledge that, however, they also take into account that Sakurai had put more effort in making the single player as appealing, so that's how Brawl gets its critique. It's not that Brawl's a bad game, it's because Subspace Emissary is rather disappointing.

Sakurai himself said he wanted to put more emphasis on the single player aspect, however, the IGN employees feel like it really doesn't show.

I'm going to listen to the podcast now. If I come to the conclusion that IGN has been right, then it's pretty much over with you guys. I'm kind of sick of this fanboy crap.

Rash

Smash Ace
It's not necessarily about the game being "lame." Moreso, it's about the IGN guys sounding nearly dismissive about new Brawl aspects, especially with characters. Sometimes they sounded like they knew what they were talking about, and other times they just sounded ignorant (i.e. saying Kirby was the same as his Melee self, saying that Fox, Falco, and Wolf play exactly the same, etc.). It's because they jumped right into the multiplayer without the same kind of mindset that people like us have; they play it as a party game like they would with Melee.

I'm not blaming them for sounding dumb. They're falling victim to pre-judgement. I already said it too much. This is really early in the game and not even the people who are playing it to death trying to unlock everything and find new techniques have discovered all that the game has to offer, and won't for a long time.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It's not necessarily about the game being "lame." Moreso, it's about the IGN guys sounding nearly dismissive about new Brawl aspects, especially with characters. Sometimes they sounded like they knew what they were talking about, and other times they just sounded ignorant (i.e. saying Kirby was the same as his Melee self, saying that Fox, Falco, and Wolf play exactly the same, etc.). It's because they jumped right into the multiplayer without the same kind of mindset that people like us have; they play it as a party game like they would with Melee.

I'm not blaming them for sounding dumb. They're falling victim to pre-judgement. I already said it too much. This is really early in the game and not even the people who are playing it to death trying to unlock everything and find new techniques have discovered all that the game has to offer, and won't for a long time.
You know, if you've actually listened to the podcast, they actually said that most veterans weren't changed, which is a good thing. They see it as something positive.

Also, they've just played it for three days straight. They didn't give it a final judgment.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Well, since those of us in America have to wait a little over a month for Brawl to arrive... Do you guys think there's any chance that there will be any change in our version of Brawl compared to the one currently out in Japan?

I want our copy to retain everything there is in the Japanese version. Including the feature to change languages.

If Nintendo does change the version of Brawl released in America (i.e. SSBM v1.0 and SSBM v1.2 and SSBM v2.0) I would be highly disappointed.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I agree it won't be as good as single-player, but i don't think it's trying to be.

But, SSE is LEAPS AND BOUNDS above SSBM's adventure mode, which was ******** and pointless.

SSE will be great, but it's not going to be the best part; i think that's what IGN don't get: they seem to think that Sakurai must make SSE the best part, and that wasn't his itention.

He just wanted SSE to be MUCH better than Melee's, which it is.

Besides, there's so much other stuff to do in SSBB it's not funny.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
people seem to forget that every gamer will have their opinion.

bad ending or not, im gonna enjoy the fact that my favorite characters all come toghether and fight side by side.

isnt that enough?

gamer8

Smash Lord
Alright, IGN is Wii-tarted and everybody that agrees with IGN is Wii-tarted, I saw a guy said the 40/40 from famitsu was a joke, fawk IGN and everybody that goes there, let's just ignore IGN with all their idiotic-ness.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
You know, if you've actually listened to the podcast, they actually said that most veterans weren't changed, which is a good thing. They see it as something positive.

Also, they've just played it for three days straight. They didn't give it a final judgment.

The problem isn't that they're nagging the game, the problem is that they don't seem to really know what they're talking about. For instance, when they say the kirby seems unchanged from melee, that's a huge oversight. Anyone who was into melee could tell that kirby wasn't the easiest character to use, and it's been shown that kirby has been buffed in brawl. Then, they mention fox, falco and wolf playing the same when that doesn't seem to be the truth from videos many of us have seen.

The problem is that it's hard to really take what they're saying as something we can relate to, when they don't seem 'into it' like we do.

My opinion is that they may be right about subspace being boring or repetitive, but I'll probably still love it, cause I generally enjoy things more than most people. Just playing around with the Nintendo stars(with Sonic and Snake!) is fun in its own, to me.

gamer8

Smash Lord
The problem isn't that they're nagging the game, the problem is that they don't seem to really know what they're talking about. For instance, when they say the kirby seems unchanged from melee, that's a huge oversight. Anyone who was into melee could tell that kirby wasn't the easiest character to use, and it's been shown that kirby has been buffed in brawl. Then, they mention fox, falco and wolf playing the same when that doesn't seem to be the truth from videos many of us have seen.

The problem is that it's hard to really take what they're saying as something we can relate to, when they don't seem 'into it' like we do.

My opinion is that they may be right about subspace being boring or repetitive, but I'll probably still love it, cause I generally enjoy things more than most people. Just playing around with the Nintendo stars(with Sonic and Snake!) is fun in its own, to me.
IGN just can't let go of the fact that his game is the greatest one ever made, what losers.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
IGN just can't let go of the fact that his game is the greatest one ever made, what losers.
Well I wouldn't go that far.

I'd rather just have them be honest and objective if their going to be. Honestly, give the game credit where it's due. If you don't like it, that's fine!

My problem is that their misrepresenting it, and giving impressions contrary to everyone else. It would be like going to see Citizen Kane, and calling it a comedy of epic proportions.

Cue hilarious Orson Wells joke.

Top Bottom