• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you ready for the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Exactly! You should care more for the ones that actually have realistic chances of being in the game, like Tingle for example or like... Sigh! Donkey Kong Junior.
I'm not sure how much I want the first one, but definitively NOT the second one!

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Hypercat, I think you should've explained how this thread worked.
Also, Jigglover, calling me mentally ill ? For liking a ****ing video-game character ? Seriously ? And, me, "killing Jhonnys" ? Do you really think this is funny ?
I honestly thought these forums were better.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That was a bit of a troll, Jhonnykiller. But I have to know, what is it with the name? It's a bit weird and I was just playing with you. Even my brother doesn't take things as personally as this.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Hypercat, I think you should've explained how this thread worked.
OK! First: There is a difference among what you want and what you expect. If you seriously think a character has chances to be in the game just because you wnat it, you a are hopeless fanboy. Not only you might not get who you want, but you can also get what you don't want. And you may also see it coming because there are realistic chances for it to be in the game.
For example, if Sonic will be in the game, Jet The Hawk has few chances to be in the game too because I know Nintendo loves irony, and with two hawks (Falco Lombardi and Captain Falcon) already in the series, a third one may be welcome.

But, honestly, I have a list of Sonic chars I wuold prefer rather than him, included the mother of Cream The Rabbit, thought I see no chance for her.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
OK! First: There is a difference among what you want and what you expect. If you seriously think a character has chances to be in the game just because you wnat it, you a are hopeless fanboy. Not only you might not get who you want, but you can also get what you don't want. And you may also see it coming because there are realistic chances for it to be in the game.
For example, if Sonic will be in the game, Jet The Hawk has few chances to be in the game too because I know Nintendo loves irony, and with two hawks (Falco Lombardi and Captain Falcon) already in the series, a third one may be welcome.

But, honestly, I have a list of Sonic chars I wuold prefer rather than him, included the mother of Cream The Rabbit, thought I see no chance for her.
I would like Silver, he can time travel, has telekinesis, he can fly, shoot energy blasts, he can teleport, and make blades of psychic energy. He also has Super Silver, from using all the Chaos Emeralds.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
That was a bit of a troll, Jhonnykiller. But I have to know, what is it with the name? It's a bit weird and I was just playing with you. Even my brother doesn't take things as personally as this.
I made up this name when I used to play Counter-Strike, I didn't know english very well at the time so I thought that "Jhonnykiller" would be a cool name. It's meant to be as in, me, Jhonny, 'killing' people in said game.
And about the reaction, yeah, I do take things like this because I have a very bad history with forums and just socializing with people in general.

Oh, I see.
So it's supposed to be as in, "oh wait, I didn't want this guy, but it is so ironic that he got in!" or what ?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Oh, I see.
So it's supposed to be as in, "oh wait, I didn't want this guy, but it is so ironic that he got in!" or what ?
Irony might be one reason, yes, but not the only one. You see: a roster is is like puzzle, the characters must not only be nice by theirself, they also need to fit in place with the other characters. So if a certain character fits in place by size, kind, personality, or role in the story mode, this will probably overcome the wishes of the fans.
Granted that any possible decision will disappoint some of the fans at some level.

Rif-Raf

Smash Rookie
I just hope, nay I pray, that Namco/Bandai dont mess it up. When I heard HAL Labs wont be involved I got really worried. I want the game to stick to traditional style, no RPG or rank systems. I'm afriad Project Sora is gunna do that cuz they changed the style of Kid Icarus (which worked out great) but the SSB series is perfect no need to fix what isn't broken. Oh and no Tekken 3rd party junk! Or Pac-Man, he's famous enough! Yes to "classic" Megaman!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Some huge change is gonna happen. Sakurai explicitly said that. So you'd better brace yourself.
As for me, I have faith in the man.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Disappointing that they didn't say anything about SSB4 at E3, it might not even have started production yet. I really wanted to know about what might be happening with the game...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Disappointing that they didn't say anything about SSB4 at E3, it might not even have started production yet. I really wanted to know about what might be happening with the game...
We are probably going to have to just sit and wait at least until E3 2013, if the game isn't in development then it will be awhile before they have programmed enough to release a actual stage demo, but i'm sure, like in every big release, some low level employee that knows just enough will get laid off and go blabbing to the press about all the details. So i am saying on a rough estimate, we could be seeing a stage demo by this time next year, and maybe leaked footage by next December.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Hopefully Nintendo will read that post and restrain from laying people off until the game is either almost finsished, had a trailer and a lot of details at E3 2013 (or if worst comes to worst) E3 2014, or just lay everyone they're going to have to lay off now. Doubt it though. Anyway...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
They are going to have to release something, if only to throw a metaphorical bone to all the Smash Fans. It won't be a big trailer that premiers new characters, like the one with showing Zero Suit. But just a trailer that at least shows the game is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom