• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Your Mains Related?

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Thanks for reading, first off, please post your mains, or secondaries before you answer.

Ok my mains are.

1. Ike
2. Falco
3. Toon link

See these three, absolutely no relation, I mean I like characters with strong reverse air moves but, playing with these is, in my opinion, unrelated to each other in every way possible. Even when I switch sometimes, I confuse my techniques. I might try to pull out Ike's bomb after switching from Toon Link. In the worst case scenario I switch up my recovery tactics, like using aether when it won't reach, or the boomerang in place of a last-second quick draw.

I've never, and don't hope to, meet someone who is good Fox, Falco, and Wolf (although I think they share very few things alike, since I'm good with Falco.)

So, Does anyone, have related mains?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Obvious noob thread is obvious.

Dude, what goes where is pretty simple, that isn't related to furthering or discussing the metagame in anyway.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well...

1) Toon Link
2) Lucario
3) Wolf

No relations, other than I use Toon Link because Wind Waker's my favorite Zelda title... Wolf because of his speedy attacks and deceptive range... and Lucario in replacement of Mewtwo. :)

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yes. Very much so.

1) Meta Knight
2) Wolf
3) Fox
4) Falco

They're all tournament viable for me. Well, Falco is getting there, but the other three above him definitely are, and they've won some small time tournaments for me already.

So I guess I'm the person you'd never want to meet.

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Mario + DK are my favorite duo. Mario wins off of weird tricks, is fast and has no range. DK is a slow moving train. Long range, no special abilities, just 100% giant monkey. And monkey ALWAYS wins.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Main-:snake:
Secondary-:wario:
Backup-:dedede::marth:

I think they are all pretty different. Snake is snake and there is no character like him for starters. Wario and marth are strong arial characters. Marth has farther range. They are both decent with strength and are good KO chars. Marth better range and more speed etc. The are the most similar of the 4 I think. I think all four compliment the others because if anyone player has difficulty with a counter then one of the other 4 can cover almost any if not all countesr in the game (not all 4 but one of the 4 atleast)

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link
Ice Climbers
Pit
(No order)

Kind of, I guess? Toon Link is my main because...well almost everybody's good with him. Good speed, enough power, a good balance. Ice Climbers, I like them because they're powerful and easy to control, great edge gaurds and the chain grabs, couldn't live without them. Pit, I like his speed and his recoveries, other than that, he's ok with power.

They're not really related, other than Toon Link being some blur in the good aspects of the two characters, Ice Climbers' speed and Pit's speed. I guess maybe the fact that Pit and the Ice Climbers are virtually polar opposites makes me better with them?

Meah.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
I main, All Zelda Characters, Jigglpuff
Zelda characters cause they are the single most awsome games ever, so they are sought of related.
Just main jiggs cause its a pokemon, And its a balloon: Nothing is cooler then winning with a pink ball with a bow on its head

RIP Bow + Rambo Puff

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't want to think how Pokemon Trainer and Dedede are related. *Shudder*

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Diddy Kong (sorta..)
Really, my MAIN mains are Toon Link and Jigglypuff, they're not really related in any way though.. so..

Wait, they're both Nintendo titles. Does that count?! >.>

Nipaa~

Alopex

Smash Ace
Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Diddy Kong (sorta..)
Really, my MAIN mains are Toon Link and Jigglypuff, they're not really related in any way though.. so..

Wait, they're both Nintendo titles. Does that count?! >.>

Nipaa~
They both have really strong aerial games. Diddy's got good air game too, actually.

Maybe you enjoy an aerial-focused playstyle?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Hmm, you caught me.

Hah, I do enjoy aerial game I guess. Maybe I just use Jigglypuff as a break from the mid-range game so I can get into some close-range combat.
Never thought about it like that.

I always thought Diddy's game was grab and throw banana's. I never really went to the boards so I don't know much about the game with him. I just like tripping people and throwing so far ;)

Nic64

Smash Lord
Lucario, Snake, and Marth are my best right now, no real relation. well, lucario and marth have some similarities...beyond that I play a ton of characters, I suppose the most notable relation is that I play zelda, toon link, and ganondorf frequently, it's teh triforce!

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hum...

1. Falco
2. Sheik

3. Ganondorf

The only relation i see is good aerial game... And suck* recovery %)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's see,
Pit
Bowser
Wario
Wolf

Well Pit and Wolf both have a projectile and a reflector (even though Pit has 2 reflectors)
and Wolf and Wario both start with "W"

Bowser however has no relation, cept that he's heavy, like Wario.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
-Samus, Zero Suit Samus
-Pokemon Trainer

Yeah two of them are related but mostly because both Samus and Zero Suit Samus space with their tethers so the transition is easier. One criterion for my main is that I need a long ranged Kill move that I can use in the air. Having more than one long ranged move is the second criterion. The third then comes down to favouritism.

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
Well, my mains are

1. Wolf
2. Marth
3. Sonic
4. Bowser

The only relation is between Wolf and Bowser, because they both have claws. For the rest no relations.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I realized the other day that everyone I've ever mained can be ridiculously campy, and has super gimpable recovery: Olimar, Falco, and Snake.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
My Mains::sonic: :toonlink: :link2: link is realted to toon link they theter recovery and projectiles and Sonic is releated to toon link for speed and good recovery.

ylbassist16

Smash Rookie
My mains are....

Yoshi, Falco, Pikachu, and recently Pit.

Only real relation is that I used none of the first three in melee ever ! I was always link and maybe ness in melee. Also, I just love pit on brawl haha!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
1. MEta Knight
2. Falco
3. Captain Falcon

Look at 1 and 3, they have a Similarity.
They are on the ends of the tierlist :3

XACE-K

Smash Master
Ike
Falco
Marth
Captain Falcon

Ike and Marth are both from the Fire Emblem series.

Falco and Captain Falcon are either a bird or bird related.

I mained Falcon, Falco, and Marth in Melee.

Top Bottom