• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
can some people give me some animes to watch? i would love something i can take serious. art style has to be very detailed. also if you know something that has a steampunk style i would really watch it til the end :D of course a good story

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
can some people give me some animes to watch? i would love something i can take serious. art style has to be very detailed. also if you know something that has a steampunk style i would really watch it til the end :D of course a good story
I don't know if any of these really fit your specifications, but I'll post my favorites anyway and hopefully you see something of interest.

Yu Yu Hakusho
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star
Case Closed
Gun X Sword
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

I'm pretty sure that as an Anime fan you've probably seen most of these since they're all awesome. I'd actually like some suggestions as well, I haven't watched much lately. I might get back into Case Closed.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if any of these really fit your specifications, but I'll post my favorites anyway and hopefully you see something of interest.

Yu Yu Hakusho
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star
Case Closed
Gun X Sword
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist

I'm pretty sure that as an Anime fan you've probably seen most of these since they're all awesome. I'd actually like some suggestions as well, I haven't watched much lately. I might get back into Case Closed.
I will add on to that as well.
Eden to the East
Gurren Lagann
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
Clannad
Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Melancholy of Haruhi
Hunter X Hunter

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Ive seen a good amount of these thanks guys i will check the ones i Havent seen from the list. Ive seen alot of the older stuff. Trigun is dope Yummy.

Yu Yu hakusho has to be in my top 5 :)

:phone:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
ooo, I'm an anime snob :p

if you haven't seen champloo or bebop, you must do that now.

welcome back

now that you've got the essentials down, I strongly recommend Gungrave. It's like... one of the few shows (or movies for that matter) where I pretty much almost cried at the end. Good action with characters to really care about.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
FMA Brotherhood was way too good. A lot of people stated Anime's that would have been on my list, so I will only add a few more:

Getbackers
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai 7 (which is fairly steampunk)

Cassio

Smash Master
Rave! When you get a chance lemme have the vids of me (truth) on your wii (two pika vs MK). If you cant upload them thats fine I can find a way, and if for some reason you dont have them just lemme know.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Soul Eater was really, really lame at the beginning, and I almost quit watching after Kevin and Alex recommended it to me. I think it is the absolute terrible dialogue that was employed in the show that turned me away, or the horrible initial character progression. However, it finally started to actually get good in the middle. Not great, but good enough to keep watching.

One anime that was mentioned that I didn't like though, and I will probably receive some flak from this comment, was Hunter x Hunter. The main character boy was so terribly created, to where his personality was way too robotic. I got to about episode 20 and just couldn't stand watching it anymore. It was just boring to me. Maybe it gets amazing later on, but I am not going to keep watching and waiting haha.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I blazed through HxH cuz my sister had like, the first 20 volumes. The convenience of having them on you makes manga sooooo much more enjoyable.

that being said, Gon is not the most interesting character, but the series does have a lot of redeeming ones.
The hunter exams or whatever they're called intrigued me a lot when I first started it. Cartoony and kind of brutal at the same time

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Maybe I was too harsh on it. I will give it another go once I feel like watching another anime.
I wouldn't blame you at all for not being interested in the anime. Like I said, I got through it because I read it and it worked for me

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Might be in AZ at the end of July since my family is either going to AZ or Cali. I wouldn't need housing but I would be down to play with ya'll if someone is going to be hosting a smashfest or something!
Just let us know the days and we will definitely set something up :).

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
MJG might be stopping by again? Nice man.

Never got to play you the first time around, looking forward to your next visit.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Might be in AZ at the end of July since my family is either going to AZ or Cali. I wouldn't need housing but I would be down to play with ya'll if someone is going to be hosting a smashfest or something!
How late in july? I might be coming here around then too

:phone:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey, Kevin or K9 -

Please call me back ASAP!!

It's about our trip to Cali this weekend. Wanted to ask you guys a few questions and try to finalize some things.

Call me back on my house number: (520) 498-3982

Ask for me if I don't pick up

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Is anyone who uses Avast! getting a malware warning every time they use Smashboards? This is getting on my nerves, and even making me paranoid lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
i use microsoft security essentials on my PC and AVG on my laptop, and there is no problems with smashboards on either.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I got a virus when I visited the metagame boards. I had Avast, and even though it notified me, my computer still died after a month or so. After that I got MSE and never had a problem again. Not really, smashboards is more safe than water.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
The water was safe, the Shark was not. The shark was able to prosper due to the safety of the water. Until he got sprayed in the face.

Top Bottom