• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if any of you guys knew of this thing's existence or not, but this exists. I know they streamed some at Evo so I am a bit late though.
http://www.mane6.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YBZqWNnFOQ

I'm not a fan of MLP or anything, but the game itself actually looks pretty fun and like it has some pretty good mechanics, especially for an alpha of a free-to-play game.

EDIT: Just looked at one of the dates on one of the videos, guess the project is older than I originally thought.
EDIT EDIT: The project has been discontinued because Hasbro got mad or something. There's a petition here for anyone who might be interested, but it might not work, who knows.
I recently tried the game out (found the alpha somewhere) and it's actually really good.

Ok, I'm not gonna edit this post anymore.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
This man speaks the truth.

Final Fantasy 9 was one of the greatest things to ever happen to gaming.

That's my personal opinion though, of course.
I completely disagree and would put 9 only above 12-13 in my list

I originally meant if it was FF6

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I wanna attend a tournament just so I can talk about how much better FF9 is than the rest of the series.

Then I'm sure Alex and I will find plenty of other stuff to disagree on

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I wanna attend a tournament just so I can talk about how much better FF9 is than the rest of the series.

Then I'm sure Alex and I will find plenty of other stuff to disagree on
Combat system, environment, characters, everything about that game was damn near perfect, I've beat it a little over fifteen times since I was a kid, I'll never get tired of that game.

Wow, Smash sites keep changing and enabling the liking of posts lately, same thing just happened recently to my original home site, NintendoWorlds.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Psst... FF7's better.
But why do you think so? I've never really understood the bandwagon for 7. I know it's a good game, but I kind of have always thought that part of its popularity was because it was the first installment to leave sprites and have 3-dimensional characters and cut scenes so everyone ended up with this starry-eyed boner that quite honestly steals the thunder for the rest of the franchise's life.

Granted there are some clear things it does better like Sephiroth > Kuja and Tifa > Garnet/Dagger

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Man, y'all are crazy! While Final Fantasy 9 is definitely in the top three, there is no arguing that FF6 is the greatest Final Fantasy ever created. Also, if we are taking non-numbered Final Fantasies in the mix, then Final Fantasy Tactics is a close second. Final Fantasy 9 comes right after that.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you are so right Aaven. I didn't even get to the third disc in FF8 before getting rid of it. While it had some awesome characters like Irvine and Squall, it also had the worst character in Final Fantasy history: Selphie. Gosh, I loathed her. Also, battle system was terrible just because summons were way OP in that game to the point to where it made it WAY easy to win. Music wasn't even that good except for the awesome intro song. Story sucked too. Heck, Final Fantasy 13 was even better than 8 in my opinion.

Also, Final Fantasy 10 had the best music of any Final Fantasy. Period.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
13 was pretty bad. The sequel does the series justice. I completed that game 100% and got all the trophies and fragments :)

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I've played 1-4 and some of 13. I can't play most RPGs for more than like 10 minutes at a time anymore so it can take awhile.
But I did like the first few, and 4 oddly enough. Can't think of a real favorite though.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Hahaha, dirge was definitely not great
Dirge Of Cerberus sucked so much balls,but I stomached through the gameplay just so I could see more Final Fantasy 7 story goodness, especially towards the later part of the game where more of the characters showed than just Vincent, Cait Sith and Yuffie.

Cid Highwind is where it's at, that character is a badass and one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters in the series.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I've only heard of it from one other person before, and it does look a pretty bland compared to my regular fare of games. .-.
I'm not a big Final Fantasy fan or anything but I wouldn't have expected the game to be a shooter. They should stick with RPGs from the sounds of it. :p

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
So now that the season is over, maybe we should talk about changing our stagelist to more closely reflect Apex's. If our goal is to get ready for it, shouldn't we have a ruleset that more closely mirrors it?

Top Bottom