• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Oh wow, K9. You had the H*A*M instrumental on your brawl, I was just listening to it and heard it.

Eh, I like Otis better, H*A*M is too hard for a chill person like me.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
As some of you may (or may not) know, SWF holds a contest every so often called Write With Your Power where members submit a short story along the guidlines of a provided prompt. Their most recent iteration is about to end as all the final drafts roll in before the actual judging occurs.

I entered it this time around if any of you want to check mine and any others out. The prompt this time was (in so many words) "Write a story about the end of the world."

This may be a totally self-seving post
lol
but I figured I'd share it with my home scene. Wish me luck!

This is the WWYP sub-forum
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

and this is my entry
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308051

Light_

Smash Apprentice
That was very beautiful and heart touching, DerpDaBerp. I hope you do well in the contest.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
tee
el
dee
are

lol, seriously though, if you get that Orange Title you've wanted or so long, that would be sick as fuck.

Jane

Smash Hero
****ing bravo, tommy. A wonderful story, i liked the passage about being paralyzed by the future. During those moments i really felt it. The last line though... you could have ended it better lol.

Overall, dope **** man. Heres hoping you win and get that boss status orange name!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I actually brought that point about the last line up in the thread so I'm really glad you guys mentioned it. Now let's see...

___
edited. better? endings are really hard

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how many of you knew about this, but Angela and I were in California this past weekend visiting her family. Well, a tournament was also being held. We decided to go, and it was awesome.

The official results haven't been posted yet, but here is what I remember. in doubles, I teamed with Mike Haze (Awesome right?) and we got second. Lost to Tyrant and Chaos. It was close though, last set, last match, last hit pretty much.

Anyways, in singles, I got second seed in pools and made it out to the pro bracket. I beat Chaos in my first match, lost to Tyrant in my second match thus putting me into losers bracket. I beat someone else but I can't remember exactly who, and then I faced Zekey, who is ranked 8th in Southern California, right under Kira, and beat him, which was the highlight of the day.

I then lost to Fallen, which is a ranked NorCal player who was visiting as well. In the end, I got 5th place, which is awesome considering it is SoCal we are talking about.

Angela made it to the pro bracket as well, and got 9th, but in her defense, she was seeded REALLY badly (they were actually very disorganized in their seeding).

Representing AZ!

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha nice yo. so many falcos and mks in cali it gets boring! i bet they were like wtf a yoshi? i got this.

then after the first match:
how the **** do i fight a yoshi?

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Yeaaah, I didn't do super hot, but I'm just glad I made it into the Pro Bracket. Got mega-close to beating Zekey. It went into the third match, high percentages. It was so hype!! Lots of cheering and everything. Ironically, he was also my partner during Random Doubles. :p I'm not entirely sure why he was my first match in bracket, since I got 2nd seat in pools, but oh well.

Also... I can now say that Lucario dittos are the most painful things in all of Smash. :urg:

Mike sends his regards to AZ, as well!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I don't know how many of you knew about this, but Angela and I were in California this past weekend visiting her family. Well, a tournament was also being held. We decided to go, and it was awesome.

The official results haven't been posted yet, but here is what I remember. in doubles, I teamed with Mike Haze (Awesome right?) and we got second. Lost to Tyrant and Chaos. It was close though, last set, last match, last hit pretty much.

Anyways, in singles, I got second seed in pools and made it out to the pro bracket. I beat Chaos in my first match, lost to Tyrant in my second match thus putting me into losers bracket. I beat someone else but I can't remember exactly who, and then I faced Zekey, who is ranked 8th in Southern California, right under Kira, and beat him, which was the highlight of the day.

I then lost to Fallen, which is a ranked NorCal player who was visiting as well. In the end, I got 5th place, which is awesome considering it is SoCal we are talking about.

Angela made it to the pro bracket as well, and got 9th, but in her defense, she was seeded REALLY badly (they were actually very disorganized in their seeding).

Representing AZ!
Zekey is raked 9th. im 8th. GOOD STUFF YOSHIKEN

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Oh, my bad, haha.

Anyways, you guys are awesome :D.

I also faced Rich Brown and Tearbear in friendlies a bunch, which was really fun. I learned a lot and hopefully I will be able to incorporate all of this into these next few tournaments.

Sao

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be streaming Brawl live for a majority of the night. Some of Arizona's best brawl players are here tonight and we are having a casual session in preparation for Devastation which as you know hosts a big Brawl tournament every year.

Here is a link to the stream, hope to see everyone there.

http://twitch.tv/thedigitaldojo

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys!! I'm finally in Top 100 in the SWF Brawl Rankings!!

AZ Players:
Darklink - #61
Silly Kyle - #89
K9 - #172 (new!)
Duff0 - #189

Former AZ Players:
KiraFlax - #81
HadesBlade - #139

This is the cherry on top of a fantastic weekend in Tucson where I won $300 (in-store credit) and a Nintendo 3DS @ Level Up in the Foothills Mall.

Time to step it up and be #1 in AZ with :peach: !!!!!!!

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480
Image:

Top Bottom