• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
The TVs didn't actually bother me at all, nor did the food selection, nor did the closing time. I just absolutely hated the 5 dollar venue fee, because Angela and I ended up having to spend 30 bucks just to enter the dang tournament, instead of the usual 20.

UofA sounds cool though, though I am sure the traffic around that area will be even more dreadful than around Katana.

Oh! and I know people were talking about having the next Pheonix tournament on the 29th, but Gamer's Inn is packed that weekend with a bunch of events and such (not surprising since its the weekend before halloween), and so we need to do it on a different date.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The TVs didn't actually bother me at all, nor did the food selection, nor did the closing time. I just absolutely hated the 5 dollar venue fee, because Angela and I ended up having to spend 30 bucks just to enter the dang tournament, instead of the usual 20.

UofA sounds cool though, though I am sure the traffic around that area will be even more dreadful than around Katana.
Everyone loves spending less money, it's science.

As long as there isn't a game, which I know not to schedule on, then the traffic is fine.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I made a decision. I am temporarily maining :diddy: to beat sage of shadows: darklink. Also those tvs werent that bad (says the buffer king).

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Random Melee player who has been part of using the UofA for tournaments for over 2 years now here to advocate usage of the UofA. Just make sure though that whoever runs them(most likely Tommy) doesn't schedule a tournament on a date that conflicts with our Melee ones is the thing, other than that yeah it's a pretty legit place.

TVs being up high is kinda annoying but if enough people bring their own setups that usually isn't an issue for us either. While both the parkings are free, I can probably say this with guarantee that the first level of the UofA parking garage alone has more space than Katana does. And since it's on the weekend it's usually less crowded, pretty guaranteed. While food selection isn't a problem for some of you maybe, it's nice having an entire food court just a minute walk away and if you drive there's a few things close by as well.

Also I read a post by somebody saying the traffic near the U is probably bad but as mentioned earlier, since it's the weekend it's actually USUALLY not that bad so yeah not much of a problem there. It closes at 3am, is plenty spacious, and a lot cooler too. I've been to tournaments at both and the U is definitely an overall better, more enjoyable place.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Ive been to that place. its so much better and they have 4 tvs right off the bat, none that are laggy hds either. also if its til 3 am we can seriously have a side event and doubles. NIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
chris got 1st, kira 2nd, xero, from las vegas, 3rd, me 4th.... i shoulda gotten third but whatever...

me and chris got 1st in dubs, kevin and shawn 2nd, xero and leo? 3rd, wolfwood and hero got 4th. ggs all!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Lone Star Circuit Championship has been updated with the FINAL circuit point totals.

I've also posted details about a side event if we have enough time AND setups. Please check out the thread and say if you're gonna bring setups!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...8#post13500338

Arizona should totally come and join the tasty hype!!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
IDK but seriously next tourney we SHOULD have a push up contest. ill throw down money against anyone. come on imjust a skinny boy.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I approve of the pushup side tourney. You will have to grade on form as well. You have to break at least 90 degrees for it to be counted.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
You have to break at least 90 degrees for it to be counted.
wait, I don't understand

If I weren't entering it, I'd just make sure people don't arch themselves. Gotta be straight from head to toe
(sorry Kyle)

Top Bottom