• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Soulcalibur is betta Nigga. and yeah ill join it.
Guess who i main on Tekken!!! and ill give you uh something. it might even by nothing i havent decided yet.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
nah son, SC is nowhere near Tekken.

and I'm gonna guess Bruce cuz he's black as black, or Bob cuz you're a ****** :)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Tekken definitely takes some immense skill to be good at. Besides all the joke characters, the other characters usually have realistic fighting styles that provide more realism to the game. Also, Tekken is one of the classic fighters that set the stage for most future fighting games. With that said, the combo system feels too limited, as if there are only a few ways to play each character correctly. Then again, I feel the same way playing Street Fighter, and thats why I don't find that game fun either, so its probably just me and not the actual game that has a problem, haha.

I love Soul Calibur though because of the huge amount of combos that each character can do. Each character has an average of almost 60-70 moves in their command list that can usually be connected to each other in some kind of combo. No matter where you go in the professional metagame, you will never see two people playing the same way of any character. I love that kind of uniqueness. I also love the tech in the game. I mean, they have a similar DI'ing system to Smash when you are hit in the air, and then you have techniques like Guard Impact, Just Combos (inputting some attacks at a certain time after a given attack will sometimes make the combo do more damage rather than just inputting the buttons one right after the other, which will then only do the average damage), Just Guard (similar to powershielding), Attack Cancelling (being able to stop an attack from happening even if its in the middle of its animation), and so much more. All of this builds up to some insane strategies.

I am not saying Tekken doesn't have its own insane strategies or tech either. It just isn't my type of game, unfortunately.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Are any Smashfests going down at Gamer's Inn or anywhere this week/weekend? I really need to whip into shape before the next tournament so I'll make sure I'm free this week if something goes down.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Are any Smashfests going down at Gamer's Inn or anywhere this week/weekend? I really need to whip into shape before the next tournament so I'll make sure I'm free this week if something goes down.
I usually have no problem setting up smashfests at my place or Gamer's Inn, but this is my last week of school (not counting finals), and then on Friday I have my Physics Final. I will probably be taking that at around 4 or 5:00 in the afternoon, and so after that is over with, I should be free to Brawl it up.

However, there is a small possibility that I have a final on Monday, because I only know about 3/4 of my Finals schedule for next week at the moment. If there is a final on Monday, then my weekend is shot.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
So i checked with my apartments looking into a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom and there is a wait list on a 2 bedroom but they do have a 1 bedroom going for 432. 2 bedrooms are cheaper but we could always put our names on the wait list til then. I wouldnt mind sharing the room Im just looking for a roommate so it can be cheaper for the both of us. Right now im paying 355 for a studio but im always down for saving money especially about $140 a month!!!! Sinice my lease is past 6 month there will be no move in fee and i would be able to move into it for free. also whoever is willing to move in wouldnt have to put any downdown deposit of $250 since I did it in the beginning of my lease -_- Is there anyone down with a stable job that wants some responsibilities? :p

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Lol, Rob I would've if I didn't just move out of my old apartment a few months ago and quit my old and crappy job xD

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
-_- lame. plus it gets freaking boring at my place by myself! i always get done with work around the afternoon so i have the rest of the day trying to find something to keep myself sane.

i had a girl over sunday it was ok i guess. cuddled up a bit and got some boob action. watched a movie being a gentlemen. not trying to hit a home run on the first try :D

wait..........maybe i shouldnt get a roommate hahahahahahahahah jk jk

hahahahaha also saw this on youtube hahahahaha for the bronies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReXtRiW7dI

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
kevin your lucas is not at my lucas level -_- we will MM derp >.< oh wait!!!! kevin lets do a lucas v ness doubles! derp and yummy v you and me!!!!!!!

Top Bottom