• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Jane

Smash Hero
Also, these debates are becoming meaningless because it seems that no one is going to change their mind.
this haha. to sum up my thoughts, here is a list of things i support, in order of how much i support them. so 1 is what i would want us to do ideally and 3 is what i want to do least. BUT ULTIMATELY I'LL DO WHAT THE MAJORITY OF OUR AZ BRETHREN WANT TO DO. BECAUSE DEMOCRACIES ARE COOL AND I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

1. follow unity
2. japan ruleset
3. do both japan ruleset and unity tournies in one day

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
It seems like over all things japanese ruleset is having the most popularity over unity rule set and former rule with mk not banned. lets just end this war and have a couple of tournies where we do japanese rule set. If arguements keep going after this I will Enforce this anyways. I dont care what anyone says anymore this is what we are doing for the next couple of tournaments as a test. Then after ward comes unity rule set test. we are done with these arguements. CASE CLOSED

P.S. really this would not have settled unless the hammer was thrown down, so i just chose to be the one that did it.

Jane

Smash Hero
well can someone show me the japanese ruleset then? or by "japanese ruleset" is everyone actually meaning "three stages"

Duff0

Smash Ace
i have the same order as jane except swap 1 and 2

what that basically means is having two brackets is something i dont want to do

Jar'd

Smash Ace
●基本ルール ( Battle Rules )

▼シングルの場合 ( 1 v 1 Rules )
・ストック 3 ( Stock 3 )
・タイム 10分 ( 10 minute timer )
・ステージ ( Stages )
終点・戦場・すま村 ( Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville )
・アイテム なし&全てオフ ( No Items )
・その他吹っ飛び率等変更無し (Percentage and Stage are the same if restart )
・キャラ自由 ( All Characters are allower )
※2本先取 ( 2/3 wins )
崖下往復を禁止します。(片道は可)
 (崖からステージ下をくぐり, 反対側の崖の高さに到達した時点で片道とみなす)
 崖下往復条件を解除するためには、どちらかが攻撃を受けた上で%が増えるか,
 又は移動台を除くステージ上に戻ってください。(You can only go under the stage ONCE when gliding, after that, you are prohibited from doing so until the percent changes on either player OR you land on the stage.)
You can only extend MetaKnight's DownB ONCE, for 10 seconds MAXIMAL, after that, you are prohibited from doing so until the percent changes on either player.

▼チームの場合 (Team Rules)
・ストック 3 ( Stock 3 )
・タイム  8分 ( 8 minute Timer )
・ステージ ( Stages )
終点・戦場・すま村・ヨッシーアイランド・ドルピックタウン ( Final Destination / Battlefield Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) / Delfino Plaza )
攻城戦・戦艦ハルバード・ポケモンスタジアム・フリゲートオルフェオン ( Castle Siege / Halberd / Pokemon Stadium 1 / Frigate Orpheon )
・アイテム なし&全てオフ ( No Items )
・TAあり ( Team Attack on )
・その他吹っ飛び率等変更無し ( Percentage and Stage are the same if restart. )
・キャラ自由 ( All characters allowed )
・色  募集側チームが赤 応募側チームが青 ( Team hosting is red and other is Blue. )
・2本先取 ( 2/3 wins )

That's relatively it, still trying to confirm everything though. SRT, the Japanese world wide tournament they're hosting has slightly differing rules, in regards to stages, where FD BF and SV are neutral, and Lylat, YI, and PS1 are CP.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Hard to have good attendance when the day before a tourney you're about to go to, its up and moved to a location to another city cuz the TOs didn't actually plan properly...ie this past weekend. Nice to see Tucson fail at organization
If you'd like to rib someone for a mistake, maybe you should stop and realize how incapable of a TO you were that and your opinion still doesn't matter.

which is to become one of the top 5 yoshis.
How are you not a top 5 yoshi? Are there really 5 other Yoshi mains that get consistently better results than you? Cuz you regularly get around 7th and that seems really good for a Yoshi player especially considering attendance has grown.

I'm hoping after all my practice he's finally tourney-viable.

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
If you'd like to rib someone for a mistake, maybe you should stop and realize how incapable of a TO you were that and your opinion still doesn't matter.
I HAVE to hear how I was an incapable TO, while my tourneys brought people and a reliable venue...I'll wait

:phone:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
actually lets just do something fun instead of second bracket like doubles or low tier

Also shoot that under the stage thing is going to hurt my game play but its fair enough.

One Change to this rule I will make to it right away. we will be keeping 3/5 matches when it comes to Finals matches. Also I really think that we should be able to pick green color if we wanted to.

Also in singles no counter pick stages!!!!! hallelujah. finally no stupid stages! actually the one with ps1 lylat and YI are ok i guess as counter picks.

Why didnt we do this before. This is the most legit stuff ever i say we keep playing with these rules forever.

JUST SO EVERYONE GETS IT CLEAR.......... This is a test run of of the japanese rule set later they will change to unity set rules (with mk ban) as a test or permanently. Will be decided later in the season.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I HAVE to hear how I was an incapable TO, while my tourneys brought people and a reliable venue...I'll wait
For the sake of not derailing the actual substantial conversation we have going
1. You bringing us to Katana brought us a venue fee and fewer new consistent entrants than Kyle's capacity for small talk alone. Can't lean on that

2. Being a new member to the community when you assumed the role as TO, you had a lack of respect towards others that actually became enough for people to want to avoid a tournament or fest simply because you were involved. I can vouch for this as I am one. Recall the "Chris only wins because he plays MK" nonsense.

3. If I recall correctly, Kyle or Chris edited your seeding and/or pool arrangement. Perhaps not because of a lack of familiarity with Tio, you just weren't familiar enough with the people around you and their history to know what combinations were best.

4. Correct me if this wasn't the case, but I believe you had an issue with pool eliminations. Something either about them getting refunded or not having pool eliminations at all. No good TO will give a refund. Again, I cannot be sure how heavily that applies to you or if you were TOing when it happened. I'm certain Bullivant had an issue with it one tournament and I just seem to recall you supporting his effort. No offense to Bullivant

All in all, the main reason is your audacity as a relatively new player repels people. Unpleasant TOs are bad TOs.

I cannot expect you to concede to ANY of these points, but the scene's scorn did not spontaneously materialize for nothing. If I'm wrong, then reflect on it yourself.

I love that ruleset. Especially how with 2-out-of-three, a 3rd-game set will force you to play all 3 neutrals. That's kinda cool. And I actually agree with Kevin about the colors and 3/5 thing for finals lol

Jar'd

Smash Ace
The glide under the stage rule is still in the Unity ruleset. It's the anti-scrooge rule.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sean ive already tried to discuss this wiyh you. Youre unpleasant and stubborn. That alone makes you a bad TO because a to has to be an open pleasant individual because they are put in a positiin that requires them to mediate with various people to figure out whats best for the scene. You just dont have the inherent qualities. The fact that you like it that people hate you is proof of this. You literally drove people away. I have the best relationship with scene newbies and a common complaint was that people thought you were cocky and annoying

Carn

Smash Rookie
I have kind of been lurking around as all this stuff has unraveled, I didn't really know if my input really mattered since I am relatively new to playing Brawl.

I don't really feel like Metaknight should be banned. I am not the best player, which is why this may be the case, but I personally feel like I lose more often because of my own skill level, not because of what character they are playing. When I lose, I feel like I need to get better, MK or not. Metaknight is not a simple character to use either, most people probably has the most match up experience versus Metaknight than any other character, forcing the Metaknight players to become better anyways.

Since I am still new, the ban does not really effect me, but I know it has some harsh effects on people that main Metaknight, and I know I would be rather annoyed if the character I spent hours upon hours of practice was no longer playable. I am fine with sucking it up and getting good enough at the game to try to beat any of these Metaknight players.

That being said, I am all for the Japanese rule set. I like simpler stages.

Jane

Smash Hero
One Change to this rule I will make to it right away. we will be keeping 3/5 matches when it comes to Finals matches. Also I really think that we should be able to pick green color if we wanted to.
agreed on both accounts.

JUST SO EVERYONE GETS IT CLEAR.......... This is a test run of of the japanese rule set later they will change to unity set rules (with mk ban) as a test or permanently. Will be decided later in the season.
i say lets just do it the whole season, and then next season decide if we wanna do unity or just keep the *** ruleset. no need to tinker with the rules mid-season, honestly.

LOL you cant say "jap" hahaha this website is ****ing gay.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oh lol, I was wondering what three-letter word was being used

and good **** Carn, I hope you enter more often

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
***an is considered a racial slur, that's why

It's one of those outdated things from WW2, I think it's a bit arbitrary, personally. It's the natural progression of language it no longer holds a negative tone but whatever

Hey sorta random but I wanna make sure you guys are aware of some of the other players reppin' AZ that you might not be aware of

http://www.youtube.com/user/supernintendohotdog

That's 1-up AKA Wafty's channel. He's a tucsonian that plays mostly wi-fi but he's been to a few tourneys (He and Moo, got second actually in our random doubles event [with random partners])

but yeah he's got some super lulzy replays and aweosme gimmicky stuff on his channel including a highlight video. So yeah just giving him a plug because I like his channel a lot it's really funny.

Also http://www.youtube.com/user/MyTagIsASmileyFace?feature=mhee

That's MY channel that you should subscribe to. I'm gonna start working on hype/highlight videos and stuff and any vid that's on MY SD card I upload, so if you want me to upload something for you send it my way and I'll hook you up

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Used to be that you couldn't say "gay" either.

JANE, STOP CENSOR DODGING WITH THE F-WORD.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I beg your pardon, but I have. I was actually looking for the Japanese ruleset before that "Jar'd" fellow posted it. ^_^

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Matches on my SD Card = Recorded. I've got most of Kyle's Matches (So if you played him you're on here, cept Kira)

I gotta upload them and tag them still

EDIT: Oh **** Kira IS on here. I dunno how I jumped over his matches. Well im not set up and **** anymore but I'll have it recorded when I upload them

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Posting that ruleset should totally pardon my censor dodging infractions ;D

As long as zipperhead isn't censored though I'm happy.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
So many great PR ideas :). What's it gonna be you guys? Anjila needs to know soon so that she can get started on it.

Jane

Smash Hero
OMFG WE ARE DOING RAGE CHARACTERS NEXT SEASON. DONE. NO DEBATE. theres so many amazing ones that i dont even wanna reserve one yet. i will be thinking about my choice all of this season.

anyways, for this season i agree with CARTOON CARTOONS and as i said before, i call dexter's dad.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
The thing about cartoons is that they've been done in some form many other times in other PR lists. Rage Comic Characters on the other hand have never been done to my knowledge, and it would be great to do something no one else has, especially something that popular (so popular, that I would imagine the theme would already be used by some other state if we wait til next season).

Not to mention, our image for our Power Ranking tournament this season featured a Rage Comic Character. Just sayin' :)

Jane

Smash Hero
well if everyone agrees to rage comic faces then i'm completely down. but i am also down with cartoon cartoons so whatever gets the most votes, that's what i'm with.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah so lets just do cartoon cartoons this season and rage faces next. enough of this stalling.

chris, kyle, kira, shawn, yummy, stevo, yoshiken, and tommy need to choose their character.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Also looking more at Japanese ruleset, one rule I didn't mention, but is relatively important:
You can only extend MetaKnight's DownB ONCE, for 10 seconds MAXIMAL, after that, you are prohibited from doing so until the percent changes on either player.

Also added rule to my post, to make it a better reference.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
NO RAGE FACES PLEASE. I handle enough /b/tard crap and overused memes on a daily basis. :urg:

Unless someone else wants to make it, lol. That'd be fine with me.

Anyway, I can't quite create the PR image just yet, since our new computer hasn't been delivered. It should be here by Friday, but I also need to reinstall my old programs.

"Challengers Approaching" need to choose their characters, too. I choose Mojo Jojo, omg

Top Bottom