• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Derp why don't you ever come to tournaments anymore :( ?
I remember your :luigi2: was really good a few years ago.

I'm still unsure which character I should use. :C any thoughts? I'm not picking a character to win with just to have fun. ^^

:charizard: :squirtle: :ivysaur: :3

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
All the guys I said I could possibly give a ride too I'm sorry to flake Out like this but I can't go up to California this weekend. Sorry :/

:phone:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Character usage post has been edited for offensiveness.
<3

Derp why don't you ever come to tournaments anymore :( ?
I remember your :luigi2: was really good a few years ago.
I've been really bad at keeping track of when they are. That, and my manager denies r/o's that are within like two or three weeks of the request, so it's not an easy combo to deal with. That and it's just plain much easier for me to attend them in Tucson.

:/

God Kai Fan

Smash Rookie
:pt: seems pretty fun, but it's like you have to learn 3 characters, and the moves become so stale after awhile so that sucks. And :charizard: is with 2 other losers :/...

:phone:
</3 :squirtle: is the best of the 3 IMO Ivys the only weak link but he does well at finishing what squirtle started

BTW you guys have the best PR Image <8 Tifa

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
The character usage list just makes our state look even sadder lol.
^^^

Maining Snake from now on, might use Marth on the side, don't really care if it bothers anyone to be honest, it's a game so deal.

Our state has terrible Top Tier MU experience and Shawn, Kevin, Smiley, Heysuess and myself discussed it on the drive back from Cali. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion of course, but I'm going Snake/Marth from here on out.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
^^^

Maining Snake from now on, might use Marth on the side, don't really care if it bothers anyone to be honest, it's a game so deal.

Our state has terrible Top Tier MU experience and Shawn, Kevin, Smiley, Heysuess and myself discussed it on the drive back from Cali. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion of course, but I'm going Snake/Marth from here on out.
Snake is up there in representation from our state. Yummy and Tommy are both great snake players and the odds of versing a snake are a lot lower than compared to a MK, Olimar or IC. If you want to main a character that prepares people for top tier MU's then you should go MK. MK is the most represented character and he doesn't get enough representation in our state. All I'm saying is if you want to switch characters for a better one then MK would your best bet in every way.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Snake is up there in representation from our state. Yummy and Tommy are both great snake players and the odds of versing a snake are a lot lower than compared to a MK, Olimar or IC. If you want to main a character that prepares people for top tier MU's then you should go MK. MK is the most represented character and he doesn't get enough representation in our state. All I'm saying is if you want to switch characters for a better one then MK would your best bet in every way.
Yummy uses MK, K9 uses MK, Tyrant visits and uses MK, and KiraFlax and Smiley are picking up MK, we're good on that.

Yoshiken is picking up ICs, and he's getting better with them. Heysuess is considering picking up ICs or Diddy Kong, hasn't decided yet.

We definitely do not have any capable Snake players. Not to be offensive to anyone but Tommy doesn't place well with Snake, the reason being he doesn't care much for it anymore which is perfectly fine, if he wanted to he could place well, but he doesn't have the interest anymore. Yummy barely uses Snake anymore whatsoever so realistically there are no good Snakes in AZ anymore.

A good Snake to me is someone who can/will make Top 5 in our state with them. Jar'd being a good example.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Some more Luigis and Toon Links would do us some good, too.

Nothing would make me happier than Jesus learning ICs/Diddy.

Also, looking at the character list, no offense taken, but I think it's hilarious that SUNNYCIDE is listed as a player, and I'm not. I don't play anymore, but I can find some people on there that haven't played in a longer time than I have, and I can find people that still play on there, but I'm still more competent with the character than they're listed as playing lol.
Don't edit me onto the list. I just don't think inactive people should be on it either just to boost our numbers.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm a :peach: purist.

I dont give a single **** about what other people say.

If you guys need matchup practice, play wifi. or travel more

lol you guys are newbs

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Some more Luigis and Toon Links would do us some good, too.

Nothing would make me happier than Jesus learning ICs/Diddy.

Also, looking at the character list, no offense taken, but I think it's hilarious that SUNNYCIDE is listed as a player, and I'm not. I don't play anymore, but I can find some people on there that haven't played in a longer time than I have, and I can find people that still play on there, but I'm still more competent with the character than they're listed as playing lol.
Don't edit me onto the list. I just don't think inactive people should be on it either just to boost our numbers.

After seeing Mr. ConCon play more Luigi's would be awesome.

ICs or Diddy fo sho. Samus isn't a good character and it will be very tough for me to do anything with her (assuming I actually enter tourneys which I haven't been doing.)

I did have the #1 ranked Link in North America afraid to play me in pools at Rev. with Link though. He went MK instead and beat me. I was one win away from making it to bracket with Samus. Oh well.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
AZ....come with me..to WABA. Also, be here August 31st.
What is this WABA you speak of? I actually do want to go down to New Mexico and get some Diddy experience from you guys (Looking at you too, Dekar) but I don't think I can, I'm about to get a car within the next month or so and I need to pick up extra hours at work for the next month.

If possible I might try to head down sometime soon.

Napos

Smash Ace
WABA is a tournament in GA. Hosted by DRN and player-1. November 10th.

Ah thats too bad! I think Yoshiken was having a carpool(if he is off work)

Ive been playing tons of wifi and i improved, did really well at our last tournament.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
please change yoshiken's picture, when i see it I think of overswarm and it gives me a terrible urge to have no respect at all for yoshiken as a person

get'em kyle

Saffy

Smash Ace
Does anyone know the next Tempe tournament date?

Also my 21st birthday is in 12 days... So I might want to do something with some of you atleast <3 Like go out to eat and stuff and hang if possible. I don't want gifts or anything at all . It would be nice to see some of you!

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
stevo hasnt been showing out of state people his dk as well as traveling out of state. just because he can be a lot of us with it doesnt show his high level play with dk

So I thought of a great way to make money even if I have a job. I thought about getting a wii or n64 with mario kart 64 also double dash and go to a public place and instead of playing an instrument or sing on the street I can offer anyone $20 if they can beat me 2/3 in mario kart. Would only cost $5 hahahaha. Sounds fair right?

I can make money and have fun :)

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I feel like there are a lot more worthwhile ways to make money.

Video games should be the last resort when it comes to a money making idea, unless of course you're working for a gaming company.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Well of course there is but i have a job and I would have fun doing this at the same time with the public. Wouldn't cost me anything :)

I never said Im trying to make millions or anything...

Top Bottom