• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Arizona,

My name is Sanji Himura, and I am a small time TO in DFW, TX. Since the folding of WHOBO this year, I wanted to run a tournament that will fill that gap in majors for the Southwest area. My first tournament that goes to that slated purpose, the 2013 edition of the Fort Worth Classic, is in need of your help before it gets to the starting blocks.

Why you might ask?

Because to set a date for the tournament, I will need a date idea that is into the summer, and in the process, I will need to know when school lets out for your area so that I can make an informed decision to set the date.

Thank you for your time.

k9.

Smash Ace
I would be:

Manly men: Major Armstrong (FullMetal Alchemist) or Fabio
Historical Figures: Marilyn Monroe, Bettie Page, or Charlie Chaplin

And to all the co-T.O.'s, what should our last tournament of the season be? Is it going to be Zynetik's tournament (which would make 5 tournaments this season), or should we have an APRD a week or two after the Tucson tourney (which would make 7 tourneys this season).
We should end it at Zynetiks tourney.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Arizona,

My name is Sanji Himura, and I am a small time TO in DFW, TX. Since the folding of WHOBO this year, I wanted to run a tournament that will fill that gap in majors for the Southwest area. My first tournament that goes to that slated purpose, the 2013 edition of the Fort Worth Classic, is in need of your help before it gets to the starting blocks.

Why you might ask?

Because to set a date for the tournament, I will need a date idea that is into the summer, and in the process, I will need to know when school lets out for your area so that I can make an informed decision to set the date.

Thank you for your time.
UA tends to get out around May 11th-ish. You can check it at arizona.edu to make certain. :)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
at the next tournament Zynetic told me that if you want food you should tell an emplotee then they will get the food for ya. and they really would liker us yo do it that way because they get a discount for working in the area so it helps out the store and helps for saving time for our food break. Also DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH. We had alittle bit of a problem last time with it.

Another thing who are the people that won money from devastation. Im having a final battle with the guy this tuesday and tell me how much you won

Singles
Me
Bryce
Taj
Chris
\

Doubles

me
K0

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, so from the data we have available, it will be very difficult to decide 7th-10th on the PR right now, so we have to make sure some of these matches (that have yet to happen this season) happen next tourney!

Moo
Needs to play: SS, GV7, Rave, Zynetik, Airvault, Aaven

SS
Needs to play: Moo, GV7, Rave, Airvault

Smiley
Needs to play: GV7, Zynetik, Airvault, Aaven

GV7
Needs to play: Moo, SS, Smiley, Airvault, Aaven

Rave
Needs to play: Moo, SS, Airvault

Zynetik
Needs to play: Moo, Smiley, Aaven

Airvault
Needs to play: Moo, GV7, Rave, Aaven

Aaven
Needs to play: Moo, Smiley, GV7, Zynetik, Airvault

To make this happen, I will make each pool consist of approximately 6 people.

Also, no matter whether you are on this list or not, you are still allowed to request to go against a specific player in the next tournament. I call Stevo or Yoshiken in my pool! >: )

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Just pick 7th-10th the same way we always do: put every single player in AZ's name in a hat and then randomly draw from it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I would like to play against SS, but from the looks of it, it won't matter much. Lots of great players on there.

Edit: I can't even make the tournament.. Nevermind.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I think only Kyle will make it from Tucson for this next tourney. We're not driving up two weeks straight to Phoenix. We will probably show for the next one

Saffy

Smash Ace
Hey guys , I have a question for you all.

Would anyone be up to host another larger (Regional) sized tournament again. Kansas has showed interest in coming (possibly emjaygee :toonlink:, Lux :popo:/:zerosuitsamus:, and maybe more). These are people who made it to top 64 in the Apex Bracket. I could probably force Meek to come too (The amazing Canada :sonic: main... meek ) ♥. Anytime after the last week of October would be more ideal. I'm not sure about giving out plushies again, But I might provide things for raffles or something.
If this were to happen I would be housing Kansas I would assume (I'm moving out soon yay), so anyone else would be more than welcome to stay too during the period to practice with them/hang/etc...

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'd like to address some of the things that happened in the past few tournaments that the community needs to improve upon. I just received a message from the president of the Fighting Games Club at UAT about some of our unacceptable behavior, and he said that if we get out of hand there again, that we will be banned from the venue (while I know the Gaming Zone is our new main venue, we may need to resort to UAT if The Gaming Zone cannot accommodate us). Ultimately, while I know some of that behavior can never be fixed completely, it can surely be mitigated.

Yelling- Make sure you are in a closed room before you yell (where no non-smashers will hear you). Otherwise I don't think it's a huge issue.

Profanity- Again, not really an issue unless other non-Smashers can hear you.

Stomping- Please cease from stomping, there's no good reason for it.

Physical abuse to property- This is a big one. Please, PLEASE stop from hitting things, no matter whether it's walls, tables, people's TVs, etc. I was told by the President of the Fighting Games Club that apparently one of our players punched a wall, and that's completely unacceptable. Learn to let out your anger other ways, or better yet learn how to keep your temper down. Remember that in the end this is just a game.

Smoking MJ at the venue- While I don't believe it was part of our community, I nevertheless need to reiterate how irresponsible it would be to smoke that in our venue. Just don't.

Trash- Please clean up after yourself. Not really that hard people. Let's not leave the last people at the venue with the task of cleaning up after everyone.

Regardless of what venue you are at, please keep all these rules in mind when you play. And don't be afraid to tell others to calm down (I know Smashers are pretty good about that). These are more than just rules to abide to so we can keep our venues, it's also one that helps us grow as individuals.

tl;dr Let's leave the days of us raging violently and leaving a plethora of trash behind, behind us.

SShane

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5092-9424
K9- I would be down to host one, we just need to make the thread soon, and agree on a date.

Saffy

Smash Ace
K9- I would be down to host one, we just need to make the thread soon, and agree on a date.
If you are talking about my message then that would be great. I'll have to contact them to figure out a date first. I'm pretty sure it needs to be after October 27th. I'll see what I can come up with.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Also put Derp down as someone i NEED to play hahahaha
I don't really see your need, tbh. I don't compete for your spot, and unless you're admitting that MM was a kind of faux, you've already vindicated yourself.

Regardless, I'm not gonna be there this weekend :/

Not that I'm opposed to playing you. I just don't think I'm important enough a contender for anyone to be concerned with

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
def down to chill in zona, I just need a 3-4 weeks notice, since bus tickets to go there are hella expensive. October 27th would be good since it's a week after my bday.

Saffy

Smash Ace
def down to chill in zona, I just need a 3-4 weeks notice, since bus tickets to go there are hella expensive. October 27th would be good since it's a week after my bday.
Meek!!! you better! I'll have to talk to Kansas about when they would want to come as well. Maybe we can get socal, texas and NM too ;=; or colorado..

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, we're about two weeks away from the season ending, let's go ahead and figure out what PR theme we're gonna do!

Below are the themes that have been suggested, and the amount of votes each has. If you have any other good ideas, feel free to throw them out there. As for now, here are the votes:

Historical Figures (8)
Yoshiken, Jane (Math + Science), Dookdigity, Prime, GV7, Derpdaberp, RaveRemix, Silly Kyle

Anime (4)
Xerox, K9, Trevor, KiraFlax

Manly Men (2)
Nazo, Aaven

"Tales of" characters (2)
Saffy, Yummy

B-tier actors (1)
MeowKitteh

And with no votes:
My Little Pony, Rage Faces, Snakes, Fast Food Mascots, Long Wong's Wing Flavors, Mythological Gods, Mythological Beasts, Comic Strip Characters

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Definitely going to go with Manly Men, though the restrictions within that category aren't too clear.

Calling Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
^ Please feel free to suggest a theme then ^_^
Rage Comics Faces/Characters (Generic)

Restaurant Icons (Ronald, Wendy's Girl, etc.)

Lead Video Game Roles (Cloud = FF7, Kratos = GoW, etc.)

"Tales Of" Characters (Lloyd, Asbel, Chester, etc.)

Those are my random picks.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Rage Comics Faces/Characters (Generic)

Lead Video Game Roles (Cloud = FF7, Kratos = GoW, etc.)

"Tales Of" Characters (Lloyd, Asbel, Chester, etc.)

Those are my random picks.
Genius Aaven.

"Tales Of" Characters (Lloyd, Asbel, Chester, etc.)....

^THIS I VOTE FOR. If only I was on the pr.... Raven from Vesperia....

Or this just because Colonel Sanders for Kevin.

Top Bottom