• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Next UAT tournament I plan on giving out this:

2 - 480 point Xbox live gift cards - You will get the code or the card idk.

2 - T- shirts (The ones I showed earlier, you will pick)

Idk how I am distributing them but if we somehow have side event like low tier or random They will for sure go towards that.
ANyone have any ideas. I will NOT give them as first place so don't ask for that,

Saffy

Smash Ace
I say we do a side event, singles or doubles, Basically I throw all characters in a hat on a piece of paper. Everyone picks a piece of paper , and the character they get is the one they have to use the whole side tournament. Sounds fun :D Or random partner doubles lol

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I say we do a side event, singles or doubles, Basically I throw all characters in a hat on a piece of paper. Everyone picks a piece of paper , and the character they get is the one they have to use the whole side tournament. Sounds fun :D Or random partner doubles lol
Oooh, I love random partner doubles.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Last time we did random partners random characters, me and Derp won =)

I got sheik 4 times in grand finals though >_> (Technically 3 but one time I got Zelda and at the time I was better with sheik so I just transformed.)

I don't flip flop around and use half the characters in the game anymore so I'd probably get ***** now. Still would be fun though.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Well I will let Rave decide if he wants to do something like that or not. ^_^ Though I would prefer to give the prizes out for first for a side event. Just so everyone has a chance to win. It'd be a free side event.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Edit: The next tourney will be on the 10th at Gaming Zone (not the 17th). For more info talk to K9, who is back as a resident of AZ!

Saffy

Smash Ace
Alright, so the next Phoenix tourney will be on the 17th, in room 204 @ UAT. Because that tourney is pretty far off, would anyone be willing to host a Smashfest in Phoenix between now and then? I would totally host one myself, but I will be fully occupied during the next two weekends.

And yeah I would totally be up for Random Partners-Random Characters, although I think it would be better for us to have TWO hats, and the most skilled half of our scene will go in one hat, and the less skilled other half will go into the other hat. Each team will be created by drawing one person from each hat. This method will effectively make teams much more equal in skill, and make our results even more unpredictable.

And BTW due to time restraints, the side event will have to take the place of our regular Doubles.
^-^ Well your choice papa Rave.

Where and how will you separate the skill ? I say this because I am crap in singles, but doubles I'm a much better player. We could also add the random character to this as well for the ultimate test XD.

Also I purchased the xbox live points so they are all ready.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Back in my day, we didn't hold each others wieners for everything. You had to earn a high placing in a tournament the hard way: practicing and getting good.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Back in my day, we didn't hold each others wieners for everything. You had to earn a high placing in a tournament the hard way: practicing and getting good.
I love this.

By the way people are probably going to hate me come next tourney, but I'm okay with it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Luigi's pretty good against ic's
I mean like, I'm sure some graph somewhere says I'd be boned, but I am derpdaberp

:phone:

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Edit: The next tourney will be on the 10th at Gaming Zone (not the 17th). For more info talk to K9, who is back as a resident of AZ!
What the heck!? Why the change!? Come on...

I don't know if I will be able to come to this now. Is there at least a valid reason why it was changed?

Its a conspiracy just so you guys don't have to face my Ice Climbers, haha.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
What the heck!? Why the change!? Come on...

I don't know if I will be able to come to this now. Is there at least a valid reason why it was changed?

Its a conspiracy just so you guys don't have to face my Ice Climbers, haha.
You're broken. I respect you though.

Do people not like the date? It will be two weeks after the last tourney. I think two weeks is just fine. Sucks Kurtis can't make it though.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Dang it yoshiken... don't crush my hopes and dreams.
Hobbling is so much easier to do than a normal cg (rob seems to be the easiest for me to do).... so I believe in youuuu. Just lemme win next time pls.

Like az needed more robs anyways... ;=;

gonna rep :luigi2: & :rob: & :dk2:

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hobbling is definitely easiest for me in friendlies and in training mode lol, but when it comes to an actual tournament setting the nervousness gets to me, and with all all the different nonsense that takes place in hobbling, it becomes the hardest haha.

Also, I thought that we agreed months ago that during the school year tournaments would be every three weeks. I mean, my major is Astronautical Engineering. My homework is practically eternal and it takes a lot of effort to schedule between all that :(.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
K9 was hired to be the tourney advertiser for Gaming Zone, and set up a tourney on the 10th (without telling me). But because I don't want to get in the way of his first gig, I told him it was okay to continue his plans of holding a tourney that day.

Unfortunately I can't make the tourney on the 10th either. :/ But I do plan on making up for that by hosting a Round Robin at my place on the 17th.

:phone:

Top Bottom