• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Smash House Presents: AZ Deadlock

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona Smash House Presents:
"AZ Deadlock"
Tourney 3/4 of Season.
DATE
January 29th, 2011

Schedule

Friendlies/MMs/Early Registration: 12:00 AM

BRAWL DOUBLES: 1:30 PM

Break: (imediately after Brawl Doubles)

BRAWL SINGLES POOLS: 4:00 PM

BRAWL SINGLES BRACKET: 5:00 PM

Break: (imedaitely after brawl singles)

Draft Crews: 8:00 PM

Friendlies/MMs/Food Decision: (immeadiately)

All is brawl link

Setups

Brawl Set-ups
1. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
4. Venue
5. Venue
6. Venue
7. Venue
8. Venue

Recording set-ups
1. Venue
2. TommyDerMeister
3. Stevo

Arizona Smash House
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call

TOURNEY FEES/POT SPLITS

BRAWL SINGLES $10 per person

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

BRAWL DOUBLES $5 per person

1-5 Teams

1st: 70%

6-10 Teams

1st: 60%
3rd: 10%

11+ teams

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

GENERAL RULES

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.

3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

* The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.

* Drugs and Alcohol should be prohibited at most tournaments due to minor involvement and potential legal issues.

* Initiating ANY suicide move results in a victory for the person who initiated it

* Ice climbers infinite is legal up until 200%

* 40 Ledge grab Rule: You cannot grab the ledge any more than 40 times in any match. Breaking this rule results in an automatic loss, if the game goes to time.

* The Tournament Organizer has the final say period.

STAGES

NEUTRAL

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICK

* Brinstar
* Battleship Halabard
* Castle Siege
* Delphino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Picto Chat

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

Kira- 480 - 294- 9440 (CALL or TEXT)

Bryce- 480 - 440- 4199 (CALL or TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
yay! a new tourney!!!!

FIRST

and IDK about staying til sunday but I'll be there all saturday so if it has to go for 2 days I might be SOL

I'll bring a setup and a TV if needed

is it just me or has the list of counterpicks gotten even smaller? not even pictochat made it this time :(

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
-THIS TOURNAMENT! I will be enforcing a pre registering on the day of to get things going faster. As in when you walk through that door you MUST have your money ready for Brawl DOUBLES and Brawl SINGLES, or which ever ones you are planing on entering

-Brawl Doubles WILL start at 1:30!!!!! No minute later. If you are not here at this time. I will be starting bracket !!! If you are going to be even one minute later then 1:30 you MUST!!!! call me, chris, or bryce (numbers at the bottom of tourney info) I will register you in and I will postpone your match. this doesnt mean your safe though. YOU WILL BE DQed if you not here when everyone else is finished with their matches in that current round .

-This tournament we WILL utilize our Break Periods for food! One break after doubles and one Break after Singles Bracket. Eat at your own risk.....If You are hungry and its not on a break period, and your match comes up with you not being there. YOU ARE DQed. Notify me before you want to go and ill advise you if you should go or not at the time.

-Draft Crews will happen after the second Break! Draft Crews is free for everybody!

-Tommy please bring your recording set up !

also torgo tell me those stages that the BBR updated it too. im going to add them to the stages list.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I should be able to make it to this tourney! :) I hope the Melee people come and bring a setup too! I love Peach!! w00t!!

Also...

DK Speed DK,

Let's have a $25 money match. Put your money where your mouth is.

<3
Silly Kyle

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
kira's quitting? :'(

I hope that you end up coming back to brawl, our matches were always a blast

will you at least be able to do friendlies?

also looks like DKspeedDK is gonna lose $25 to silly kyle :p get ***** XD

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Lol i know like four different people saying that they are coming for silly kyle's throat this tourney. not gunna reveal any names..... quite yet heh heh

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely be there, and I will make sure to absolutely have no other arrangements during that weekend.

and good job Kira on being assertive in making sure that this tournament starts on time.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah yoshiken. i ****ing love tentacruel and tentacool. theyre so boss.

and RBY tentacruel looks especially boss.

p.s. kira's not quitting. lol

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I should make it. My parents have some friends coming in town, but I think I'm going to be able to get away with it. I'll be there Friday-Sunday in that case. Could be fun?

I hate this game

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nah Kira's a smart man. An awkward man who says silly things on occasion, but a smart man nontheless.

I mean, look at all you morons not playing Melee and substituting being passable at a laughably easy game for skill, and or fun.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Update!!!!!!!

Stage List update!
This Tournament we will be testing out the BBR 9 neutral stage strike list and counter pick stagelist.
You may see the new changes in the tourney info at the bottom.
This is Optional between players when they do their match.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I like the tourney name this time. All the other ones sucked.

Actually, Night Shade was cool, but the rest sucked orphan dick.

-THIS TOURNAMENT! I will be enforcing a pre registering on the day of to get things going faster. As in when you walk through that door you MUST have your money ready for Brawl DOUBLES and Brawl SINGLES, or which ever ones you are planing on entering

-Brawl Doubles WILL start at 1:30!!!!! No minute later. If you are not here at this time. I will be starting bracket !!! If you are going to be even one minute later then 1:30 you MUST!!!! call me, chris, or bryce (numbers at the bottom of tourney info) I will register you in and I will postpone your match. this doesnt mean your safe though. YOU WILL BE DQed if you not here when everyone else is finished with their matches in that current round .

-This tournament we WILL utilize our Break Periods for food! One break after doubles and one Break after Singles Bracket. Eat at your own risk.....If You are hungry and its not on a break period, and your match comes up with you not being there. YOU ARE DQed. Notify me before you want to go and i'll advise you if you should go or not at the time.
Thank heavens, you better enforce this shit, I swear to god.

Tommy please bring your recording set up!
ok. do i need to bring a TV again too? if so, i call the kitchen.

Lol i know like four different people saying that they are coming for silly kyle's throat this tourney. not gunna reveal any names..... quite yet heh heh
oh shit... make it 5, I need to redeem myself from last time.

Thanks!

Haha, Tentacruel is where its at. He doesn't take crap from anyone.
Yeah dude, your avatar is sick. I caught a shiny tentacool in the wild once in FireRed, I must say shiny tentacruel is pretty sick.

Kira is a ******
science.

love you.

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
kira's quitting? :'(

I hope that you end up coming back to brawl, our matches were always a blast

will you at least be able to do friendlies?

also looks like DKspeedDK is gonna lose $25 to silly kyle :p get ***** XD
Dude why would you even post that???

1. You're stupid for posting this.

2. You suck at brawl.

3. You've been playing Kirby for over a year and you're still terrible.

4. You can't even beat Burt's Falco when all he did was laser and up smash. Don't even think about johning Falco because my KIRBY can beat Burt's Falco.

5. You maybe the worst double player ever. You team with a DK and camp the whole game while the other team 2v1s him.

6. You're literally the joke of the Arizona brawl scene.

@Silly Kyle-i'll think about it.

I know who ate my pizza at the last brawl tournament, and I hope to god you don't show your face at another tournament.

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
Dude why would you even post that???

1. You're stupid for posting this.

2. You suck at brawl.

3. You've been playing Kirby for over a year and you're still terrible.

4. You can't even beat Burt's Falco when all he did was laser and up smash. Don't even think about johning Falco because my KIRBY can beat Burt's Falco.

5. You maybe the worst double player ever. You team with a DK and camp the whole game while the other team 2v1s him.

6. You're literally the joke of the Arizona brawl scene.

@Silly Kyle-i'll think about it.

I know who ate my pizza at the last brawl tournament, and I hope to god you don't show your face at another tournament.
O.o all I said was that I think silly kyle would win, so pretty much everything you've said is irrelevant. I'm just calling as I see it as an observer, there's no reason to get upset and attack me.

when was the last time I ever claimed that I was good by the way?

and if you're pissed because you think that I was the one who stole your pizza or something then you're just plain wrong, I brought my own food to that tournament.

-.- I don't see how anything I've done to you warranted this kind of reaction

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Good news Figured out the problem with my recording set up! And my bro has another one as well.
there will be a lot of recording this tourney, bring your A-game this saturday

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Torgo...shut up lol. And the pizza comment wasn't towards you. And I saw your post on the pr thread...."ice climbers are hard". That's why they aren't played all too much, they are difficult. You can't handle kirby so why try ic's? Not that I'm any better at the game, but when I played Kirby I consistently beat you in the dittos you wanted to do so bad. You would think that playing so much now you would be better, but from what I hear...your worse if anything.

STAGES

NEUTRAL

* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island
* Smashville
Recommended for 3+ stage starter list

* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium
Recommended for 5+ stage starter list

* Final Destination
* Castle Siege
Recommended for 7+ stage starter list

* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd
Recommended for 9 stage starter list

COUNTERPICK

* Brinstar
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Picto Chat
* Jungle Japes
* Norfair
And are these really the stages we're doing? These are terrible :/

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Thanks for the feedback easy mac, I was going to try this new thing thing out to how people would like it but idk, just depends on what more people say. as I said before as well. in your matches just because this is a test for now, if you want to do it the orignal way thats still fine.

Also Stop being douches to torgo or i wont let you in my house. Its annoying to come on here all the time to only always see hate messages. I wont Tolerate it. so get over it

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Stop being mean to torgo??? When he makes ******* post saying im going to get ***** and ****

**** torgo for real.
Wtf?

If you NEED an explanation, he wasn't saying it to be a ***** or anything, he's a good guy. This is highly unnecessary, even if he did mean it so what? The best thing that you can do is prove him wrong.

Perhaps it's just that something else is bothering you, idk, but we're all grown-ups here (most of us anyways), so please don't do this, you're going to humiliate yourself with how you're acting. Stop while you can.

Also, me and Chris and huevoyoshi should be going, just gotta talk to my dad about it a bit more, he changes his mind so suddenly sometimes. -.-'

Top Bottom