• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona's Power Rankings (11/01/07)

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh, I wanted to make the power rankings all pretty like socal's, or utah's, or like other states' power rankings but that required time I didn't have the past few days, so I haven't posted them yet. lol...I'll just post them tomorrow in the same format as the old power rankings because of you all getting impatient.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Arizona's Power Rankings (Top 15)

Panelists for these power rankings are:

1. Trent
2. Dark
3. Taj
4. B-Will
5. EnixMoogle

The number at the right of the name represents the number of points the person received out of a possible 75 from the five panelists.​

--1. Forward (74)
2. Wobbles (68)
--2. Taj (68)
--4. BloodoftheFallen (60)
--5. Light (55)
6. Brandon (50)
7. Axe (40)
N8. SouthPaw (38)
9. Butters (29)
N10. Ruben (24)
N11. ChaosTheory (22)
N11. Hanki (22)
N13. AZenith (14)
N14. Dark (13)
N15. Wakka (11)

Runner Up: CoreyGames (9)

Also for a comprehsive list of regions where each smasher in AZ lives:

The official where the f**k do you live? thread
Who's responsible for this abomination?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, i dont think enixmoogle had anything to do with it, but i do agree that Yamer should be put on the list, but only thing that stopped me from doing so was he has barely competed in tournies here. so he really hasnt been that active as of yet, except for SAST2.
Wakka is Joe, aka Kyne and some other names i dont know

AXE 09

Smash Master
yay! number 7! lucky number lol. HANKI AT NUMBER 11?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? that's nonsense! dude, last time i fought hanki, he owned me so hard that i couldn't even breathe.

also, VECTORMAN PWNS! he should totally be on that list! darn you tim for not going to tourneys! you need to come with us so you can get ranked lol

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, the panelists were dark, trent, philippe, tony, and I (which reminds me, I need to update the panelist list).

Second, I'm sorry if some of you disagree with the list. However, that is bound to happen. No matter what list is generated, the said list will never, ever please EVERYONE.

because of this, the best we can do is try to come up with the most accurate results possible. In order to do this, a panel of five people in the state were chosen not necessarily by skill but by involvement in AZ's tourney scene.

Trent has been around forever and still continues to go to tournies. I think he is one of the most knowledgable smashers in the state as far as the tourney scene. Philippe hasn't been around quite as bit as Trent but has still been around for a while, and he has made it to almost every tourney in Arizona as of late; driving distance does not stop him from making a tourney in AZ. Same with Dark; he has made it to every tourney in arizona and has showed up to pretty much every tourney in Tucson, at least to all of the ones I hosted. He knows the AZ tourney scene very well.

Tony is Tony. He has been around forever, he still goes to tournies.

I think that these four are more than qualified to make a list. I believe that I am the least qualified to offer input of us five, and will be giving up my spot on the panelists' list. However, despite not being to tournies recently, I think that the power rankings list that I made was an educated list and was carefully researched before making it.

That being said, again, there is no way to make the perfect list. There will always be disputes. But I can say that the five people serving as panelists are more than qualified to represent Arizona and its power rankings.

If you aren't happy with your placement on the list, do better in tournies or show up to more. For example, I think hanki isn't ranked as high as he should be because he just hasn't been around, minus SAST2. Ruben potentially could be ranked higher but he is still very new. Corey, I still don't think people are familiar enough with what you can do, hence you ranked that low.... etc.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Glendale and Yamer need representation but I guess not enough representation in tournies I guess.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I haven't been in the AZ scene for the last few months, but I know all the players on the list except for Ruben, and I can tell you that the list looks legit to me. Unless Toro has been placing well in tournies, which I'm not sure if he has, I don't see how you can justify putting him on the list. Wakka = Joe right? I would choose his Samus over the other candidates, but that's my opinion. I mean nothing personal by these comments, just stating my opinion.

AXE 09

Smash Master
great speech B-will :) i totally agree with you on everything you said, ESPECIALLY that last paragraph and the second one too

Corigames

Smash Hero
Corey, I still don't think people are familiar enough with what you can do, hence you ranked that low.... etc.
Maybe that's for the better... I like surprise butt-sex more than just sticking it in the pooper, you know?

Still, I beat Butters in a MM :p

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
Does Enix not play anymore?

Not really, LOL! <3 Then again if people want to play with me and will split the cost of booze I'm totally down!

Anyway, as for the power rankings

"--1. Forward (74)
2. Wobbles (68)
--2. Taj (68)
--4. BloodoftheFallen (60)
--5. Light (55)
6. Brandon (50)
7. Axe (40)
N8. SouthPaw (38) (What tournament or event has occurred for Coty to appear so high?)
9. Butters (29) (Didn't he beat Coty at the last tournament they both went to?)
N10. Ruben (24)
N11. ChaosTheory (22)
N11. Hanki (22)
N13. AZenith (14) (Nice job beating butters!)
N14. Dark (13)
N15. Wakka (11) (WTF! <3 Joe!)

I generally like the ranking, but after looking at the last tournament and from word of mouth it seems to me like it should be.

8.Butters
9.SP
10Ruben
11.Yamer (if were just sticking people in similarly like Coty!)
12.Hanki
12.ChaosTheory
14.AZenith
15.Dark

Just my 2 cents having been a panelist before. Don't think you guys should change it, but stuff to consider if you guys were thinking about changing it again really soon. I imagine if you don't tournament results will show something similar to this with the only difference being Zenith will be placed higher and Hanki possibily higher too. Yamer will end up top 10.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
N8. SouthPaw (38) (What tournament or event has occurred for Coty to appear so high?)
9. Butters (29) (Didn't he beat Coty at the last tournament they both went to?)
The only times I have ever seen butters in tournament were in teams, never singles... and both times my team won.

As far as my events, no tournaments within the past month or two, i placed fourth at ohsnap3 being my most recent tournament in august (over several well known texas players), and i've been to several of goops fests, where the only person who could beat me consistently is light

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
at goops fests, where the only person who could beat me consistently is light
Thats fair, but normally panelists don't consider anything, but tournies and MMs or out of state tournament showings. Just thinking it's weird. Personally I think considering "smash fests" for ranking should be frowned upon.

Edit:

Also who's to say that if Butters could go to those, he wouldn't lose to anyone, but Light? If he went maybe you'd be saying you lose to everyone, but Light and Butters. I'm just saying we don't know, there is no data for it. Clearly they think your showing is adequate, but I'm not sure that they should. What if you stopped going and Yamer beat everyone, but Light, should he be above you and Butters?

Anyway! Don't care, god dammit Smash! I have homework to do!

Edit number 2: Look at this, one night of smash and all of a sudden I care again, **** this! LOL!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Even though I don't really think I deserve my new spot, I guess I get to celebrate with a new signature and a new avatar. Woo!

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Maybe that's for the better... I like surprise butt-sex more than just sticking it in the pooper, you know?

Still, I beat Butters in a MM :p
Not that this matters but wasn't he like...baked? I mean, he offered to MM you when he was sober but you denied...HMMMM??? I sense a weakness in you my friend

Goop

Smash Journeyman
haha Hanki starting a flame war. Millions of lines of text will DIE.

List looks fair to me. Congrats to Joe/Kyne/Wakka (WTF) for making the list and also various others like Darkness and Phillipe.

Edit: I made typos :(

Top Bottom