• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
lvl9- Hey, don't you forget about me too! :laugh: My Captain Falcon has been itching to plant some knees into peoples faces, these guys look like good punching bags. :)

Oh and if you want - Me and Chamber vs 8bit and Desperado? 2/3 MM? Put up or shut up, yes I am ballsy enough to say this.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to play tomorrow? Ive played smash once since INN IV and that was for like 5 min. I need to practice before we beat up on these new guys anyway:chuckle:
Saber- i dont mind driving to Jonesboro tomorrow if so.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hells yeah I'll play you, finally someone is willing to drive down here to play smash...I am so happy! :cry:

Hell, you doing anything tonight? I don't know if you would want to but you could always come down here like right now, I got a bed for you and everything if you want to stay, oh...and free, yes I said, free gas for you for coming down here. Get Chamber to carpool down here with you!

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Dang ! I guess the Falcon knees are really itching lol. Sorry but it'l have to be tomorrow. Ill call Chamber to see if he wants to come too. PM me your # and Ill call you tomorrow.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I'd totally be up for carpooling over there tomorrow. I haven't played smash with decent people in so long.

And yes, a team MM with Chamber/Saber vs 8-bit/Desperado is the only way to settle this battle of egos!

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
oh thats cool. i guess im not good enough to be in the MM. :( I see how it is... I was thinking more of crew battle type match anyway, but w/e. Because of that post, I dont like you anymore Chamberlin :mad: welcome to my ignore list buddy

8Bit

Smash Cadet
I'm going to finalize our characters. Using only one character limits you, but too many prevents you from fully mastering your technique. We've settled on 3 a piece.

-8Bit-
Sheik
Roy
Peach

-Desperado-
Marth
Luigi
Ice Climbers

-Big T-
Link
Dr. Mario
Y. Link

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
I main Pichu but sometimes i play DK if i get ***** with him. for my last id say the turtle with spikes on his back, I cant remember his name.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
DAYMN this Shi-t is HOT! We look to be having a good ole throw down in the works. :laugh: I want to smash now!

Chamber-Sweet, get your *** over here, lets play some smash! We should practice for teams to, though...we can't really cause we only got 3 people lol.

Lvl9- Crew battle would be cool, and hey...you are our secret weapon, we don't want to show you off yet until they least expect it. :)

Hope you guys make it tomorrow, when you comin? Try to get here ASAP, if so I could drive us to J-boro and we could play my friends there to get team practice. That way it will save you guys some gas.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
I really hope you guys are up to snuff. I've never seen a good Pichu before (never thought it was possible either), but Desperado used to use DK all the time, but that was way back before I used Sheik. Back then my main was easily Roy, and I owned him. We had another guy back then that used Falco too. I dominated him as well, although he was a very asymmetrical Falco. Do not dissapoint me.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
We're trying to put together a tournament in Russelville. I'll let everyone know when we get anymore details. Looking for somewhere to host it right now.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
We're trying to put together a tournament in Russelville. I'll let everyone know when we get anymore details. Looking for somewhere to host it right now.
Just let us know when you start up your tourny. I know I'll be there to take your money. :chuckle:

lvl9- Hey Sabre was the one who suggested the team MM, so please don't put me on your ignore list... because... *sniff* *sniff*.... you're gonna make me cry :( Oh yeah, and when are you going to play someone else besides Pichu for a change? I know you were thinking about switching to Mewtwo at some point.

I'll be getting out of church at 12:00 tomorrow, then I'll give Lvl9 a call and discuss the carpool to Jonesboro.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Good time Chamber and lvl9, thanks for coming over and smashing with me, it's been awhile since I've been able to smash with good people heh. You guys coming to the EB tourny this Sat? I'm gonna be going just for fun, maybe beat up on random noobs along the way lol.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
brent
little rock

falco
doc
marth

me and my friends play near ULAR and we would like to get a tourney started in little rock

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff Brent, get a tourny going and no doubt me and Chamberlin will be there along with lvl9. They both live in Little Rock as well so you should give them a holla if you wanna smash. You three could also carpool down here if you want to, they did it last weekend, it might be my turn to drive up there though lol.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
INNsomia and the biweeklies where are they both held. if anyone can just post all of the specs i would apreciate it greatly.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Here's the main post and the Url for the main thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80441

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Sept 8th!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important update (8/29):

Biweeklies are back in business!

Mostly. Everything will be the same as they've always been, with one slight change: Fri night/Sat morning instead of Sat night/Sun morning. A day earlier!

Fund raising will be in full force. Goal, again, is 1k bonus to pot!

Without further hesitation, the important infomation...

So, as you may, or may not, know... INNsomnia is the biggest thing to hit the Memphis/Mid-South area since Melee was released. So my question to you is: Why aren't you a part of it?

Now's your time to get involved in the legacy that is INNsomnia. Every INNsomnia has been bigger than the last not only on the board, but at the tournament itself. INNsomnia IV had 62 people enter singles, with first place taking home $1,001!!!!!!!

Remember... INNsomnia is run with a LOCAL feel. This is nothing but greatness. No corporate bs. No red tape. Just smash at it's best.

Anyway, we're going to be pushing BiWeekly mini-torunies starting now until INNsomnia V. There isn't a date for INN V yet, but it's in the works, I promise.

The BiWeeklies will run with the following format:

Pizza Inn's address:

190 Shoppingway Blvd
West Memphis, AR 72301

ENTRY FEE will be $10 for the tourney

Food will be provided (pizza/drinks) for $5

Unless otherwise mentioned, all the biweeklies will be Saturday from midnight - whenever (shooting for about 4-5)...

Doubles will be played as interest permits. Doubles would be $10 per person ($20 per team)

THE POT will be split: 1/2 goes to INN V pot, other 1/2 goes to winners.

So, for Example, if there's $50 worth of entry fee... $25 goes to INN IV pot, $25 goes to winners.

Rules - Just like the real thing:

• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• Brackets will be 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Stages:
• First stage is limited to the 7 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.
• Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (see note in Special Team Rules), Kirby 64, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokémon Stadium
• Banned Stages: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island (Pipes) and Termina Bay
• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

----------------------------------------
The BiWeeklies will be ran just like the normal minifests. We will start ASAP (depending on if I have to work or not) which is at 11:00pm (if I don't have to work) or midnight (if I do have to work) or some other announced time (in case my schedule changes, but it's not supposed to until after June).
----------------------------------------

Additional Notes:
Money matches, friendlies, etc. will be happening whenever one can be squeezed in. However, please do not slow down the pace of the tourney due to friendlies. Money matches are excusable (but please, be smart about the timing and choice of when), but friendly matches will forfeit if a tourney or money match needs the setup. This isn't being rude, just common sense. Match tier list is: tourney > money > friendly. Respect the tier!

Also, due to player request, building will be a NO SMOKING facility. Please be kind enough to step outside for a smoke. Thanks for the cooperation.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

In other words just play fair and have fun!

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
are there usually alot of people at these biweeklys. the last tourny i went to was mlg dallas and there where so many really good smashers there that i only won 2 matches
ps. does anyone from arkansas have any vids of them playing.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Seifersythe

Trace
Little Rock
Doctor Mario

brent
little rock

falco
doc
marth

me and my friends play near ULAR and we would like to get a tourney started in little rock
Thanks for directing me here.

You're most likely the guy I talked to in the computer lab at UALR aren't ya? I'll come over and Smash with you guys just about any time if you want.
Nope, that would be me. I live at the apartments behind the school at F102. Come over anytime you'd like.

are there usually alot of people at these biweeklys. the last tourny i went to was mlg dallas and there where so many really good smashers there that i only won 2 matches
ps. does anyone from arkansas have any vids of them playing.
Yeah, all of us got soundly stomped. It was the best thing for our game though. In the months after the tourney our skills improved dramatically. It really helped to see what worked, what didn't and what was possible.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Nah, it's the Fair Park apartments. Me and my roomates are free after 2:30, but I leave for work at 5. Saturday we're free from noon onward. We're at F102 and 103, either one.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Any little rock area peeps want to smash tonight or monday. Are you guys off monday?

8Bit

Smash Cadet
There isn't a specific date yet, but Desperado, Blink, and myself are going to try and be there.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
I thought that too, but someone told me that it was just the biweeklies restarting that day. I don't think we have a clear date yet.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Sept 8th is when the biweeklies are going to start again, not the actual INNsomnia.

Lvl9 - I'm off Monday, but right now I don't know what I'm doing, I might have to work but if not I will either call you or post on here.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
So,

I played the guys at UALR. They're pretty good, and should definately go to the bi-weeklies with us this Friday night. Can you say carpool anyone?

Top Bottom