• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Just beat Xenoblade earlier today. Man, that game was reallllly good. Enjoyed it probably more than any other new RPG I've played in 5 years or so.

It and Persona are really, really trying to make their ways into my top ten.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
G. Vice, I bought Xenoblade too and haven't really played it. It kinda took a backseat when D3 came out, but, I think I'm ready to play it now. I might start it tonight.

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice, I bought Xenoblade too and haven't really played it. It kinda took a backseat when D3 came out, but, I think I'm ready to play it now. I might start it tonight.

YES! Let me give you some advice. Do the quests in each town along the way. You'll be glad you did. I decided to uber fight and go through the story, and had to go back and do level 1 quests at the end of the game. Really took something away from it.

Also, the music is SO GOOD.

blulitskye

Smash Rookie
have i been replaced by memk in LoL?

ive been really busy/broke since ive returned from canada, @.@;; i now have 4 jobs... once i get settled in my new jorb ill get back to that top lane otherwise, hope you guys have fun wherever it is youre going.. XD

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
have i been replaced by memk in LoL?

ive been really busy/broke since ive returned from canada, @.@;; i now have 4 jobs... once i get settled in my new jorb ill get back to that top lane otherwise, hope you guys have fun wherever it is youre going.. XD
WHAT are you talking about?

blulitskye

Smash Rookie
oh sorry, i was a bit tired when i posted that..
i was just wondering what teams they were running in LoL and if you had replaced me..

and the separate thought that seemed to get lost in that post was that i hoped that everyone who's going to that tourney, wherever it is, has a good time..

i also, in the aforementioned post, lamented on how i have 4 jobs now and woe is me... im okay though, i just cant play LoL =(

i hope that clears things up for you!1 =)

and to yoshi: is it william jennings bryan or robert browning?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby are you going to want to smash today?

I've been calling you for the past few days and I can't decide if you're doing homework, playing LoL, or both.

Edit*

I love this song. Dang, it's sad but it's so good. VTS it reminds me of your situation...although it's really sad the premise is how he can't wait to see her again, and it treasures what they had. I heard it the other day, and just thought I'd share since I'm always sharing music in here. Arby, you've probably heard it since you like classics, ya'll may all have for that matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_sEtNrYlC4

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Arby are you going to want to smash today?

I've been calling you for the past few days and I can't decide if you're doing homework, playing LoL, or both.
He has midterms today.

Oh and Ethan, we've yet to replace you. Jason came back but there's still a terrible empty place where our Renekton should be. :(

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Vice it's midterms week :(

@Last Kiss it's definitely one of their best and a great cover of a great song

Has the 100 Years type of sentimentality going on. Like death is the only thing separating them.

Also that Peter Bjorn & John song is really good Vts.

blulitskye

Smash Rookie
hey yoshi, i was commenting on the desktop image you posted earlier.. the one with the nerv logo, god's in his heaven, the snails on the thorn bit.. im fairly certain its a poem by robert browning.. but you mightve been typing about the desktop itself, im not sure.. XD

ill be back to LoL in a little bit... XD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Uhhhh guys. Can we either start playing smash a little or drop this notion of going to FC? Because I don't wanna walk in there if I'm not playing anywhere close to my best.

So yeah, it'll depend on how I feel at the end of this week whether or not I go :/

Vts

Smash Champion
Uhhhh guys. Can we either start playing smash a little or drop this notion of going to FC? Because I don't wanna walk in there if I'm not playing anywhere close to my best.

So yeah, it'll depend on how I feel at the end of this week whether or not I go :/
Practice tech skill like me to make sure movement is good and when we do play we work on di/combos/reading . But you are going, if you want to play tonight just say I get off at 9:30 I'll call you

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Practice tech skill like me to make sure movement is good and when we do play we work on di/combos/reading . But you are going, if you want to play tonight just say I get off at 9:30 I'll call you
I can play tonight. Only deal is we need to play at Arby's and he doesn't exist this week due to school :/

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Guys, starting on August 19th I'm going to be having Saturdays off work again! Now with Roman living in Springfield, we are going to start traveling to tournaments that are within a 4 hour radius of Springfield. So yeah....what's up?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Guys, starting on August 19th I'm going to be having Saturdays off work again! Now with Roman living in Springfield, we are going to start traveling to tournaments that are within a 4 hour radius of Springfield. So yeah....what's up?
Sounds awesome, and sounds like you should push the envelope to 4.5 hrs so you can attend some Arkansas fests and get crushed by Ganons, Ice Climbers, and Ganons.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah but is there more than one good Ganon is Arkansas?

Saberguy is actually pretty decent with ganon. And not bad at Ganon dittos.

He was giving me alot of trouble in lots of matchups last night actually. He beat me in a Ganon ditto, and was taking games off me with almost all of his characters. He never plays, but he's definitely good. I only felt a distinct advantage when he played his CF.

But no, I was just indicating how badly I would crush you Michael :)

<3

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Wasn't Saberguy only at that one Pathways? I don't remember him coming to another one. If he was at MIST I don't remember playing him.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wasn't Saberguy only at that one Pathways? I don't remember him coming to another one. If he was at MIST I don't remember playing him.
He was at two tournies. One that he got first at, March 2011, then the big one later that year in June that Atma won. He did not attend MIST.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
AHHHHHHAAHAHA! I'VE DONE IT

[COLLAPSE="IT'S TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE"]
[/COLLAPSE]

It took me awhile to gather the right programs to easily edit and merge the new subtitle file together, but I've done it. Now for the satisfying process of taking my collection and administering custom Seifsubs™ to the lot of them.

Some of the main ideas I'm planning on implement.

1. A unified font across all shows. Something reserved yet easy on the eyes. I've always been partial to SS-Eclipse's font choice with Clannad. [COLLAPSE="what do you guys think?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

2. No kanji subs at all

3. No group logos or fansubber handles in OP/ED.

4. Insert song subs would be put on an additional subtitle track, if at all. The only exception would be in-show singing or things of that nature. I'm a fan of Mazuri's method used on the Angel Beats concerts: If the singing is the primary focus of the scene then it's subbed, but if people start talking over it or the focus shifts to other subjects then it'll be unsubbed.

5. No "Nii-san", "Aniki", "Bento" nonsense. If there's a word with a common English equivalent then the Japanese has got to go. Fandom loanwords like 'Tsundere' and "Moe' would be kept if it's being used in a fandom context. Haven't decided about Honorifics. Probably on a show by show basis.

6. No Karaoke effects. At all. Gone. Bye-bye. Also haven't decided if OP/ED will be subtitled on the default track or on an additional one. Maybe just the English translation on default and the second track would contain all the romaji + English?

Would any of you be interested in this? Any input is appreciated.

Also, I have an 11 day (paid)vacation starting next Monday. We should get the twins down so we can finish Hellsing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
VTS/Arby/Yoshiman/FC Attendant-

When are we leaving for FC? I have 2 friends who are getting married...and I am hoping and praying that it's not on the 10th when their wedding is.

...status pending :/

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I am testing out the FireFox browser on my Android since I've been having problems on smashboards with the default browser since updating to 4.0. This one seems to be workiing rather well. Thank you for allowing me to test in your topic.

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Hey all, new to Fayetteville and pretty new to competitive smash (met/got stomped by some of you at the most recent pathways) looking to game. Pm me

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You know what? I've tried to contact people for smash like 2-3 times this week already for smash, and I get no answer from Arby, which I suspect means LoL. Confirmed by Yoshiman.

Quote of the day:

Me: "So ya'll are probably going to play League all night, huh?"
Yoshi: "Probably."
Me: "You mean you don't wanna play smash?"
Yoshi: "...Isn't it a little late for smash?"

It's 8:45 and "it's too late for smash?"...just say you don't wanna play smash and quit feeding me a load.

Arby, something's up with you. I bring Eradicator over, and he comes over like what? Once every 6 months? And you're so hung up on that stupid game that you can't manage to play more than a couple games with him? Even when you're smashing, you're not smashing, you're mindlessly giving "lip service" between LoL matches.

I hate league for what it's doing to the smash scene. And now when we all go to FC and suck, the whole ride back we'll hear about how we should have played more for prep, and how we gotta pick it up when we get back. Then everyone will come back and play League. Screw League.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
My smash spirit was stomped into the ground after months of being forced to play like a ******. Now I can only play for a little bit at a time before getting bored. This will surely change when I break in the new controller, but as for now I have acquired a pretty short attention span. It's honestly because I've forgotten how to play the game for real, because I couldn't for so long. Now I only get sad and bored trying anything.

I played AK until you wanted in, then everyone else played him. I didn't care to stick around on a four person rotation.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
:(
We are more than a smash community Vice. We are community regardless of whether we smash or not. I hope we all can remain friends whether or not we become soulless smashless fools. Smash has brought us together doesn't mean it has to keep us together as well.
Man this sounded gay and naive
Will stop talking now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Arby! Please play more smash dude. You have way too much talent to waste it. You used to love smash, what happened? Quit talking about breaking in the new controller and just do it. You guys have a lot of talent there in Arkansas and to see you waste it on a silly game like LoL is very sad :( It's good to take breaks from smash and all, but don't quit. Watch some vids from Rule 6 and you'll be hyped about Melee again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
please don't quit arby i need to beat ur *** next time we fight and you better not be rusty when i do it

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
@g vice, you 4 stocked then 3 stocked me in my first match at pathways. I need to practice to become less bad at future tourneys

G. Vice

Smash Lord
:(
We are more than a smash community Vice. We are community regardless of whether we smash or not. I hope we all can remain friends whether or not we become soulless smashless fools. Smash has brought us together doesn't mean it has to keep us together as well.
Man this sounded gay and naive
Will stop talking now.

I understand that we're friends and we do more than smash, but friends answer phone calls. Friends make an effort to hang out ya know? And honestly, I understand that you guys like League, but I really do know that some of ya'll are kinda addicted and using that as an excuse to not smash at all.

Ya'll can do what you want, i'm just sad that league has taken up such so much time that we can't even get together to smash or watch anime together these days.

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Anyone in the NWA area wanna smash sometime in this next week hit me up, I've got a place in Fayetteville. PM me or something

Vts

Smash Champion
I understand that we're friends and we do more than smash, but friends answer phone calls. Friends make an effort to hang out ya know? And honestly, I understand that you guys like League, but I really do know that some of ya'll are kinda addicted and using that as an excuse to not smash at all.

Ya'll can do what you want, i'm just sad that league has taken up such so much time that we can't even get together to smash or watch anime together these days.
I agree, I'm slowly leaning away from league right now (removed off my computer cus i had to restore my computer). I have more important things on my mind right now like getting ready for this tournament. Overall league is fun it's just not as rewarding as playing smash is. If this online melee would come out it i would just play that and maybe few other games that are like rpgs but no mmorpg.

the games is slowly making us more anti-social beside hiding behind a screen. We need to go out and do more and things together as friends.

where do you work out g.vice I seriously want to start again.

Top Bottom