• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
This weekend, Friday is my birthday. Anyone who wants to come can, prolly will have the whole house to myself.

As well as an awesome cookie cake.
terrible timing we are going to Tipped off 6 instead ><

really bad timing.

GD ur timing

i really want to come visit you ><

might do that when i can get off next week i work saturday/sunday but i got friday off.

so might come up thrusday night and party all day friday then sleep in drive back around 11 am so i have time before work to get ready.

LordByronXIII

Smash Rookie
Hey. My family just moved to AR and I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself to the AR brawlers.
Byron
Mountain Home AR(summer) U of AL(rest of the time)
R.O.B.
I'm rather new to competitive smash, I've been playing for a long time but just now started to go to tournaments and such. I am looking to get more involved and I thought introducing myself would be a good start. Hope I get the chance to play some of you!

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hey. My family just moved to AR and I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself to the AR brawlers.
Byron
Mountain Home AR(summer) U of AL(rest of the time)
R.O.B.
I'm rather new to competitive smash, I've been playing for a long time but just now started to go to tournaments and such. I am looking to get more involved and I thought introducing myself would be a good start. Hope I get the chance to play some of you!
Sure, I'll play melee with you.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I called again, and this lady tried everything to shift the blame to me. In the end she realized they had wronged me and reaffirmed that I should have gotten the scholarship for this semester. The guy in charge of it is on vacation until Friday, so I'll call him then.

Cash for this trip = selling games

Vts

Smash Champion
I called again, and this lady tried everything to shift the blame to me. In the end she realized they had wronged me and reaffirmed that I should have gotten the scholarship for this semester. The guy in charge of it is on vacation until Friday, so I'll call him then.

For this trip, we are selling games.

Better do that soon lol.

also how many headphone ports does ur pc have cus i can grab a headphone splitter so we don't have to share.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Do you want to come over around 6 and hang out here? Vice said he's coming to smash later after martial arts, so...
I may have to change plans. It depends on what goes on this evening. I've been pretty busy with stuff, so I may have to NOT come smash :(

Then again I might. We shall see.

Btw...how much do you want for your system and games? Remember what I told you once about selling things at pawn shops...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, what DID you tell them?
That if they're gonna sell it super, super cheap that I'll buy it instead of the pawn shops. Especially if we're talking about a 360 and games, cuz that opens up a whole new world games for me to play. And also, if they ever wanted to buy it back, that'd be an option and I don't charge interest.

So yeah. Instead of getting 150 bucks and it being gone forever to the pawn shop, I'll give you 150 and you can use the money as needed. If you get your refund and want it back, it's yours for 150.

Just an idea.

Oh, and I'll call when I'm coming over. I'm gonna just come over til like 11:00 cuz I gotta get up and work out in the morning. So I can't stay til 5 since I'll be up to work out BEFORE then lol.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
So, what's up guys?

I was the guy way back like a couple months ago asking for people to play in Fayetteville. After no one showed interest in here, I started asking people if they've ever play even a little bit more competitively than 4-player-temple-items-on-high matches. Surprisingly, quite a few have, some have have even been to small back door tournaments in their hometowns. Now what I want to ask is how can I start up a tournament (even though I'm not very experienced at the game itself, I have been to some big tourneys though) for beginners, not overwhelm them with rules, and possibly start up a smash scene here?

I was thinking about starting small, as in just people in my dorm one weekend, put up some flyers with pull tabs giving a link to a post made here about the tournament. That post would show the rules, and show what's needed.

Now the next problem is, how the heck do I get set ups? I've got one, but I don't know how to actually get anyone to bring them if there isn't any benefit...

Ideas, suggestions?

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Sorry to sound like a noob but I still don't fully understand what SDI is all I was told is that you use both sticks instead of just the control stick. Someone explain, please and thank you.

Vts

Smash Champion
What about this asian guy? :(
i thought you were a body building mexican my bad bro :D

also one i quit bestbuy in like 4-5 weeks i plan on going to the gym every morning since i'll work nights so i'll go work out with you but i'm a little bit of a weekling :)

going to start up p90x sunday night since i work nights for next few days and finishing off these drugs to help with my sickness

Top Bottom