• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Man, I got like nothing to do and everyone's been in bed since, like 11. I'm gonna head over to the school after grab some food.

-edit- Holy crap, Shroomed is wicked fast.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I was watching the Live Stream when Captain Jack was playing PP in crews and the crowd called for Isai.

Then he got 4 stocked.

Sad times...

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
After playing [Javi] I'm pretty convinced that he's very good, but that he's just ridiculously hard to beat the first time you play him. I know it's just friendlies but all the people that played him in a second set did significantly better (read: in many cases, won) after adjusting.

Also the way apex was run with sunday 9 am brackets, no warm up time, and no melee the day beforehand made the results of this tournament ridiculously weird; it won't happen again >_>
no setups, whack scheduling, and a fair amount of people being sick seemed to contribute to this stuff
they lost partnership with vgbootcamp this time around....some misunderstanding that got silly iirc

we didn't make it to top 8 on friday so we had to come in at NINE IN THE MORNING on Sunday. they didn't start anything until 20 after 10 so I lost an extra hour of sleep for being on time anyway.

no one could play friendlies to get warm because of no setups and trying to get the tournament done(which was mango's/amsah's at least biggest problem imo).
i don't feel like i got better at it like i did at ROM4.

but i executed what i know to just about the best of my ability.
yep

tis a shame, but things at least make sense now

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
And yeah redd... I wish people who weren't there would understand that. Axe lost to stric9 in first round at apex, despite beating him with YL in a pre apex tourney just days beforehand -.- Things just didn't make sense, but it's all good. Apex was soooo weird.
wowzors

sup wobbles admiral, congrats!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah

it was running so late overall, thats why noone had ****ing slept and thats why there were sooooo many stupid upsets
I'm done quoting stuff after this, but I just wanted to paint the current picture of smashboards. Every decent to top player is complaining about apex right now and basically saying the above, i.e. these results don't mean **** except for a few cases.

Vts

Smash Champion
gg, more of their own faults for not sleeping, they had a freaking whole day to sleep

i mean we slept for 16 hours and then were stupid and stayed up... wait maybe they did that also lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Also not playing any tournament melee for a day, then getting to the venue at 9 am to play bracket on no warmup because of the lack of setups. Sleep issues only added to that, as well as sickness. Most insane bracket ever was played out in the back corner of a room with like 16 TVs all crowded together. Awesome.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

This is obviously from the creators of onegai teacher, but with out the teacher. You guys should think about watching!
Toradora/AnoHana/Honey and Clover director and writer. Sounds promising.

I said I'd stop quoting, but this post nails everything I've been trying to say.
There was no Melee day 2, and no warm-ups day 3. It's also bull**** that players AT LEAST in the top 16 aren't playing bo5 sets considering Europe does bo5 for the entire bracket (maybe tournament?). That extra game may have given PP time to adapt to Javi and come back. All of the tournament results are pretty much irrelevant (outside of Javi proving that he is, at the very least, a top contender). I can understand why you would think Apex would have just as much weight as other nationals if you were just watching the stream, but everyone there seemed to realize pretty quickly that the results can't even be compared due to how the tournament was run. It's a shame because I think Alex Strife and the rest of the Apex crew did a spectacular job with a lot of things that never happen at Smash tourneys, but they also fumbled a great deal of the basic ingredients that tournaments have actually been pretty good at.
Now Alex wants to quit because he failed us, which is dumb. Sure he messed up (badly), but his mistakes are easily fixed, and his tourneys can only get better. I do wonder where Saber's 6000 went to... not the payouts, that's for sure.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

This is obviously from the creators of onegai teacher, but with out the teacher. You guys should think about watching!

Hmmmmm

MyAnimeListReview said:
Ever seen the anime Onegai Teacher? Ano Natsu de Matteru is basically a remake of that anime. Though its only had one episode I've already compared the characters from each show. So far each one of them is like the other. The only difference between Onegai Teacher and Ano Natsu de Matteru is the alien girl is younger. Instead of being a teacher in Kaito's school, she is a transfer student. Also, Kaito is making a movie. That definitely sets the two anime apart from one another.

Might check out the Highschool Boys show, though.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I think there was something lacking in his play actually, if Mango trained harder he would've been more dangerous, even in doubles when I played him he wasn't as scary. (Though he busted out a limit break in game 5 and steamrolled me and Chu, but ya...)
Yeah, you guys should watch that fifth match when I upload the set. Mango's fox went offffff.
And Armada trains every single day for like 4-5 hours and it shows definitely.
Sweet Jesus!

Vts

Smash Champion
I know them as that band with the brown cd case lol

so many calls on them like 2 years ago when i first started everyone wanted their cd.

i got work tomorrow morning and i don't wanna go in ><

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
LOL that band is actually kinda popular in modern country. I bet Chamberlin and G.Vice were in the know before I afflicted them with Sic Em on a Chicken :D

watch them feathers flyyyy

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I actually feel worse after watching the Apex matches.

PP was playing so randomly, good lord. Apparently he was sick again, which I think is a pretty compelling john if you just look at his sets. They were uglier than my mama's pork chops.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
triple post but it's a nifty one
@KK, you will always hit if you aim for their feet. Feet is not what you are actually looking at. You are watching the connection between the player and the stage, rather than watching the character as if he has free movement, which they really don't (everything is basically on rails, platforms are airdash and stall opportunities). It is just a simple change in mentality, but it will drastically reduce how difficult it is to follow other players movement and improve your accuracy overall.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I want to play Smash Bros... sadness :(

I'll be done uploading sometime in the next couple hours probably. Maybe I can be the first finished... *strokes chin and other parts*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X4JIgLhrbXk#t=120s
seif special ;)

I'd be done by now if not for these endless pools matches that will get 10 views each. Bracket is already rendered, waiting to be uploaded, but there must be an order to these things! Oh well, time to pass out. Think I'll end on Vts' failure against T. Webb so the whole world can bear witness to his mortification, while I dream of sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, and turning stupid fat rats yellow.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Highway 20 ride hit me hard at the end where brown turned into the kid who's dad was coming to see him. I'm starting to like county music again. It's so easy on the ears and doesn't get old unless you listen to it for 6 years straight.
HIghway 20 ride is powerful, and it had the same effect on me when I heard it. If you want, I can make MANY more suggestions to quality country music.

:)

Arby, I too want to play smash. Maybe this afternoon I can stop by for a few hours. If not today, then maybe tomorrow morning? I'm going to be going back to Bradley, but I don't want to get back before the afternoon since my parents work.

Top Bottom