• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
congrats your slowly become a real player lol
Not sure if seriously directed at me or sarcastically directed at March Hare. :c

Anyway, decided to try out this technique with other characters and it works wonderfully. Although, the characters that I think will have the most use of this is sheik and Ganon, because of their large powerful forward airs. The easiest character to do this with is Sheik, because she has a very specific frame for dash dancing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
it's aim at anyone who thinks it's aim at them lol
"It's AIMED at anyone who thinks it's AIMED at them." How are you passing college?? Lol

Btw Arby/Seif. I just briefly watched a "Let's Play" of FF 3 (aka FFVI) and those guys are such noooooooooobs.

We would have definitely destroyed that game. And they were even getting positive comments. Ugh.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
if that were the case if I hang out with you would it make me buff?
Only if you come to the gym with me :)

Actually I'm fixing to get straight up serious about fitness. I am wanting to get in the best shape of my life. I've already cut out pretty much all "fast food" besides Chipotle occasionally, and I'm upping my protein intake.

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm about to start a work out plan since i'm a skinny mini guy, I want to gain like 20-30 pounds before i'm done with school so 2-3 years, but I want it as muscle not fat, or mix idc lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm about to start a work out plan since i'm a skinny mini guy, I want to gain like 20-30 pounds before i'm done with school so 2-3 years, but I want it as muscle not fat, or mix idc lol
You gaining weight in general would be a good thing. If you put on 10 pounds of fat you'd actually look healthier.

Download this application, and pretty much go by it to the letter. I've lost about 1-2 lbs in the last 2 weeks with it. It's pretty good. Just set yours to "gain weight" instead of lose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Download the application on your phone and go. It might help you.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Getting in shape is easy. Run 2 to 3 miles a day. Eat however much you want constantly. Bam, via magic and a fast metabolism. 140 lbs. the running is a must. Otherwise you're just a fatass.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Getting in shape is easy. Run 2 to 3 miles a day. Eat however much you want constantly. Bam, via magic and a fast metabolism. 140 lbs. the running is a must. Otherwise you're just a fatass.
Yeah, that'd be nice and all. But not all people have perfect feet. I just think about 2-3 miles and my feet start hurting. Shoes and inserts don't help, and I'm not sure if there's a surgical procedure that will fix it.

Otherwise, I'd be running.

So it ain't all that easy for me seeing as how my cardio options are non-existent without a pool. (and my shoulder problem tends to make swimming unadvised)

I really am a man destined to be fat who fights his destiny.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hang out with Arby more. His smarts will definitely rub off on you.

Also, to the Chrono Trigger fan. This absolutely amazed me...like John Meyer himself was a Chrono Trigger fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1e2vv1cpbU
Nice remix.

I went through their recent stuff and saw this one. It's good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmB6MyK_TUU

http://zelda25.ocremix.org/index.html
Also sounds promising! Edit: This is pretty sweet.

Term Balance:
$2,497.25
Term Estimated Financial Aid:
$2,500.00
That's depressing. And I thought I was overestimating when I said the textbooks took the entire check :laugh: :cry:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried out the technique I posted earlier? I would hate to be the only one able to do this.

I'm thinking about posting it up on the main board for everyone to read. The only unfortunate part is I have no way to record these ledge tricks.
I'll mess with it next time I play. Sounds really useful.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hey Arby... I also have some clips for your consideration.

ARK 2 - I use platforms to camp b-airs vs vts almost every match. Also... almost every match recorded vs Ace or Gvice, I use b-airs to edgeguard constantly. You will likely find several b-airs throughout all of my videos. The footage is all golden.

Take a clip of each b-air I do string it together along with some hardcore rap/metal/etc. The name of the video will be "Bairly Legal".
Came across this again. I think there is some real potential here.

With my newfound sea of subscribers, this video could likely become the next Perfect Dark. Clay has unfortunately never appeared in any Arkansas combo video, so this could finally be his time to shine. Then edgehog.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Clay has unfortunately never appeared in any Arkansas combo video
He most certainly has.

He was my first combos 0-death in both Devour I and Devour II.

The real travesty that would be undergone by doing that video would be depriving the world of seeing MY fox.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Came across this again. I think there is some real potential here.

With my newfound sea of subscribers, this video could likely become the next Perfect Dark. Clay has unfortunately never appeared in any Arkansas combo video, so this could finally be his time to shine. Then edgehog.
FINALLY!!! I didn't think anyone would notice... T_T

On another note... I need to play Smash. If I don't keep playing, how am I suppose to keep my backairs sharp!!!!?

Also, my girlfriend really wants to meet you all. We usually don't have set plans on Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights, so we'd be good to come over sometime... including tonight.

Vts

Smash Champion
Umm tonight i get done at like 8-9pm if you want to hang for a little bit, i'll smash a little.

I also started looking for internships for C# language, a London sports website was looking for people lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY!!! I didn't think anyone would notice... T_T

On another note... I need to play Smash. If I don't keep playing, how am I suppose to keep my backairs sharp!!!!?

Also, my girlfriend really wants to meet you all. We usually don't have set plans on Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights, so we'd be good to come over sometime... including tonight.
I personally am busy most every night but Friday-Sunday, though I could probably make free time if real plans were set in motion. However, tonight is not good. Also, I am going home Friday around 6 to see my grandma. Anytime else is fine though!

We haven't had a smashfest in a long time. Haven't seen you or Ace in forever :(

chamberlin

Smash Ace
We haven't had a smashfest in a long time. Haven't seen you or Ace in forever :(
Indeed. I'm not sure what Ace is doing. I saw him at Barnes and Noble about a month ago with a girl, and I haven't seen him since. He is a man shrouded in mystery. Also, he hasn't been playing Smash with us, meaning that he could be a complete and total beast at the game by now.

I can host a Smashfest at my apartment next week sometime or we can go somewhere else. However, my roommate Brad has a "No parties, smashfests, etc" rule for Mondays. So maybe next Tuesday or next Friday would be good. This weekend might actually be good also.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Indeed. I'm not sure what Ace is doing. I saw him at Barnes and Noble about a month ago with a girl, and I haven't seen him since. He is a man shrouded in mystery. Also, he hasn't been playing Smash with us, meaning that he could be a complete and total beast at the game by now.

I can host a Smashfest at my apartment next week sometime or we can go somewhere else. However, my roommate Brad has a "No parties, smashfests, etc" rule for Mondays. So maybe next Tuesday or next Friday would be good. This weekend might actually be good also.
Why would Brad say nothing doing on Mondays??

That makes no sense to me. Also, I would like to meet your g/f as well. I hear alot about her.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Why would Brad say nothing doing on Mondays??

That makes no sense to me. Also, I would like to meet your g/f as well. I hear alot about her.
Haha, I've talked to her about you and your brother also.

Brad is a cohabiting in the apartment. He doesn't have many rules, so I just accept rules like this, random though they may seem.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think Chrono Trigger has just been disgraced a little.

I much prefer my Acoustic remix to "Peaceful Days." Tons more class, and boasts actual talent.

Top Bottom