• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Woot, since i moved up here I've lost 3 belt sizes. Get at me vts, I would like to see you do that.

On second thought, I don't.

-----------------------------

Lol, that death stare you get when you ask someone how their day was. I've seen it about 5 times today, wonder what's wrong.

:phone:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I just figured out how to pivot fsmash with Marth out of dash. Mayhaps I've finally found my answer to Peach. (It's a guaranteed tipper kill on her out of fthrow, no matter how she DIs.)

p.s. it's really gay, you guys are gonna hate it when I get it down 100%

Also also, my French roommate moved to his friend's apartment. As soon as one bed is filled, another opens up.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I just figured out how to pivot fsmash with Marth out of dash. Mayhaps I've finally found my answer to Peach. (It's a guaranteed tipper kill on her out of fthrow, no matter how she DIs.)

p.s. it's really gay, you guys are gonna hate it when I get it down 100%

Also also, my French roommate moved to his friend's apartment. As soon as one bed is filled, another opens up.
You mean Sabin is no more?? For shame. He had the coolest name ever too.

And Arby, you ain't the pivot king around here, so watch yer step son.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You mean Sabin is no more?? For shame. He had the coolest name ever too.

And Arby, you ain't the pivot king around here, so watch yer step son.
Arnaud's the frenchie, not Sabin.

Idk man, ideas are popping off like crazy right now. You may lose your crown soon.

(With Falcon) I down threw a fox at 0% at the edge, then did the dash pivot drop Will was talking about into a bair. It was fast as hell (good lord, like seriously) and destroyed the fox's double jump to the edge. It's fast enough that I could have grabbed the edge after the bair and got the fox anyway if it stalled its recovery. Falcon usually doesn't have access to edge invincibility while also covering other options, so this is amazing. Little things like this could vastly improve the edgeguard game for a lot of matchups. I'm gonna work at it in matches until I have it down. Been a good while since I've actively tried to master something :)

Also thinking about using pivot drops and PC "edgehogs" on the inside edges of platforms for combos and general movement. The game will get here eventually if the metagame stays moving, but I ain't waiting like I usually do. Just think... you can pivot off the edge during a combo or whatever and forward air/hit them off the closer side instead of having to push them across the stage (or up) just because you're both facing the wrong way. This also seems like it would be a great answer to back/down/weird DIs that mess with platform combos (or combos by a platform/the edge). I'm thinking of all kinds of crazy creative finishers right now.

Fthrow pivot fsmash on Peach/Puff with Marth at like 70-120% is so so satisfying. Finally, they die at the same percents I do. Maybe I'll jump back into a Marth phase for a bit.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I don't know how to do any of that fancy stuff. I'll work on it as I see it becomes useful, or I'll work around it :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think Ganon would be beast with pivot dropping. Surprise pivot drop into f-air in the middle of the stage could destroy some people.

Is pivot dropping just a pivoted shield drop from a platform?

I'm confused with this terminology. If we're talking about shield drops, incorporating them is a slow process, but I see the value.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I will have to have my tech guy look into it for me.

Or you could explain it to a noob like myself :D
You know the PC edgehog, when you turn around out of your walk and slide onto the edge because of momentum? Well, the pivot drop is the exact same idea except during a dash. During a dash, you can only dash attack, shield, jump (which also leads to jc grabs, shines, and up smashes), and pivot. The pivot allows for stuff like that Marth thing I was talking about, where you dash the appropriate distance, pivot the other way, then fsmash the original direction. End result is that, no matter how the Peach/Puff DI, they can't get far enough away that a dash after them -> pivot -> tipper fsmash won't catch. It's just weird and underused, so Marths haven't applied it yet. Though knowing how to do this might singlehandedly have won M2k his sets against AR. Peach lived to 5000% every stock of those games. But who knows. Anyway, the pivot has all kinds of applications beyond doing aerials and grabs (basically what we use it for now). One general use would be the pivot drop. You dash towards the edge, then pivot to turn around at the right distance. The momentum slides you off the edge, just like a PC edgehog. Now, in a very short amount of time you've put yourself in one of the best positions for edgeguarding in the game. Suddenly being there would also allow for a large number of currently impossible followups, mindgames, and such. It's like the dash -> turn around wavedash thing some random Ganon did here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBCRjfS5D4&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s

or its big propagator M2k did here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSn_3ZJvG0&feature=player_detailpage#t=284s

except like twice as fast.

Pivots have a lot of room to grow. I'm excited. **Have you thought about doing your pivot jab out of a dash? Ganon could create some space to bait an approach with a dash away, then turnaround jab in their face. It might be the best answer to some situation, or at least serve as a good mixup. Oooh, Falcon pivot gentlemen could be so amazing and sooo gay.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Pivot jab is extremely hard. Although it's more along the lines of the tech skill I'm good at than fox/falco stuff.

Idk we'll have to see. But I can see what you're talking about with pivot drops. May have to try that out.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
nvm arby you don't need to try out that thing on my last post.
Arby try this out for me. Pivot drop into a knee on fd. Then try to wall jump back onto the stage.
It turns out falcon falls too far with this and kills himself. Maybe you should try it to check. Although I did find out something else. Remember when I said there was a frame that you could fall off without pivoting? Well, I down threw fox on the edge, he DI'd in, I fell straight down with a reverse b-air, then jump knee. Fox got completely destroyed. Real life 0-death combo. I really need a dazzle. :(

Another idea: if fox is recovering against the side of the stage, pivot drop knee. And then lol at him while you die and he techs.

Vts

Smash Champion
as do i, and no on buying you anything!!!

only cus you said your picking up IC , i'm just saving you time, they are bad and by bad i mean they are good enough to win nationals but i can't cus i suck lol

Vts

Smash Champion
it's not hard it's just timing, they are pretty easy once you understand how nana works, once you get down basic chain grabs and stuff you have to learn how to get the grab in the games, which is hardest part if the player is smart also making sure your nana is not dying to them lol

Vts

Smash Champion
I have 3+ years into the character, i'm not changing lol

plus i don't really like yoshi, but if you wanna do the challenge go ahead i don't plan on playing yoshi so good chance of you winning it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Lol a famous writer is moving in within the next couple of days. I can't tell you who it is because that is against the law.

Who is it!
Arby, what is this crap? If it's fan fiction, I wanna read it.

http://dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Xicor
Uhhh.
like a boss

really if you were a man you'd kill them and put their bodies on display warning others never to try again :D
Uhhhhhhh.

The boy is back in town (the boy is back, the boy is back) *guitar solo*

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Who is it!

Uhhh.

Uhhhhhhh.

The boy is back in town (the boy is back, the boy is back) *guitar solo*
Just had to listen to that song.

One of his names is ether Fred or Fredric. He said he needed to come here for a quiet place to write since everyone knows who he is where he lived. Although, he may have decided to change his mind since I haven't heard back from him. Oh, he also said he played football in Birmingham, AL.

This is all I could find with that information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Childress

With that said he may not be a famous writer, but a famous football player.

Sweet, my boss gave me the day off tomorrow because of all the craziness.

Top Bottom