• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Lol Yoshiman, everyone loves you.

We were kinda playing a prank, but apparently VTS is the lover of all things he can spoil. Anime, video games, pranks. You name it, he'll spoil it.

1) No I have never seen those videos of music you posted.

2) I did not get the Monte Cristo, but I should have because the burger was only decent.

3) <3

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I cought on so fast because it was so blatantly obvious that you guys were ignoring me.

It's like I ask someone what their name is and they stare me straight in the eye for a few seconds, then turn to the guy next to him and say, "I like pickles!"

So did anyone try the monte cristo per my recommendation? If not, you are all fools.

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So in my nursing post conference today, somehow we got on the topic of good food here in little rock.

Someone said something about Cheddar's Monte Cristo...

4 of the 9 people in the room replied in jubilation(including my professor) on how good it was.

...I could only down in shame.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
So in my nursing post conference today, somehow we got on the topic of good food here in little rock.

Someone said something about Cheddar's Monte Cristo...

4 of the 9 people in the room replied in jubilation(including my professor) on how good it was.

...I could only down in shame.
Will just got lucky like he always does.

We should do that split between the Monte Cristo and chicken fried steak soon. I'm quite interested.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I don't get on smashboards very often, so I don't know if you guys know about this or not

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-Ever/133174553418544

Automatic 100 dollar pot for the winner, but no 2 or 3 place winners.
I was not going to say anything, and just show up to get the cash myself. But I'll be driving back from New Orleans on the 4th. Two friends of mine are going, so they probably can give Adam a ride though.
Go get it Rusty.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I don't get on smashboards very often, so I don't know if you guys know about this or not

I was not going to say anything, and just show up to get the cash myself. But I'll be driving back from New Orleans on the 4th. Two friends of mine are going, so they probably can give Adam a ride though.
Go get it Rusty.
I hope to, but one of these other jokers might pull a Prince Charming and sweep me off my feet. Nonetheless, someone (probably Adam) should enter the amateur bracket and pick up that swag + gift card. We could spend all of it right there on 40 drinks lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Go get it Rusty.
You know, I will concede that Rusty is a good smasher. but the fact that you didn't even list me as a potential threat is a huge slap in my face. Just for that, I'm gonna embarrass you the worst way I know...I'm gonna beat your peach with my fox multiple times! :mad:

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
You know, I will concede that Rusty is a good smasher. but the fact that you didn't even list me as a potential threat is a huge slap in my face. Just for that, I'm gonna embarrass you the worst way I know...I'm gonna beat your peach with my fox multiple times! :mad:
BRING IT
In all seriousness,
You Totally Could win that 100 dollars Vice (not if you play fox though; the point that it can beat my peach says more about my peach than it says about your fox). Your ganondorf is manly slick
(Still will be rooting for Rusty though :bee:. )

I'll be training alot with Adam, so hopefully he can win the noob bracket :awesome:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
BRING IT
In all seriousness,
You Totally Could win that 100 dollars Vice (not if you play fox though; the point that it can beat my peach says more about my peach than it says about your fox). Your ganondorf is manly slick
(Still will be rooting for Rusty though :bee:. )

I'll be training alot with Adam, so hopefully he can win the noob bracket :awesome:
...really? Rooting against me?

....it's aight...Adam is better than you anyway!!:cry:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
oh ya, that show. Is the second season better than the first?

I can't remember what I thought about it, or even if I liked it.
Most certainly, and you liked it enough to give it an 8 and hound after me about watching Bridge x Bridge without you.

Plus the second season has Falco:

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Most certainly, and you liked it enough to give it an 8 and hound after me about watching Bridge x Bridge without you.
I might watch it after I finish g gundam, maybe.

Speaking of g gundam. It was boring at first, then it got good and now it's back to boring. This show isn't giving me any reason to care. I'm also getting really annoyed at that announcer dude, he is always spoiling things.

p.s.
Master Asia made a cool hero, but a terrible villain.

Vts

Smash Champion
Lol we're at Zaza's in the hipster part of town, and two girls are playing Magic across from us. Vts is talking to the bro girl right now... she knows her stuff. Also this pizza looks delicious.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
When do you get off on Friday Will? We should probably be on the road by 9 or 9:30 Saturday if we want to eat at Lambert's, so I'm wondering how much time we'll have for funsies the night before.

We should make some new CDs for the road. Any ideas?

Dr. Horrible's my suggestion.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Lambert's is ****ing delicous.
I agree, but my opinion is like 10 years old. Thanks for the reassurance :)

Hey George Martin readers, I thought of something cool while trying to get to sleep. You know how the churches are called septs and the priests septons? Well... they worship the Seven, and sept is French for seven........

Also, I found this while link hopping on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_d'Aran.

Vale of Arryn right there. It's even geographically similar.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
My fondest memory is the complementary fried okra and walking out feeling more full than I have ever felt ever.

On second thought, maybe that's not so good for a smash tournament.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
When do you get off on Friday Will? We should probably be on the road by 9 or 9:30 Saturday if we want to eat at Lambert's, so I'm wondering how much time we'll have for funsies the night before.

We should make some new CDs for the road. Any ideas?

Dr. Horrible's my suggestion.
I get off desk duty at 8pm. Then I'm on call until 8am. So if someone calls while we are sleeping then I have to wake up. Also, at 9pm and 11pm I have to do security rounds, which take about 15 mins each. So I should be able to find some fun time in there somewhere.

Has someone made a reservation for Lambert's? It's kind of important if we ever plan on getting in.

As far as cds go, I can't think of anything right now. Dr. Horrible sounds fine to me. Also, I don't have all my music loaded on itunes so you'll have to make your cd.

Will, you better finish G Gundam. Just... Make sure you finish it.
I will don't worry about it.

Yo gvice, my voice is currently way deeper than your singing voice. Stupid strep throat. I don't know how I'm suppose to answer the phones today.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I agree, but my opinion is like 10 years old. Thanks for the reassurance :)

Hey George Martin readers, I thought of something cool while trying to get to sleep. You know how the churches are called septs and the priests septons? Well... they worship the Seven, and sept is French for seven........

Also, I found this while link hopping on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_d'Aran.

Vale of Arryn right there. It's even geographically similar.
Martin is like tolkien; they **** archaic bits of history to make a great story. Compare Old English to Elven; compare Norse to any of the names. Martin is just showing his awesomeness by knowing that you can't create anything cooler than time has already provided us.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Martin is like tolkien; they **** archaic bits of history to make a great story. Compare Old English to Elven; compare Norse to any of the names. Martin is just showing his awesomeness by knowing that you can't create anything cooler than time has already provided us.
Fourth book's definitely better than the third btw. Sure nothing much happens, but that also means there isn't any BULL****.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/q1ct3/did_you_know_false_information_picture_appeal_to/

Interesting thread. Seems to be a rough consensus on what hurts the most:

God Tier
-kidney stones, gallstones
-direct nerve damage
-cluster headaches

Top Tier
-broken collar bone
-giving birth

High Tier
-broken femur

Wild Card Tier
-testicle interaction (ranges from pretty bad to excruciating depending on nature of contact)

I only have experience with cluster headaches and getting kicked in da ballz. They both rendered me thoughtless, but it's hard to compare. One was incredibly sharp, like having my brain and eyeball scraped over by a razor, and the other was purely sickening. Felt like I was dying either way though. Really, childhood silliness like a broken ulna or beehive attack look trivial in comparison lol.

You mediciney types, got any input based on studies or patient experience? It's a neat topic I think.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I've been kicked in the balls, I've had cluster headaches.

But for me, the most painful experience in my life was an ear infection. Not because it's an overwhelming pain but because it's constant for days, for weeks. It drives one insane. The sharp pricks of pain delving into your brain. Always there. Never being able to ignore it. Destroying all thoughts as every tick of the second hand feels like an eternity.

I have met hell. And its name is Ear infection.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo gvice, my voice is currently way deeper than your singing voice. Stupid strep throat. I don't know how I'm suppose to answer the phones today.
If you have a sore throat that's one thing, but if it's actually strep throat you need to get on an antibiotic regiment. Strep throats are caused by "streptoccocus pneumonae" and it can actually lead to heart valve damage if not treated.

So talk to a doctor and tell him you have strep, or if you have make sure you take the full medication regimen of your prescription. Don't quit taking it just cause you feel better.

edit*

when it comes to pain I have heard that severe migraines and kidney stones are the most painful things possible. Unmedicated birth would be following, but actually not as much as you'd think. Lamaze or other focusing techniques have been proven effective in contraction and pains associated with childbirth, however they wouldn't do a thing for a severe migraine or kidney stones.

I got pushed in a swimming pool once and my landed on the railing on my man parts. That was probably the most painful thing for me when it comes to acute pain. When it comes to the worst chronic pain I've ever dealt with, it would be my feet. Jumping or trying to play DDR with my flat feet literally leave me in a state where I want to lay down. Walking on a daily basis hurts probably at a 5-7 out of 10, but DDR? I lasted literally 30 secs sometimes because the pain was so bad and I'd have to lay on the couch.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I've been kicked in the balls, I've had cluster headaches.

But for me, the most painful experience in my life was an ear infection. Not because it's an overwhelming pain but because it's constant for days, for weeks. It drives one insane. The sharp pricks of pain delving into your brain. Always there. Never being able to ignore it. Destroying all thoughts as every tick of the second hand feels like an eternity.

I have met hell. And its name is Ear infection.
Yeah ear infections suck a big one. It's a really tactile kind of pain, like a bad itch you just can't reach. For weeks.

Do migraines count as chronic pain? If not, headaches in general I guess. I've never not had a headache since I hit puberty. It just varies in nature and degree of annoyance, sometimes spiking into a migraine. Also why I get car sick instantly if I look at something, and vastly prefer having the window down/air conditioner on. Now that I think about it, I probably sleep with a fan because it soothes my headache and helps me relax.
Double Post due to mixing two of our most uniques interests surprisingly well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZSP650kPJ4&context=C3145c07ADOEgsToPDskIETGoFveCR9nkZ1rCNi05M
That's so wrong!

Two individuals who lived their entire lives haunted by personal demons, which chased them both to early graves. REAL CLASSY YOUTUBE. And it's listed under comedy. Fantastic.

AND Dragonball GT is in the tags.

Top Bottom