• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318870
Amazing! Ziv could turn this thing into a monster overnight.
Lol I'm actually already working on it. We basically started a project to do this exact same thing nearly a year ago. However I was mostly a consultant for the actual elo formula, advertiser, and data collector for backlogging .tio files. Since I'm not a programmer though we never really got anywhere, and the programmers we had weren't really making any progress. This guy just did it without even being a part of our team.

But now that he's got it going, myself and others that were on the elo team will be collaborating on it with him to make it better. I'm going to be uploading some brackets here tonight as well. You guys should be able to see your names on there shortly, if not by the time you read this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What's that I hear? The sweet sound of salt?

Lol good job dude
I am a little salty I never got to play Arby in tourney this time, but I got outplayed by VTS in both sets (quite a large margin in the first set) so it's fine. I'm actually really glad I didn't win, I feel my recent victories have caused me to improve at a slower rate than I did before.
I DO wish my wallet was fatter than it is, though. The main thing I miss from winning Pathways XD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Vts wants to go and split the money like we did this weekend. So I have a ride :)

p.s. I am not a fan of splitting, but I do owe him a goodly sum for supporting my food addiction. Really, I only need this money to... further support my food addiction. Oh, and for possibly going to SMYM 13 in two weeks.

p.p.s. The Facebook page for this tournament is something scary.

ewwww
Well I may just show up then and throw a wrench in ya'lls plans for being punks

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I like the above three posts.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/
This sounds excellent. Basically, Star Wars should be watched as such: IV, V, II, III, VI. This order actually makes the prequels and last film better, begins with the strongest movies, and skips Episode I. He spends most of the post explaining why this is a good thing, and I'm convinced. Essentially, Phantom Menace doesn't introduce or explain anything necessary to the rest of the movies, and in many cases only confuses the viewer. Not to mention that it is a horrible film and worth skipping if possible.

I want to try this, but I don't know anyone except my mom who hasn't seen the series. And she's not going to.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I haven't watched 2 and 3. During highschool I marathoned the star wars in publication order but hit number 1 and couldn't go on.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I like the above three posts.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/
This sounds excellent. Basically, Star Wars should be watched as such: IV, V, II, III, VI. This order actually makes the prequels and last film better, begins with the strongest movies, and skips Episode I. He spends most of the post explaining why this is a good thing, and I'm convinced. Essentially, Phantom Menace doesn't introduce or explain anything necessary to the rest of the movies, and in many cases only confuses the viewer. Not to mention that it is a horrible film and worth skipping if possible.

I want to try this, but I don't know anyone except my mom who hasn't seen the series. And she's not going to.
I'll try it with you. XD

I'm always in the mood for star wars.

:phone:

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I only have fun losing when I think I'm playing well, because then I'm thinking why am I even trying to win when my techskill is this bad.

I guess it's because I'm always trying to play my best. Although every now and then I have an uncontrollable urge to win, which boost my skills by a factor of 9000. A good example of this was shown at the pathways tourney last weekend where I took that match from Ziv. Other than that match I was playing like I just started the game all day long.

that urge to win was probably why my yoshi ended up be so awesome. I just can't accept defeat when I play yoshi. If you beat my yoshi, it's because I let you.

I can't imagin what it would have been like if I was listening to my powerup song at the same time.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Nah sorry, I have to do something for spanish at four.

GGs yesterday vice. You know what's strange, I enjoyed the falcon ganon matches the most even though I lost more of them than anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OKnl5troHc0#t=482s
lol randall
Yeah I agree. I had alot of fun playing your Captain Falcon, slightly more frustrating yet still good matches with your marth.

Fox...completely frustrating. Sheik, mostly frustrating. Still need to work on those two matchups. But falcon...I'm feeling good about falcon.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Also Arby,

you're much better in the Ganon match-up than you are at the Marth one :/

but Ziv has gotten a little better I can tell. VTS, stop sandbagging vs DK. You never drop that many hand-offs vs us lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The thing about "not thinking" is something that makes me wonder if I use the right strategy. People maybe wonder if it's true but I actually NEVER think while Im playing. I don't know if this is leading to some good things but also some bad things.

Maybe not thinking is better for concentration but thinking is better to se habbits and you should not overuse any of them. Well I will follow the blog and rethink a lot of things to be sure Im doing the right thing =)
how curious

Vts

Smash Champion
oh whoops

And sure, if no one wants to try the $4 half pound burgers at Thirsty Howl. Either way Seif can eat with us and try something new.
yeah sounds good, just regular pepperoni sounds amazing right now, maybe i'll run into those girls again and beat them at some magic lol

then flip the table and yell out i'm da best and throw remaining pizza at them saying get better before challenging the champion!!

or something a long those lines

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You guys should all just move to Springfield.
<3
Man, I tried to go to qdoba this morning, but was **** blocked by the we don't open until 10:30 sign. ****ing Bull****.

Btw, Book of friends is pretty awesome.
You should check this out then: http://www.animetake.com/hotarubi-no-mori-e/

It's from the same author as Natsume with the same studio animating (Brains Base). Sounds like a recipe for success to me. A new Madhouse movie was also just subbed from the screenplay writer of Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Most pleasant surprises.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Hmmm... Arby didn't even look like he was trying most of the time why he was playing, except for VTS, then he was on the "How to Beat VTS" autopilot. It looks like VTS has gotten over Strongbad's DK shinnanigans also, which is good. Which I could have seen an Arby vs Strongbad rematch, and I wish Dark Atma was in attendance. Vice would have dominated MO (except Dark Atma) from the looks of it

Top Bottom