• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arthur for Brawl?

Jorgito

Smash Rookie
Hey, first post.

I've been lurking for a while at Smashboards and haven't seen Arthur from Super Ghouls & Ghosts be suggested at all, and I wonder why. He's practically tailor-made for a game like this! Besides the fact that Ghosts & Goblins was the first game ever to use double-jumping, Arthur has a myriad of moves to take advantage of. He'd probably be projectile-based like Samus. There's also Mega Man for a Capcom rep, but I think Arthur fits the SSB mold better AND has the "WTF?" factor Mr.G&W had. In fact, here's an idea for the B moves:

B: Dagger: Arthur rapidly tosses daggers forward. Only 3 daggers can be onscreen at a time. Each dagger does 2% damage with little stun. Good for tacking on damage when you're up close.

B^: Red Arremer: A Red Arremer appears behind Arthur, grabs him, then flies upwards at a 45 degree angle, while Arthur panics. Towards the end, the flight path can be steered a little up or down. The Red Arremer can hit opponents for 10-12% fire damage.

B>: Lance: Arthur's standard weapon. He tosses a lance forward, which travels until it hits something. Similar to the dagger, but there can only be 2 onscreen. The tip of the lance does 9-10% and has good knockback, and the rest does 4% with little knockback. If Arthur does this in the air, he does a little flip and stays in the air a little longer, which can be used for recovery.

Bv: Torch: Arthur chucks a torch, and when it hits the ground it creates a wave of fire that travels a little. The torch itself is tossed about one Bowser length before it hits the ground. The torch does 8%, the fire wave hits 5 times for 3% each. The fire wave only happens if the torch hits the ground, not if it hits a shield or a character. Only two torches onscreen at a time.

Super Smash: Gold Armor Magic

Arthur dons the ultimate Gold Armor, and casts a different weapon magic depending on the last weapon move used.

-Dagger Magic: Arthur summons a giant blue flame dragon. It travels in a forward, up, forward, down pattern until it leaves the screen, leaving small gaps for dodging. The dragon deals around 40-50% damage.

-Lance Magic: Arthur raises the lance into the air, and lightning hits it, sending two more bolts of electricity to Arthur's sides. The lightning bolts form an upside-down T, if you will. It traps opponents and shocks them for 50-60% damage maximum.

-Torch Magic: Three blue orbs start circling Arthur. The orbs deal 10-15% damage if an opponent is hit by them, and they reflect thrown items and projectiles. (By reflect I mean like Fox's Bv) The orbs stick around for 15 or so seconds after being activated. (I think this one might be overpowered...)

Taunt: Arthur's leggings drop down, revealing his briefs, then he scrambles to pull them back up.

So who likes the idea? (Or doesn't?)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
While I can see where you're coming from on this, and I have to admit that that's a pretty good moveset, I still have to say no to this character. The thing is, if Capcom gets a 3rd party character in, they get just that: A character. One. There isn't really enough room for outside companies to be getting more than that. That being said, Capcom needs to pick it's representative carefully. They wouldn't want people to react to their character like "WTF?". That's why if Capcom is getting any rep, it'll be from Megaman, most likely.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, I'll have to agree wit HTiger on this one. Though his avatar is a pic. of Mr. Saturn, he still makes a good point.

Conker1

Smash Ace
yeah I want Arthur but the thing is Megaman has more support sadly.

For Capcom, it's probably like this:

1.Megaman :(
2.Ryu :chuckle:
3. Arthur :)

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
NO I DISAGREE

It would go like this:

1. Megaman X (because that series was more popular)
2. Zero (everyone loves him)
3. Ryu ('nuff said)

Conker1

Smash Ace
NO I DISAGREE

It would go like this:

3. Ryu ('nuff said)
Wrong

The would only put one capcom character in if any.

They would put original megaman seeing as he is the mascot of capcom

Zero has 0 chance as they wouldn't put him in before Megaman

Dawoo

Smash Apprentice
I actually like this character suggestion. I remember playing this game at an arcade by a drive-in movie when I was a little kid. I always like the retro-type character suggestions as opposed to the most recent characters possible. However, I have to admit that I would be somewhat disappointed to see Arthur and not Megaman in Brawl.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
NO I DISAGREE

It would go like this:

3. Ryu ('nuff said)
I have to agree with Conker1 (even though I'd love to have Megaman in Brawl).

The proper Megaman suit is most likely the number one since he is, after all, the classic Megaman.

Zero has no chance of getting in because if they, for whatever whacked out reason, decided to not put Megaman in Brawl but to put another character in instead they wouldn't choose a lesser character from the same series.

Back on topic.

Whilst Arthur is a very good suggestion (so much better than so many other suggestions) I'd be dissapointed if Megaman didn't get in but Arthur did.

....I just repeated what the two posts before me said...

:ohwell:

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
true, but I was going in forms of popularity.

And I think X does have a good chance if any megamans do get in. The classic may have better but I dont know for sure.

Zero might have gotten in for reasons of the sword and fitting good with styles of fighting in it.

But these are just my opinions, not how it would work.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
There are three threads for this guy, but i felt this one was the best.

I just bought Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the VC and i owned Ghouls and Ghosts for the Mega Drive, and the nostalgia is powerful.

If this guy got in (although he most certainly won't) i would go nuts (in the good way).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
NO I DISAGREE

It would go like this:

3. Ryu ('nuff said)
Hell no it's not X...Go into the Megaman thread and say that

Top Bottom